If You Take The Upsell Offer...

curtdesilets

If You Take The Upsell Offer...

do you lose your OBC and Beverage Card ??

Before we upgraded we had a small OBC ($100) and two $50 beverage cards thrown in as a promotion.

I cannot find anywhere on my printed out signature pass that those still exist.

Any ideas how to confirm that they are still there?

Any ideas how to confirm that they are still there?

If you booked with a TA only s/he can check. If you booked direct with HAL, log onto My Account > My Reservations and go to "make a payment" even if you owe nothing. I believe you should keep the OBC and Bev cards.

It would be best if you had your TA call HAL and ask if you will lose the OBC and Beverage Cards if you accept the upsell.

It's too late for that now:

.... Before we upgraded we had ...

Edited by jtl513

We took an upsell on our Baltics cruise, and we did not forfeit anything. I think the problem comes if you want to take advantage of a price drop to move to a different category - not the same thing even if you are paying something to move, for instance SY to SC quarantee. Perhaps the difference is whether HAL is offering an upsell rather than a price drop.

I told our TA that I would take the upsell only if the perks remained in place, and he confirmed that. There was nothing on our paperwork, but everything was in place when we boarded.

Edited by Babr
forgot something

We took an upsell on our Baltics cruise, and we did not forfeit anything. I think the problem comes if you want to take advantage of a price drop to move to a different category - not the same thing even if you are paying something to move, for instance SY to SC quarantee. Perhaps the difference is whether HAL is offering an upsell rather than a price drop.

I told our TA that I would take the upsell only if the perks remained in place, and he confirmed that. There was nothing on our paperwork, but everything was in place when we boarded.

I think you have it correctly - if HAL offers you an upsell, everything stays in place. If you request a upsell (or repricing to be more accurate), then you need to be sure you understand what happens to your other "perks".

DaveOKC

I think the problem comes if you want to take advantage of a price drop to move to a different category - not the same thing even if you are paying something to move, for instance SY to SC quarantee. Perhaps the difference is whether HAL is offering an upsell rather than a price drop.

I think you have it correctly - if HAL offers you an upsell, everything stays in place. If you request a upsell (or repricing to be more accurate), then you need to be sure you understand what happens to your other "perks".

Refer to post # 2 :-)

Edited by taxmantoo

Refer to post # 2 :-)

Of course, to be 100% certain I would check with your TA or HAL rep. Too much at stake to risk it. When HAL or TA calls and offers you an upsell, you can always ask them at that time.

DaveOKC