Explorer all inclusive question

Looking at booking on the Explorer of the Seas in June 2015 and see the all inclusive for drinks and tips now included in the price....limit however is $8 for a glass of wine....I seem to recall from my one and only previous cruise that this might be tight for a glass of wine...will there be choices available at these prices? Also do the bartenders know what 'package' you are on and therefore give you the right wine!? Thanks for any info. :)

Looking at booking on the Explorer of the Seas in June 2015 and see the all inclusive for drinks and tips now included in the price....limit however is $8 for a glass of wine....I seem to recall from my one and only previous cruise that this might be tight for a glass of wine...will there be choices available at these prices? Also do the bartenders know what 'package' you are on and therefore give you the right wine!? Thanks for any info. :)

There are a few choices at $8 or below.

The bartenders will know your package from swiping your SeaPass card. However, it's up to you to order the wine. If you order something more than $8, they will charge you the difference.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the information Bob, we were going to book anyway, the all inclusive is an added bonus 😃. Just wasn't sure how it all worked.

They will also let you upgrade to the Premium package once onboard. The cost would be an extra $15 per day, and would include cocktails and an increased wine limit of $12 per glass.

Thanks. Not sure we could justify the upgrade. Will probably just pay for what we get over and above if we fancy a cocktail or two!....we are travelling with two teenagers too and am sure they will find something to spend all our money on!!!

Looking at booking on the Explorer of the Seas in June 2015 and see the all inclusive for drinks and tips now included in the price

I haven't heard of or seen an all-inclusive price that includes a drink package (I have seen the pre-paid gratuities option when booking). When did this begin? I can't find it on any cruises I've checked including Explorer in 6/15. :confused: