Lido inside vs Cove balcony

TexasCruiser52

I've never been in a balcony before, but if I could afford a balcony cabin, I would never get an inside.

Cove balconies are very popular amongst a lot of people since they are very close to the water and are just below the hanging lifeboats. They have more privacy than the other decks.

I would say, if you can afford it, go for it.

Edited by hirent

We are on the Dream out of New Orleans this month. I wanted to try a Cove Balcony, the wife say she is afraid of being close to the water . Now we are on the Vista Deck. I think the Cove sounds nice. Next cruise we will try the Cove Balcony.:)

We are on the Dream out of New Orleans this month. I wanted to try a Cove Balcony, the wife say she is afraid of being close to the water . Now we are on the Vista Deck. I think the Cove sounds nice. Next cruise we will try the Cove Balcony.:)

Afraid? Of what?

As for another post regarding price. I'd guess balconies will become very reasonable after October 9;)

Not so sure about that as lots of people have either quit or never taken up the habit. Also not many places for smokers to cruise if they insist on smoking on their balcony.

Besides if Carnival sees a major decline in bookings from this they will reverse themselves.

Not so sure about that as lots of people have either quit or never taken up the habit. Also not many places for smokers to cruise if they insist on smoking on their balcony.

Besides if Carnival sees a major decline in bookings from this they will reverse themselves.

Not many places to cruise?

I don't think there will be a reversal. Just less bookings for balconies after the cut off date. My friend and I also avoid ships with 2.0 after our experience on Liberty. We normally spend a great deal of time in the Lido smoking areas to socialize and be under cover.

Not many places to cruise?

I don't think there will be a reversal. Just less bookings for balconies after the cut off date. My friend and I also avoid ships with 2.0 after our experience on Liberty. We normally spend a great deal of time in the Lido smoking areas to socialize and be under cover.

Not many cruise lines are still allowing smoking on balconies.

We had a cove balcony on the Magic and have booked again for next summer with a cove balcony. I like how close to the water is (and my kids do too, especially when we are in ports where the water is really clear and they can look down and see fish and other marine life), and because it is personal. Because it is covered by the life boats and kind of enclosed, you really do not here anyone else. So I would definitely recommend it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app