DREAM Question - What's under deck ONE??

zaknzoey

So, I have a Deluxe OV room reserved on Dream and the cabin is on Deck 1. (is that below the water line?? LOL! :D )

I know from experience that the best cabins, as far as noise, are usually on decks sandwiched between two other passenger cabin decks.

So, what's under deck 1?? Should we be concerned about noise?:rolleyes:

So, I have a Deluxe OV room reserved on Dream and the cabin is on Deck 1. (is that below the water line?? LOL! :D )

I know from experience that the best cabins, as far as noise, are usually on decks sandwiched between two other passenger cabin decks.

The crew.

Edited by joeyancho

they call it I-95 the main passagway of the ship were all supplies are delivered into on home port where crew areas are etc. if you take the Behind The Fun tour on your ship you would get to see that and much more

There aren't many people who would know what's below your specific room. we had 1221 on Dream, and didn't hear anything from below us. We could hear the waves hitting the ship, as we were somewhat close to the front. Being close to the water does provide some nice views out the window.

The dungeon and the torture chambers. You may hear screams late at night from passengers being tortured for smuggling booze, chair hogging, removing tips, or smoking in non smoking areas! :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

HA! Love some of the replies, but seriously speaking, I've stayed on deck one aboard "Dream", and the first passenger deck of many other ships, and other than noise from the bow, (waves splashing against the hull, etc.,) have never had a noise problem on this deck. I'd suggest avoiding the very front of the ship, and I believe you'll have a very quiet, enjoyable stay. No Problem Mon.;)

"SKY"

The dungeon and the torture chambers. You may hear screams late at night from passengers being tortured for smuggling booze, chair hogging, removing tips, or smoking in non smoking areas! :eek:

or from a uniformed staff member who dared to order a drink at night at the piano bar or stood in line at the omelet station ahead of passengers.

Hmmm. Wonder where you thought the crew sleeps and where they store all that food and drinks? And where they do the laundry for all that beddings and towels, if not below the passenger decks.

Did you think the crew slept in the loungers around the pool at night. :p

I love being on Deck 1. Usually very quiet down there. And since I always take the stairs, I don't have much of a problem burning all those calories I consume!

So, I have a Deluxe OV room reserved on

Dream and the cabin is on Deck 1. (is that below the water line?? LOL! :D )

I know from experience that the best cabins, as far as noise, are usually

on decks sandwiched between two other passenger cabin decks.

Hi zaknzoey :)

Typically below deck 1 on a cruise ship there are 4 other decks.

These decks are usually labeled decks A, B, C and TT, or 01, 02, 03 and TT.

The TT deck is referred to as a (Tank Top Deck) because the deck consists

mainly of various types of tanks such as of water, ballast, fuel, contaminated

holding, and so on & so on..

Of course how the below decks are referred to varies from ship to ship and cruise line.

Regarding what is below deck 1; that particular deck is used for many functions

such as to disembark passengers when at a port, medical, the I-95 corridor that runs

the length of the ship, luggage storage, some crew cabins, crew food & recreational

area's, photo lab, laundry and so on.

The next two decks below consist of more crew cabins, electrical, storage, repair area's.

engineering & propulsion, etc, etc.. Then the TT deck that is certainly below the

water line.

Note: There is a lot of storage below.

Deck 1, you are far above the water line. However there is no way to

tell what is directly under your cabin concerning noise.

Sorry if I rambled... Have a terrific voyage!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

ANSWER: Deck 0

I stayed on the Dream as well. I never noticed that they had a deck below 1, but I did notice that there was no deck 13! It goes straight from 12 to 14.

Not meaning this to be insulting but didn't you go down one deck to get off the ship at the ports?

Edited by RWolver672

Not meaning this to be insulting but didn't you go down one deck to get off the ship at the ports?

maybe not. On the Magic last week, we got off on deck 1 in Honduras. But in Belize, where we had to tender, we had to go to deck 0

On the Magic last week, we got off on deck 1 in Honduras. But in Belize, where we had to tender, we had to go to deck 0

The gangway door for debarking at ports and the exit door for tendering ramps are the same and are on Deck 0. Deck 1 is all cabins.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Magic

The gangway door for debarking at ports and the exit door for tendering ramps are the same and are on Deck 0. Deck 1 is all cabins.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival%20Magic

im aware. we were all lined up in the hallways by the exit waiting for them to let us off. found it weird we had to stand by everyone's cabin doors so early in the morning, but thats where we were before we were then guided through the crew passages to get off

Yeah, now that I think about it, I did. There was also a huge doorway with plastic flaps going into the crew area on Deck 0. Looked like only the small disembarkation area of Deck 0 was public.