Packing - Cold at night?

jb456

Wondering if we should pack a light jacket / sweater for night time if were outside on the deck?

What other things should we bring?

Thanks.

Where and when are you cruising? If Alaska, for sure, dress in layers; if Caribbean, many women will need a sweater in the MDR, and it's often breezy on outside decks. Mediterranean, it depends on the season.

I always bring a light jacket, sweater or at least a hoodie.

I make my kids bring them too. It can get cold INSIDE the ship after you have been out in the sun or even in the shade on deck.

The dinning room often gets cold for me and the kids!

Thank you all - link is helpful to... sorry I guess I should have mentioned Caribbean cruise, I think I would not have posted a sweater question if I was going to Alaska :D

Thanks again!

It can be windy out on deck at night, and I see lots of people with light jackets or windbreakers on. In the MDR, Theater or other venues, I have heard people state that the inside venues are cold, and have on a sweater, shaw or wrap.

Wondering if we should pack a light jacket / sweater for night time if were outside on the deck?

Thanks.

I always bring a light jacket of some type for both myself and DS because while it's not necessarily cold outside on the deck at night, indoors it's fricking freezing.

Thank you all - link is helpful to... sorry I guess I should have mentioned Caribbean cruise, I think I would not have posted a sweater question if I was going to Alaska :D

Thanks again!

Here is a tip I don't think is in there.

Pack early, don't wait until the last minute, even if it means your guest room looks like a tornado went thru it.

Unpack and take a good look at what you are taking in each suit case.

I usually end up repacking about half!

Remember it is a cruise and nobody is going to notice if you wear a pair of pants 2x's.

I usually only pack 2 pairs of pants (for the MDR) for a 7 day. You may want to pack more if you plan on wearing them all day. I only wear them for a couple of hours at dinner, then I am back into something more cumfy!

Hope this helps!

I'm usually hot all the time, but I've seen many people wearing jackets or sweaters around the ship...the AC is always blasting on high! If you think you'll need a jacket, bring it!

And the answers for men will be different than the answers for women.......

It's definitely cool at night around the ship and it does get very breezy on the outside decks at night. I always bring a light sweater or zip up hoodie for evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

It depends on whether you are hot natured or cold natured and what season you are cruising to the Caribbean. Typical weather is upper 80s in the daytime and 70s at night except for winter months. It also depends on how far south you are cruising to in the winter time. Bahamas can be windy and cool in the winter months, but in the southern Caribbean it stays warm year round. To cut costs, Carnival has been keeping the A/C warmer than they used to. So I'd worry more about whether I need to take a fan for my cabin than a sweater. But I'm not cold natured. In the winter I usually pack one hoodie.

Sailed on Valor to southern Caribbean last month and got so chilled inside on the ship that I was shivering even in my light sweater. I ended up buying a large heavy sweatshirt in the gift shop to layer over my shirt and sweater. I was totally jealous of the women who could wear sleeveless tops and dresses and still be warm. And I wondered if there were people in the MDR complaining about my shabby attire. I told my husband I would probably read about myself later on Cruise Critic!