Approx taxi fare from Miami port to Miami airport

SandyR5

Hi - Deciding whether to book a flight out of MIA or FLL after our cruise ends in Miami. Can get to FLL by shuttle for $15 per person. Approximately what is the cost of a taxi from the port to MIA? Thanks. :o

WOW! Thanks for the information. I didn't realize the ride to FLL was so much longer. I thought it was about 20 minutes. Maybe I'll rethink our plans and just fly out of MIA after our cruise. We've been flying into/out of FLL for so many years, this is new. :o

distance to FLL fm POM is 25 miles .... mostly on I-95 .... most map programs will give a travel time around 30 minutes ... this does not include any delays getting out of POM or into FLL. Day of the week and time of the day can be a BIG factor on this drive which I do fairly often as dd lives works near the port and I drive down about once a month . . I AVOID morning and evening commute hours and even then on a weekday there CAN BE issues heading north on 95 ...

POM to MIA is 7 miles ... mostly on 395 ...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Is the fixed cost $25 just from the airport, or airport hotels as well? Staying at the Marriott Airport Hotel. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Airport to port - from an airport area hotel you will be on the meter, which usually works out to about $25-27 for us when we use a Blue Lagoon area hotel near MIA.

• 7 months later...

Will there be taxis sitting outside the cruise terminal waiting to take passengers to the airport and specifically to FLL? We do the self-disembarking and are usually off the ship and through customs very quickly. I would prefer not to schedule a service. Also, does anyone know about how much it will cost for a taxi from the port to FLL?

Thanks for any and all info.