Carnival Dream Airconditioning?

EL Capitan Z

We were on the Dream in April in cabin 6358 and our room was quite warm. Maintenance came twice to check it....finally after the second time he took the vent out of the ceiling. It made it a little better but not by much....so from now on we take a fan

After paying that much and you have to sleep with a fan is not good. I will be in 8315 on 1/4/15 and I hope it is cold.

I will also call my agent and talk to her and give her all the links that I have read about this problem.

No one should be or have to ask about this problem over and over and no one does anything about it.

as i have posted some where else here on these boards , one of there service men showed me how to remove the vent and take the baffle out so the air will have a full flow, you get all the cold thats there but thats not much.

get you a plastic/paper thermometer to set in your room and when you contact guess services tell them what the temp is in your room. don't be surprised if its around 79 to 82.

Just got off the Dream on Sunday and my cabin was very cool the entire cruise. I had to turn it down a few times. You know its cold when your glasses fog up every time you go onto your balcony

Thanks Atl2las for the updated info

Sorry but when I saw your question about the air, I had to share the following incident:

My husband and I have taken our crew (blended family of 9 kids) on a couple of cruises through the years. When my oldest was 20 he called and said he wanted to take a cruise with friends but he had a quick question. He proceeded to ask if we had purchased the cabins with or without the air conditioning! I instantly burst out laughing when I realized he was looking at cruises with airfare not air conditioning!

We were on the July 27th sailing in 3 aft ext balconies on Vista deck 9 and I can tell you that the first day was misery and while it eventually cooled down, it never got cold. The odd thing is this...you could walk forward in the hallways and as soon as you passed the aft elevator banks, the hallways were freezing. I'm unsure as to other decks, but ours was hot every day in the aft part of the ship and starboard was much hotter than port side. You could literally feel a difference in air temp between the room next to us and our and this was out in the hallway. Our dd was in the port side room (9478) and she said it did get cold on the last night finally. Ours (9479) never did unfortunately and my mother was in between us in 9481 and she said it wasn't uncomfortable for her, but she is cold natured. I believe if I had a fan I would have been much better as the room always felt stuffy to me.

A trick or two to keep your room cool 1 keep the bathroom door closed at all time roll a towel and cover the crack at the bottom of the door and third stuff a wash cloth in the round vent in the ceiling cause it is sucking the air out of the cabin just my 2cents hope this helps

A trick or two to keep your room cool 1 keep the bathroom door closed at all time roll a towel and cover the crack at the bottom of the door and third stuff a wash cloth in the round vent in the ceiling cause it is sucking the air out of the cabin just my 2cents hope this helps

Thanks, Ill try that :) But I think Carnival should repair this issue. There are enough complaints that should evoke curiosity from a high level customer service manager to take action. Even though Carnival cruises are extremely affordable, it does not give them the right to keep paying customers miserable in their cabins :mad:

I am praying, I get a cool room.

THX

Before I can't text or write!! We are on our dream boat. Beautiful boat. Am excited. However. If u have rooms in the aft, on vista, be proactive now. Our room is extremely hot. We boarded at 1230 and it is 330 now. Mx came tried to fix. But so far no fix. The only choice is to change rooms one we sail away. If there are any left.

The carnival people promised me the room would cool once we sail away but I doubt that. The rooms ahead of the aft elevators are cool. The rooms aft of the aft elevators are warm to hot. I checked at 1230. Sorry for this but I wanted you to prepare.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I can't text or write!! We are on our dream boat. Beautiful boat. Am excited. However. If u have rooms in the aft, on vista, be proactive now. Our room is extremely hot. We boarded at 1230 and it is 330 now. Mx came tried to fix. But so far no fix. The only choice is to change rooms one we sail away. If there are any left.

The carnival people promised me the room would cool once we sail away but I doubt that. The rooms ahead of the aft elevators are cool. The rooms aft of the aft elevators are warm to hot. I checked at 1230. Sorry for this but I wanted you to prepare.

Thx

Not the news I wanted to hear. We were on the Breeze a month ago and our cabin was hot, however when we did set sail it did cool off. Thanks for the report.

Ok folks. 1550. 350pm. Still at docks. Air is starting to come out. Thank The Lord. Excited as heck!! Be proactive. Guest services didn't help. The senior housekeeping supe got everything rolling. If your cabin is warm, start the process early.

Ok folks. 1550. 350pm. Still at docks. Air is starting to come out. Thank The Lord. Excited as heck!! Be proactive. Guest services didn't help. The senior housekeeping supe got everything rolling. If your cabin is warm, start the process early.

Nice! Have a great trip.

Edited by Kcarp

Hi guys. Cruising now!!! Avoid rooms Aft of 9447. Warm and uncomfortable. Guest services is in different. No one cares. I thought room would cool down. But still warm. Don't ruin your vacation, if u have a room aft of 9447, change or bring fan. Disappointed but won't let it ruin my vacation. Not complaining, just informing folks. Shame on Carnival for not rectifying this issue.

Status update. My row of balcony rooms aft of 9447. Everybody is sweating. Our room didn't cool down much. h E capital hockey sticks. Not fair. Looking so forward to a great time. Guest services does not answer and there is a huge line. Shame on Carnival. Con artistry at its best. Never had an issue like this. Read cruise critic and saw the complaints. Thought people were overly sensitive but I was wrong. Literally, after 15 min in room, we are sweating. Called 15 times for fan. Nothing.

Aft of 9447. Very warm. You have been warmed. Vacation ruined. So disappointed.

Status update. My row of balcony rooms aft of 9447. Everybody is sweating. Our room didn't cool down much. h E capital hockey sticks. Not fair. Looking so forward to a great time. Guest services does not answer and there is a huge line. Shame on Carnival. Con artistry at its best. Never had an issue like this. Read cruise critic and saw the complaints. Thought people were overly sensitive but I was wrong. Literally, after 15 min in room, we are sweating. Called 15 times for fan. Nothing.

Aft of 9447. Very warm. You have been warmed. Vacation ruined. So disappointed.

No rooms left on the ship? I've been on 10 cruises and haven't had one complaint but would have to complain if my room was HOT to the point I was sweating and couldn't sleep.

I just got off the Dream... back home now. I was 2440 aft and family was 2388 cove balcony.

I complained... it was not hot but it could never get cool. I had the tech come out and they would leave the card that says "we were here and it meets carnival's specifications"

holy crap... i would go and get dressed in the other cabin which was cooler 2388 but not by much. My son and I could not sleep with our sheets on, never happened before with carnival but i just hated how it did not get cool.

Let me say this, i could walk down the hall from 2388 and right at the junction where the stairs and elevators are... the hall became humid and hotter... i am telling you, i asked others in their rooms and they noticed too and had also complained... yes there is definitely a cooling issue aft.

It is a crap pie, but there is much more to enjoy... don't let it define the vacation.

Edited by mrBit

We will be in an aft balcony in a month. Have to say that me and DW sweating in the cabin WILL define the trip. As posted above, crap pie comes along in life, and most times we just keep going. I don't think I want to pay for crap pie though.

I live here in New Orleans, I deal with the heat all the time, but NOT in my house or a hotel room.