Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

So what happens if you have money left over on the card? I'm all paid up, gratuities and everything. Can I pay for Chef's table and the steakhouse with this? Bottomless Bubbles? Night Owls?

The balance will just remain on the card unless you add it to your onboard account. Then you can use it for anything you charge against your onboard account.

I've read so much on these Verizon gift but I'm still not 100% sure I understand.

In a nutshell, if I purchase the rest of the amount I still owe on my Valor cruise.....$1300.... That I can phone my Carnival PVP with information I will receive by email from Verizon after purchasing these and the PVP will have the required information to pay off my cruise balance? It's actually that easy?

I see that these are not available at the moment thru Verizon...but I'll continue to watch CC, hoping for a heads-up when they're available again.

I've read so much on these Verizon gift but I'm still not 100% sure I understand.

In a nutshell, if I purchase the rest of the amount I still owe on my Valor cruise.....$1300.... That I can phone my Carnival PVP with information I will receive by email from Verizon after purchasing these and the PVP will have the required information to pay off my cruise balance? It's actually that easy?

I see that these are not available at the moment thru Verizon...but I'll continue to watch CC, hoping for a heads-up when they're available again.

It's that easy. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. The difficult and damn near impossible part is actually getting the discounted cards. It's a chore looking out for when they pop up available. I managed to buy a ton of them but it was work!

Do note, the e-cards haven't been around in months. All they have been offering lately are the actual plastic gift cards. They will mail them to you. Just keep checking.

I think you can even save yourself a phone call and apply the gift card to your balance online.

I also ordered a $500 card from Verizon on the 21st. I hope it comes soon. My final payment is due on the 8th and I don't want to have to use my credit card.

Nivrag -

I also ordered from Verizon on Fri 8/21 and it was delivered Thu 8/27.

I also ordered again on Fri 8/28 and just now (1:05 AM) I received notice from UPS that the delivery will be made tomorrow Tue between 2:45-6:45 PM.

Verizon sent tracking info with my confirmation.

Perhaps you can check to see your order status.

Not exactly. You have to wait until you receive the actual gift card in the mail before you can apply it to your cruise balance.

I ordered 3 giftcards from Verizon and 1 from AARP on 8/25/16; Verizon's arrived yesterday, AARP's arrived today. If you can't be home to sign for them you can do so on the UPS website or have them rerouted to a UPS store near you.

Now if I could just get some of the $100 ones!!

linzlovestocruise, they haven't offered eGift cards for several months now, not sure why......

I also ordered a $500 card from Verizon on the 21st. I hope it comes soon. My final payment is due on the 8th and I don't want to have to use my credit card.

Have you heard anything yet? I ordered the same day and nothing. I am going to call again tomorrow and see if I can find out what's going on.

Have you heard anything yet? I ordered the same day and nothing. I am going to call again tomorrow and see if I can find out what's going on.

Did you get a shipping notice of any kind? I got a confirmation email first, then a shipping notice with a tracking number.

They're not getting back to you fast enough, give 'em another call! :eek:

I called again. I was told that the warehouse has confirmed that it will ship by the end of the week and I'll receive an email with tracking once it goes out. So...I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

Fingers crossed! :)

I also ordered a $500 dollar card and it has not yet shipped. When I called they just said it should ship this week. My guess is they oversold and are waiting for the next batch to come in. On the bright sided I was able to order 3 $100 dollar cards last week and they should be here today/tomorrow.

So has anyone found out why Verizon calls to verify a $500 gift card but doesn't call for 5 - $100 cards? I ordered a $500 card on 8/21 and received it a week later on 8/27 via UPS signature confirmation required. On 8/27 ordered 5 - $100 cards and they just called on 9/1 to verify that I did make the purchase and said they will let distribution know to go ahead and ship out. I asked the lady then why they call and sometimes they don't and she just said it's the money amount, which clearly isn't true, because $500 is $500 dollars lol. Then when I questioned that she just laughed like well I don't know. Anyway, I have purchased 4 or less $100 cards and they always just send them in the regular mail no signature required. Honestly $400 is valuable in my opinion, just wondering how they decided on their procedures for mailing these gift cards, lol.

So has anyone found out why Verizon calls to verify a $500 gift card but doesn't call for 5 - $100 cards? I ordered a $500 card on 8/21 and received it a week later on 8/27 via UPS signature confirmation required. On 8/27 ordered 5 - $100 cards and they just called on 9/1 to verify that I did make the purchase and said they will let distribution know to go ahead and ship out. I asked the lady then why they call and sometimes they don't and she just said it's the money amount, which clearly isn't true, because $500 is $500 dollars lol. Then when I questioned that she just laughed like well I don't know. Anyway, I have purchased 4 or less $100 cards and they always just send them in the regular mail no signature required. Honestly $400 is valuable in my opinion, just wondering how they decided on their procedures for mailing these gift cards, lol.

AARP is the same way, $500 single card get the special treatment and 5 $100 cards get nothing, it is odd, I am betting it is the same distribution company with the same set of rules......:confused:

do you get a email confirmation for shipping of the $100 cards. i ordered them on 8/27. i got a order confirmation but not a shipping. on the rewards site my account shows the ordered as shipped. as of today i have not recieved them

do you get a email confirmation for shipping of the $100 cards. i ordered them on 8/27. i got a order confirmation but not a shipping. on the rewards site my account shows the ordered as shipped. as of today i have not recieved them

I have ordered 3 of them on separate occasions and no, I have never gotten an email confirmation.

That makes no sense, I ordered 3 of the $500 cards and nobody bothered calling me :p Maybe it depends on what credit card you use? I used AMEX...

That makes no sense, I ordered 3 of the $500 cards and nobody bothered calling me :p Maybe it depends on what credit card you use? I used AMEX...

Who knows, the person I talked to yesterday just laughed about it as if she had no answer either. I actually used my Carnival master card for all of my GC purchases. I do know that my $500 card was delivered in less than a week and the 5 - $100 cards are yet to be shipped. :( It's nice to have the UPS Choice set up so I can get notification when they are going to arrive because it's kind of unpredictable right now.