Wine gift to room?

hospvol

If a wine gift is ordered for someone, will the bottles be delivered to the room ?

The last time we did this we were told to pick up our wine from the dining room (we must have been given a certificate in our room, I can't remember for sure), it was a hassle because we had decided not to eat in the formal dining rooms that cruise. We asked several servers in the buffet to get our wine and they didn't know what we were talking about, we then asked one of their supervisors and he went out of his way to help us. It was not a smooth process for us, we found it a little frustrating.

A card will be delivered to the cabin on the date specified in the gift order. The recipient can call room service and ask that the bottle be delivered to the room (they must be in the room when it's delivered). They sign the card and trade it for the bottle and voila.

A card will be delivered to the cabin on the date specified in the gift order. The recipient can call room service and ask that the bottle be delivered to the room (they must be in the room when it's delivered). They sign the card and trade it for the bottle and voila.

What we were told when we called Room Service was that since that particular wine was not available through Room Service we had to get it from the Dining Room - Room Service was not helpful at all, maybe it depends which ship you are on and who is in charge at the time.

A gift card in the cabin, with the name of the selected wine. Trade for that wine or any other wine on the menu of the same or less value. Also can be used for wines of greater value, your folio will be charged the difference. Very simple process.

What we were told when we called Room Service was that since that particular wine was not available through Room Service we had to get it from the Dining Room - Room Service was not helpful at all, maybe it depends which ship you are on and who is in charge at the time.

No need to eat in MDR. Just go there with your voucher and collect the wine. Shouldn't be all that difficult to do. I agree it would be nice if the wine was just automagically delivered to the room but it seems only a small hassle to go to the dining room and collect the wine.

Of course some people have mobility issues which could make that method far from optimal. I'm sorry you had a hassle collecting your wine but it seems that someone went "above and beyond" to assist and that is good.

No need to eat in MDR. Just go there with your voucher and collect the wine. Shouldn't be all that difficult to do. I agree it would be nice if the wine was just automagically delivered to the room but it seems only a small hassle to go to the dining room and collect the wine.

Of course some people have mobility issues which could make that method far from optimal. I'm sorry you had a hassle collecting your wine but it seems that someone went "above and beyond" to assist and that is good.

I wasn't complaining, just giving our experience.