Suggestions for buying last minute supplies between Seatac and Pier 91 in Seattle WA

cruzinbabes

We will be flying into SeaTac the same day our cruise ship departs from Pier 91 Normally we would fly in at least 1 day early, to experience the city and buy last minute items to take aboard (bottled water, soda, shampoo, etc) In this case, we don't want to fly on 9/11, so we're flying in the same day we board the ship We plan to use a car service from the airport to the pier Does anyone know if a car service will make a stop at a store for approx. 15 minutes? If so can you recommend a place either near SeaTac or Pier 91 where we can make our purchases?

Thank you in advance for you suggestions.:)

There's a Bartells drugstore on Hwy 99, about 4 miles south of the airport. Bartells carries snacks, pop, water, candy, even wine. It would be an easy stop whether your driver takes 99 or I-5 to the pier.

Or if you want to be closer to the pier, there's a Whole Foods about 1 mile away. Or a QFC grocery on Dravus St 3-4 miles from the pier.

Hi Mapleleaves,

Thanks for the advice. Do you know if the car services are willing to make stops, or is it just a straight shot from point a to point b? We haven't used a car service before, but we arrive during rush hour on a Friday morning, so we don't want a taxi meter running!

Hi Mapleleaves,

Thanks for the advice. Do you know if the car services are willing to make stops, or is it just a straight shot from point a to point b? We haven't used a car service before, but we arrive during rush hour on a Friday morning, so we don't want a taxi meter running!

I've never requested a stop, but people on this forum certainly have! Let the car service know about your request when you make your reservation. Then remind the driver as soon as you get in the car. It's not a major detour; just a mile or 2 off course.

Don't know if Costco is on the way, but in 2010 we flew to Seattle the day before. A1 Airport Limousine Services picked us up at the airport to take us to the hotel. We asked the driver if he could stop at a grocery store so we could buy sodas and waters and he said Costco would be better. He took us there and we waited while half our party was went in, then continued to the hotel when they were done. I thought it was very nice of him to do this and we tipped him well. We were very pleased with all the drivers (SeaTac to hotel, hotel to pier, pier to SeaTac).

I had used A1 Airport Limousine Services previously on a couple of business trips so that's why we used them on our vacation. I don't know if they are still in business.

Sunny - A1 Airport Limousine Services

airportlimoservices@gmail.com

206-399-1261 (Cell)

206-334-4433 (Bus)

Edited by dobiemom

If the driver can make a stop and he uses 509 down to the pier he can take you to the Safeway in Burien. It would be a short detour off the highway. Or there is a Safeway on Military Road not too far from the airport. I would just ask the driver as I am sure he would know a good place to stop depending on which way he plans on getting you to the pier.