Guarantee OZ to Guarantee OV???

Justprettynpink

Would like all of your advice....

Save $30 person and stay in Guarantee OZ or move to a Guarantee OV

There are lots of OW cabins left but only a few OV and up (in oceanview)...

I would be happy in any cabin (hey I am happy to be cruising) BUT I would love to increase my chances for a nice upgrade....

We were in an OW back in June and loved it. It looks like the only benefit to the OV is that it is closer to the central stairs and elevators. Not much of a difference except about 100 feet more of walking to the center stairs, but 100 less to the aft stairs.

To me, it's not worth the extra cost as I found the aft stairs and elevator used much more by my family. Your results may vary.

Is this for your upcoming CB in Dec.? That cruise is sold as both a 4 day and a 9 day; which are you on? Cabin availability depends on booking levels on both cruises, not just your own itinerary. If on the four day I would say stick with your GTY and see what happens. If you do get upgraded, it likely will be closer to sailing and dependent on what happens on the much higher priced 9 day itinerary as well as demand on the 5day segment immediately after yours. If on the 9 day I would say pick what you will be happy with, there won't be much in the way of upgrades on a holiday sailing.

Would like all of your advice....

Save $30 person and stay in Guarantee OZ or move to a Guarantee OV

There are lots of OW cabins left but only a few OV and up (in oceanview)...

I would be happy in any cabin (hey I am happy to be cruising) BUT I would love to increase my chances for a nice upgrade....

First of all, never count on an upgrade and there's really nothing you can do to increase your chances for a "nice" (or any) upgrade. Even if you do get one, it may not be all that nice -- OZ is the bottom of the food chain and there are a lot of poorly-located cabins on the higher-up links. Not to mention the risk of ending up in a cabin with those pesky upper bunks.

Second, if you stay with a gty OZ, you have a very good chance of getting assigned a cabin right behind a huge tender, which means you'll see nothing but tender. I myself would never book a gty in an obstructed-view category OZ, OY, or OW. OV is safe since none of those cabins are behind tenders and lifeboats don't block the entire view. For $60, I'd go with the OV, get a view you can enjoy, and not base any decision-making vis-a-vis cabin choice on the possibility of an upgrade.

Is this for your upcoming CB in Dec.? That cruise is sold as both a 4 day and a 9 day; which are you on? Cabin availability depends on booking levels on both cruises, not just your own itinerary. If on the four day I would say stick with your GTY and see what happens. If you do get upgraded, it likely will be closer to sailing and dependent on what happens on the much higher priced 9 day itinerary as well as demand on the 5day segment immediately after yours. If on the 9 day I would say pick what you will be happy with, there won't be much in the way of upgrades on a holiday sailing.

We are just on the 4 day...decided to take the price drop with the OZ....with the first price drop we decided to go from IF to OZ...now with the 2nd price drop we did a re-fare. I was able to get the refare even though we had just done a nonrefundable, non changeable deposit.

Yay! :)