All inclusive

tfg

I am not sure about Celebrity but other companies operate very strict rules re bringing alcohol on board whereas P and O are quite generous at the moment. Do you think that policy will go if AI is available?

I'm not sure it will. If half the ship buys the AI package and half doesnt, I am guessing the half that doesnt will still want to bring drinks onboard. Also you may get some on AI who still bring a few drinks on to consume in their cabin when getting ready for dinner etc. Even if I was all inclusive I wouldnt want to walk to the bar to get a pre dinner G&T, much rather have it on tap in my cabin!

But who knows, it might be that P&O shoehorns in a change of alcohol policy when and if it introduces AI.

I'm not sure it will. If half the ship buys the AI package and half doesnt, I am guessing the half that doesnt will still want to bring drinks onboard. Also you may get some on AI who still bring a few drinks on to consume in their cabin when getting ready for dinner etc. Even if I was all inclusive I wouldnt want to walk to the bar to get a pre dinner G&T, much rather have it on tap in my cabin!

But who knows, it might be that P&O shoehorns in a change of alcohol policy when and if it introduces AI.

It may happen to bring in line with others.Princess are restrictive and also all in the same room have to purchase AI if required; Royal Caribbean and Celebrity allow two bottles of wine per room to be brought on board and Fred Olsen don't allow any.

With FO everyone in the same cabin has to purchase it too which is bummer when I share with a friend as she drinks so little it isn't worth her purchasing it.

Also with FO, the price per day more than doubles for a short cruise.

With FO everyone in the same cabin has to purchase it too which is bummer when I share with a friend as she drinks so little it isn't worth her purchasing it.

Also with FO, the price per day more than doubles for a short cruise.

Think the everyone in same cabin rule exists amongst all lines offering AI

I would certainly be interested in AI, rather than just an alcohol package. However, it is going to depend on cost. We have a 17 nighter coming up and the equivalent of $45 per night would put a large hole in the OBC!