Emerald-crown grill or sabatinis

janecambridge

We like them both and eat at Crown Grill and Sabatinis more nights than the MDR. One dish I haven't seen mentioned for Crown Grill is the mussel pot. I think it's probably the best thing on their menu now. Regardless of what else you try you should try this IMHO. I loved the Black and Blue Onion soup but on our last cruise on the Emerald in June the second time we ate there I ordered it and it was horrible. Some people at the next table also had a problem with it. I don't know what happened that night, but it was quickly replaced with something else.

We like them both and eat at Crown Grill and Sabatinis more nights than the MDR. One dish I haven't seen mentioned for Crown Grill is the mussel pot. I think it's probably the best thing on their menu now. Regardless of what else you try you should try this IMHO. I loved the Black and Blue Onion soup but on our last cruise on the Emerald in June the second time we ate there I ordered it and it was horrible. Some people at the next table also had a problem with it. I don't know what happened that night, but it was quickly replaced with something else.

Yes the mussel pot! :D

Sabatinis turned out to be best.Not much to compare but the light and airiness of sabatinis outweighed the dark,dingey room of crown grill.

Plus we felt the staff were much more professional.

Thanks for reporting back.

Hope you enjoyed your time on Emerald and please let us know any little insider tips you picked up. We are sailing in October, still seems a long way off but I know it will here in a flash.

Sabatinis turned out to be best.Not much to compare but the light and airiness of sabatinis outweighed the dark,dingey room of crown grill.

Plus we felt the staff were much more professional.

Thanks so much for the good words about Sabatini's! Sounds great!

Thanks for reporting back.

Hope you enjoyed your time on Emerald and please let us know any little insider tips you picked up. We are sailing in October, still seems a long way off but I know it will here in a flash.

Hi

We had poor meals in Michalangelo.It has it's own kitchen.Different sous chef.The other two share a Kitchen and they have the same sous chef.Suggest you anytime dine or pre booked dining in Devincis or Botticelli.I can go into that more if you want me too anytime.

Use the pool at the front if you like a swim.Adult only and has a swim resister in it.

Best coffees and teas at international cafe.

I took a tray and used it to collect our breakfasts for the balcony.I know it looked strange but made the lift easier.

Adagio was by far our favourite bar. the bartenders( especially Ron) make the best cocktails and are very cheerful.It is a quiet bar which we needed with a full ship.

Not sure of your sleep times!! But Skywalkers is brilliant late at night.

If you have the drinks package,make sure you ask for cans of coke or tonic instead of the tap stuff. Much better.

Enjoy

One restaurant...garnish on all meals.other restaurant...none

One restaurant...hot plates with hot meals.other restaurant ..none

One restaurant...chef cooking fresh pasta three times a week who comes and discusses it before you order.other restaurant...not once.

One restaurant...steak knife with steak.other restaurant ...not.

One restaurant..cheeses as advertised with soaked apricots and garnish as described....other restaurant...2 cheeses they thought I would like.few apricots thrown on plate and no garnish.

One restaurant...biscuits for cheese on plate..other restaurant,basket of packet biscuits.

One restaurant..sit down when you book..other restaurant..half to one hour wait with a buzzer,

And on and on. We continued to ask about Michelangelos later on in the cruise.

I know they have recently made a few changes to the Sabatini's menu which includes the replacement of the Chef's pasta of the day with a choice of 3 permanent pasta recipes.

These look like entrees as opposed to a pasta course. Am I correct or can they be ordered as it's own course between the appetizer and the main course? I certainly wouldn't want to order the pasta and an entrée if the pasta was a large portion.

Thanks,

One restaurant...garnish on all meals.other restaurant...none

One restaurant...hot plates with hot meals.other restaurant ..none

One restaurant...chef cooking fresh pasta three times a week who comes and discusses it before you order.other restaurant...not once.

One restaurant...steak knife with steak.other restaurant ...not.

One restaurant..cheeses as advertised with soaked apricots and garnish as described....other restaurant...2 cheeses they thought I would like.few apricots thrown on plate and no garnish.

One restaurant...biscuits for cheese on plate..other restaurant,basket of packet biscuits.

One restaurant..sit down when you book..other restaurant..half to one hour wait with a buzzer,

And on and on. We continued to ask about Michelangelos later on in the cruise.

This was the difference between Michelangelos and Bottecelli.apologies if the subject changed slightly.