Alaska Cruise Tour

I will be joining an Alaskan cruise tour later this month. Instead of arriving in Anchorage on the day 1 of the land tour, I will be arriving one day early. This means I will miss out on the complimentary pick up from the airport. I was asked to meet the tour director at the hotel on day 1 of the tour, but I was not advised what time this would be. Calling RCI was to no avail as the operator did not know either.

Does anyone know what the time the tour director is normally at the hotel on day 1?

We also arrived a day early & the tour director was already at the hotel. You can find a ton if information related to the Alaska cruise tour by clicking on the link in my signature. If you prefer to read straight thru without all the comments you can click on the link to my blog & search for Alaska.

You will have a wonderful cruise tour!

Agree with the others that posted as we found ourselves with the same questions. Asked at the front desk upon check-in and they told us the time she would be in the lobby so a bit easier to plan our day out.

We were gone all morning and stopped back late afternoon to change clothes, put our feet up for a bit and head to dinner. She was there late afternoon until at least 6.

Have a ball on your trip!

We also arrived a day early in ANC and had booked into the same hotel as "CruiseTour HQ" using points (Marriott downtown); a couple of weeks before I had called them and said we'd be part of a group booking by Celebrity so please try to combine the bookings so we'd not have to move rooms. Turned out great, same room both nights and also moved up to Concierge level - and treated to a rare (summer) view of Mt McKinley at breakfast time from their lounge :) :) :)

Tour director was there after lunch to check in and give us the scoop, prior to that there was not much info to be had about the land portion.

Have a great trip, hope weather cooperates.

P.S. We'd been told by Celebrity there was no pick up available because were arriving one day early but in fact when we got there there was a Celebrity/RCL welcome wagon in "Arrivals", our names were on "the list" so we in fact got a free coach ride to the hotel, nice way to start the trip.

Edited by pspercy