Recommended Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

Louand66

You can also catch the trolly right outside the Embassy Suites. They take a little break behind the hotel at the shopping center too.. and the Embassy Suites is starting to do some updates - last time we were there they just updated their breakfast area.

We're looking into hotels in Ft Lauderdale as well. Do any of the hotels near the pier offer the ability to park your car for the week while you're gone?

I'm also researching hotels in this area and the Courtyard Marriott near the airport does offer this. The airport shuttle and port shuttles are complimentary to anyone staying, but I saw a rate that included 7 days parking associated, too. The downside that I see, looking at the map, is that the hotel is very close to the airport.....so I'm wondering about noise. I try to stick to Marriott properties for the points, but I'm not so sure with this one!

We're looking into hotels in Ft Lauderdale as well. Do any of the hotels near the pier offer the ability to park your car for the week while you're gone?

The Hampton Inn Downtown/Las Olas offers this - it's called a Ship and Shore package. They have a shuttle to the ship but you'll need to grab a cab back to the hotel unless you just happen to run across their shuttle dropping people off at the port :)

Hyatt Place off 17th has a Stay & Park package. Park as close to the front door as possible so your car will be visable. It worked out great for us for a 2 week cruise.

However, if you can't find a package, Park n Go has great rates for parking near the port and are very courteous and reliable.

I'm also researching hotels in this area and the Courtyard Marriott near the airport does offer this. The airport shuttle and port shuttles are complimentary to anyone staying, but I saw a rate that included 7 days parking associated, too. The downside that I see, looking at the map, is that the hotel is very close to the airport.....so I'm wondering about noise. I try to stick to Marriott properties for the points, but I'm not so sure with this one!

We stayed there about three years ago and it was not noisy from the airplanes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a park and cruise hotel for our September 20th sailing.

I booked Fairfield Inn, but i'm now thinking of the Hampton Inn Las Olas. They do have the park and cruise package.

Does anyone know if it is nicer and safer than Fairfield? I've heard people say their cars were broken into at Fairfield Inn.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Definite hotels that I would stay at again; Hilton Marina, Gallery 1 DoubleTree Suites, Lago Mar, and Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (my favorite).

Definte hotels that I would not stay at again; Embassy Suites, and the Sheraton.

I take everything into consideration when staying at a hotel because I've learned cheapest isn't always the best. My top priorities are cleanliness of the entire hotel, the staff attitudes and professionalism, if the hotel has been kept up (bad furniture replaced, bad mattresses) etc. Is the outside and pool areas kept clean, good furniture, plenty of towels, etc. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in my time because I used to travel for my job. The first 4 hotels I mentioned, all of my criteria were met. I don't really care about breakfast as I can purchase that myself so that doesn't make or break any stay for me.

Happy planning! :D