Dessert question

DES07

We have never cruised Princess before only Carnival. So, tell me does Emerald Princess have the molten chocolate cake? Also, what is the best food to try on this ship?

I've never seen the molten chocolate cake on Princess, but do try the flourless chocolate cake if you're into chocolate cake... very good. :)

http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJQ.OqoIZo0A1kmOnqEWkwTki25mcQPj

Edited by RickEk

We have never cruised Princess before only Carnival. So, tell me does Emerald Princess have the molten chocolate cake? Also, what is the best food to try on this ship?

I love the fettuccini alfredo. Desserts - all of them - are very good.:D

Check out the new chocolate desserts and drinks on the Princess cruise web site....They look wonderful.....

It's not going to be available on the Emerald until the beginning of 2015... Only on the Regal until then.

OP, please remember that Princess is not Carnival and, as such, Princess has different menus, desserts, policies and procedures...

I've sailed on Carnival twice and going on my ninth Princess cruise... I find the food so much better than Carnival...

I tend to order the creme brulee for desert. I love that stuff!

If you want to try something a bit different order the Volcano. It's not on the adult's menu - it's from the kids menu. It's good but it is also larger than the regular adult deserts!

I tend to order the creme brulee for desert. I love that stuff!

If you want to try something a bit different order the Volcano. It's not on the adult's menu - it's from the kids menu. It's good but it is also larger than the regular adult deserts!

Forgot about the volcano. (How could I?) It is very good, just ask your wait staff for one. Big enough to share.:D

Hmm.. sounds so delicious my mouth is watering over here! :D

Does the Princess offer souffle's at all in their dessert menus? I'm a HUGE fan if it's not already obvious by my question :)

Yes, they have a number of them.

Souffles...a major reason I have to go on a diet after a Princess cruise.

The passion fruit one! I don't think there is a souflee every night, but they do turn up. The Carnival chocolate cake thing is actually a little better than the Princess version, IMO. However, you won't starve. If you see nothing on the menu you like, you can always order ice cream.

The volcano isn't a cake. It's an ice cream sundae. A few cruises back, we talked about the volcano, and convinced everyone at the table to order one. We told the waiter a few nights before since it is a child's menu item. He had them ready for us on the night requested them. Wonderful!!

Edited by redtogo

The "best food to try" depends on your food preferences, of course, something none of us knows. I'm partial to - off the top of my head - the escargot, goat cheese soufflé, Thai mussels, chicken korma, my husband loves the pork belly, and my friend insists the hot and sour soup is one of the best she's ever tasted. I really miss the cod with chorizo, no longer part of the menu... :(

I think Princess makes the best Osso Bucco I have ever had!! Also I cannot believe there has been all this food discussion and no one has mentioned the Love Boat ... but then I love Choc Mousse

Princess also does hard ice cream VERY well in the MDR. Different flavor choices every evening

Feel free to try the nightly special ice creams in a sundae. You do not have to stick with the regular choc or vanilla.

One thing I just discovered this year was the nectarine ice cream. It's served with the burnt rhubarb napoleon, which never sounded that great to me, but I decided to try it this year. The napoleon is okay, but the nectarine ice cream is one of the best things I've ever eaten on a Princess ship!