EL Rancho Inn/ S.F. comments

cruisingready2

Stayed there many times (8 plus)when we lived in the SFO area. However we have moved so last stay was in 2009. Rooms were adequate for a one night stay.

A bit dated but clean. Parking plan is the big advantage. Be sure to follow the directions given at check in for parking program. Regular shuttle to SFO.

Nice bar with appetizers available as well as full service restaurant. Had a decent free snack bar with muffins, fruit, coffee, etc in morning pre flight

all depends on your flight time. Also short walk to a KFC if that is your thing.

Stayed there many times (8 plus)when we lived in the SFO area. However we have moved so last stay was in 2009. Rooms were adequate for a one night stay.

A bit dated but clean. Parking plan is the big advantage. Be sure to follow the directions given at check in for parking program. Regular shuttle to SFO.

Nice bar with appetizers available as well as full service restaurant. Had a decent free snack bar with muffins, fruit, coffee, etc in morning pre flight

all depends on your flight time. Also short walk to a KFC if that is your thing.

Agree. We have also used them, but it has been a long time ago. Dated but adequate is a good description.

I've stayed there once...about 40 years ago!

It felt "dated" then...but, yes, it is "adequate" as a motel...It is on that main endless commercial strip of El Camino Real in an area that isn't really remarkable or noteworthy except for being in the shadow of the airport...

When you say "during your cruise", are you cruising out of San Francisco? Or flying out of SFO to a cruise from somewhere else? If cruising out of San Francisco, note that you are a long way from the pier...and you will need some sort of transportation from their to the ship...shuttle, taxi, car service or some complicated combination of hotel shuttle to SFO to BART to Market Street to Taxi to the pier...and the same back...

If you are planning on spending any time in The City itself, this is not the convenient location to do it from...

Thank you for the info. We are planning on staying there and taking the shuttle to SFO and having a transfer to the ship thru princess. they do not charge to leave our car while we are on the cruise. Then the reverse order when we come back.

It is sort of your typical motel. It is relatively inexpensive and the big plus is the parking. Although not new it has all the required things for nights before or after a cruise of flight.

I would not hesitate to stay there again

The Hyatt SFO also offers a great park n fly parking and I feel their parking area is far more secure. the last time we did park and fly I found the Hyatt cheaper than the El Rancho and included more days of parking but no free breakfast. I grew up in Millbrae and was married just across the street from the El Rancho. If you do stay at the El Rancho check out the bar area. it was featured in the film "The Right Stuff". My dear friends mom was the first mermaid girl ever featured at the bar.

Could you tell me how much each transfer R/T is? I believe your way, staying in the SFO area and then taking the PCL shuttle may be much less expensive. I did this before from FLL to the Port of Miami and it was fantastic.

Have a great cruise and tia for the transfer prices.

We stayed here in April. It is a simple and clean motel. We didn't eat in the restaurant. The parking is the greatest attraction to this motel! The price of the room includes 14 nights parking. They charge $7 per night over the 14. As was previously mentioned, make sure you fill out the parking documents correctly. While our car was parked outside the whole time, it was there and without incidents when we returned.

The shuttle to SFO is great. We needed to be there at 4 am, and were picked up at our room at 3:20, right on time, and we were not the only ones on the shuttle.

I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!:)

Edited by Socal404