Breeze, St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk Question

We are booked on the breeze for these ports and have no idea what we should do in St Maarten, St Kitts and San Juan. We have been to Grand Turk before and know exactly what we want to do there. We are limited on prices for excursions so...can anyone give me some ideas. I would like to shop a bit in each port as well. We are 37(me), 39(DH), 14(DS), 14(DS). Yes twins! Thanks!

In San Juan you can do an island tour which usually includes stopping at all the island highlights in Old San Juan, a beach, other picturesque views for photo opportunities, and ending up at the Forts. After exploring the Fort(s) you can then walk back down to the ship, exploring the area on your own. We have done this type of tour twice in San Juan. After the Forts we stop to one of the local restaurants and grab something to eat, along with exploring/shopping on the streets as we walk back down to the ship. I think the tour once off the ship is less than $20.00pp.

Edited by sjcruiser

We are booked on the breeze for these ports and have no idea what we should do in St Maarten, St Kitts and San Juan. We have been to Grand Turk before and know exactly what we want to do there. We are limited on prices for excursions so...can anyone give me some ideas. I would like to shop a bit in each port as well. We are 37(me), 39(DH), 14(DS), 14(DS). Yes twins! Thanks!

St Kitts has a few nice beaches, but little shopping. There's Friar's, Cockleshell and the Marriott, where you can get a day pass. Nice views up on the hill with the Atlantic on one side and the Caribbean on the other. There's Also a train ride.

In Old San Juan, you can walk to the outlet shops, there's decent shopping there. Continue on to the fortress of El Morro.

This Dad of 39 yr old twins says to enjoy your cruise!

In Puerto Rico, you can jump on the free trolley, with stops right in front of each of the forts. Entry into the forts is ~$5 each. They are awesome to check out, with spectacular views. You can walk. But it's a pretty good distance between forts, especially if it's hot and muggy.

In St. Kitts, I highly recommend looking up Thenford Grey. He is an extremely polite and professional man who will take you/your group on a very comfortable, personalized tour of many of the highlights of St. Kitts. We paid $48 each for that, but there may be other tour options (I don't recall). St. Kitts turned out to be one of my favorite ports!

For St. Maarten - you don't want to miss Maho beach. We took a cab and spent the better part of the day watching the planes fly overhead. Your kids will love it! Heck, we loved it!! Cab ride was maybe $12-$15 each way. (Not per person, but per total ride). Super cheap day and can't wait to go back!

We are on this same cruise for August 16th. We have been to all ports more then once except St.Kitts it will be our first time.

St. Marteen do not miss Maho beach!!! Great water, good food, and cheap drinks. The cab there was only about 20 dollars for one way for my family of 4.

San Juan you can easily walk around there and explore right out of port. One of the Forts is walking distance or there is a free trolley too.

Grand Turk for us anyways Jack Shack is the place.

St. Kitts we are going to Shipwreck Bar and grill heard good things about it.

In St Maarten, there's tons of shopping in Phillipsburg where your ship will dock. If any of you are Star Wars fans, there's a great little museum among the shops; be sure to talk to the gentleman who runs it who worked on Yoda.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147347-d2299951-Reviews-Yoda_Guy_Movie_Exhibit-Philipsburg_Sint_Maarten_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

Then, you can take a short cab ride (@$10) to Little Bay just around the bend from Phillipsburg (and not polluted like the beach in front of the Phillipsburg shopping area). Little Bay has chairs and umbrellas you can rent--or just throw a towel on the beach.

In San Juan, hop on the free trolley and visit one or both of the forts, then walk around Old San Juan. Try lunch at Raices (google it), a fun place with good food.