Closest wifi points to the port?

Anyone know close wifi points to the ship in the following ports?

Cadiz

Lisbon

Barcelona

Valencia

Gibraltar

This is for a teenager who prefers staying on board with mates to seeing the delightful sights of these beautiful cities .... But needs wifi as though it were water.

Cadiz

Lisbon

Barcelona

Valencia

Gibraltar

This is for a teenager who prefers staying on board with mates to seeing the delightful sights of these beautiful cities .... But needs wifi as though it were water.

Crewmembers will know. Try asking you stateroom attendant, dining room waiter, etc.

Google the port name + wifi. Some ports in Europe actually have wifi right in the port terminal. Most cafes will offer their wifi password if you sit down and buy a soda. Often they will want to type it in for you, so you do not share it.

Or often if you are walking near the shops/cafes and see a gathering of folks sitting on the sidewalk and such, it means there is a wifi signal and often others will share the password.

But you mention your teen prefers to stay on board. If he stays onboard he will have to pay the cruiseship wifi prices. Only a few ships can pull a signal to a balcony room if facing the terminal/or town.

Cadiz

Lisbon

Barcelona

Valencia

Gibraltar

we too will be on this cruise and have been thinking about this but you can never go far with out there being a subway or mcdonalds and you can always get wifi in these places, i cant make my mind up about whether to get a internet package or not as they are very expensive and the reviews for them arent very good :confused:

we too will be on this cruise and have been thinking about this but you can never go far with out there being a subway or mcdonalds and you can always get wifi in these places, i cant make my mind up about whether to get a internet package or not as they are very expensive and the reviews for them arent very good :confused:

My Hubbie is now currently looking at the US deal where you can get wifi on board for 12-17 year olds for half the price - not sure whether this is valid from the UK or indeed whether he's looking at the right info, but I will call rcci tomorrow and come back and tell you on this thread.

Last year we did the whole 'find a cafe' scenario (we did the same cruise last year - you are in for a treat). i have to say, in some ports it spoilt our experience as all DD wanted to do in port was find wifi. We are currently of the opinion that to would be cheaper to buy her a wifi deal on board (depending on price) and then we wouldn't need to buy coffees and burgers and ice cream and transfers to service her needs. She could then choose whether she wanted to come with us for the cultural experience :rolleyes: or not.

Sounds awful but I suppose she loves the ship so much, she doesn't really want to come off.

Edited by Adayatatime

My Hubbie is now currently looking at the US deal where you can get wifi on board for 12-17 year olds for half the price - not sure whether this is valid from the UK or indeed whether he's looking at the right info, but I will call rcci tomorrow and come back and tell you on this thread.....

Interesting. I've not yet heard of any discount on ship WiFi for young people.

Interesting. I've not yet heard of any discount on ship WiFi for young people.

He might be completely wrong he just mentioned it in passing - if you haven't heard of it then it probably isn't happening. :D

It might even be a travel agent deal.

Edited by Adayatatime

My Hubbie is now currently looking at the US deal where you can get wifi on board for 12-17 year olds for half the price - not sure whether this is valid from the UK or indeed whether he's looking at the right info, but I will call rcci tomorrow and come back and tell you on this thread.

Last year we did the whole 'find a cafe' scenario (we did the same cruise last year - you are in for a treat). i have to say, in some ports it spoilt our experience as all DD wanted to do in port was find wifi. We are currently of the opinion that to would be cheaper to buy her a wifi deal on board (depending on price) and then we wouldn't need to buy coffees and burgers and ice cream and transfers to service her needs. She could then choose whether she wanted to come with us for the cultural experience :rolleyes: or not.

Sounds awful but I suppose she loves the ship so much, she doesn't really want to come off.

that would great if its true fingers crossed, but i know megan will wont to get of the ship as she dose not like to miss any opportunity to spend money but she dose have her phone glued to her hand:rolleyes: let me know if you find anything out, i am sure we will get a % off internet with being c and a we used it last time but then again we was only on the ship a week

I agree with asking crewmembers.

I can't remember which port it was, but once I saw crew members sitting outside on the promenade deck on the side of the ship facing the port, all lined up with their iPads, just sitting on the deck sending e-mails or whatever else they wanted to do with their few hours off. There must have been at least 20 of them out there.

Hi

We were on Adventure in July:

Cadiz- unknown

Lisbon - There is wifi in the cruise terminal -password was Lisboa2014 all lower case I think.

Barcelona- No wifi at cruise terminal but there is free wifi throughout Barcelona, look for blue signs, although we could not get on in Las Ramblas when we tried. We went to Restaurant/tapas bar at shopping centre at the Marina. Had fabulous Sangria and tapas whilst we used the wifi.

Valencia- We did not get off as a shuttle was required and we fancied a rest.

Gibraltar - You can walk to cafés from the ship and use wifi.

Some people reported that the hop on hop off buses have wifi.

Enjoy your cruise our teenagers are asking to go next year!

hi did your hubbie manage to find anything out about the internet for 12-17 year olds? i think its about $269 for the two weeks cant make my mind up if its just a bit expensive or not :confused:

Cadiz

Lisbon

Barcelona

Valencia

Gibraltar

I usally find free wifi spots right off the boat into the little town right off the piers.