Carnival Dream Airconditioning?

EL Capitan Z

My problem is I'm comfortable day and night until I go to bed, the sheet is not enough and that comforter is to much. I usually close the air off at night, so all I need is the sheet.

I will be cruising on the Dream in three cabins AFT on Vista. I do not want to be HOT nor does my family! We are on vacation so come on CARNIVAL fix this problem. We shouldn't have to bring this to your attention after numerous complaints on numerous sailings.

Please fix this problem pronto???

Thanks,

pittypat

My wife and I are going on our second cruise on January 4th on the Dream, after reading all this about the AC I was wondering if anyone knows if the rooms are cool in the midship part, our room is 2335. I know when we stayed in the midship part of the Elation our room was extremely cool.

So it looks like they will just say it meets carnival's specifications but I have look for carnival's specifications and can't find them. I think they are just making that up but I will have something to check the temp. in my room when I go in 1/4/15.

I also will send it to carnival.

OP, if you have the time, go on your deck and walk midship to aft and that last set of stairs, let me know if you experience the same thing. If not go to deck 2, walk from 2388 to 2440, let me know if you feel that layer of humidity and feel the temp go up just about past the stairs.

Many of us on that deck complained.

Back on New Orleans. I must say my last post before no coverage was very dire. However, after a couple more maintenance visits, the room started to become bearable. This happened about the time we were entering the gulf. The room stayed at a constant 74-76 degrees which was good for us. With that it mind, I do think the Dream might have issues but the vacation was salvaged and like always we made the best and had a blast!!! Be proactive and make maintenance come to you early. Guest services told us the room would cool by 1330 on embarkation day. Lol. A scattering of guests were effected on other levels too. Have a great trip!! Beautiful Boat. Excellent food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Dream yesterday. We had a balcony on Lido deck, it was hot in the room. We called and they sent someone right away. Maintenance guy said it was working fine and the temperature was set to 73 degrees and could not be changed but he opened up the vents all the way. It was still hot, we had trouble sleeping. Friend's cabin just a few doors away was ice cold. Called back and they sent someone else who climbed up and said he opened up the vents all the way, some were closed? He also took the cover off to allow more air flow. It was better but never cold. You had to lay under the opening to actually feel cool air.

We had 27 in our group. About half complained the rooms were too warm and the other half said nice and cold.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'll weigh in here is as well. I was in 9474 last week. The first 2.5 days the room was unbearably hot. Sweating while laying in bed. I personally went to guest services 3 times. Each time a technician came to the cabin while we were not in the room and left a table tent that said everything is within carnival specs. Day 3 my roommate caught the tech in the room he was putting the temperature probe in the cold air output to get a temp read. It read 73. My roommate made him stand in the middle of the room with the probe. Surprise, surprise is was 78.6. He promised he would make it better. That night after dinner, the temp in the cabin was bearable and remained bearable until the last sea day. At that point we had given up. We were determined to not let it ruin our vacation.

I'll say this, one of my favorite things about sea days is taking an afternoon nap. Because of the temp in the cabin it was too uncomfortable to do so.

I did talk to our cabin steward about the situation. I asked him to be honest. He was very worried about his job to speak honestly about it, but he confirmed that there was a problem in his section for at least the last 6 cruises. We dealt with it for a week, imagine having to clean toilets and showers in these conditions for 6 weeks and it's still not fixed?

I'll be calling customer care to file a complaint. It didn't ruin my cruise, but it definitely was a detriment.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

I'll weigh in here is as well. I was in 9474 last week. The first 2.5 days the room was unbearably hot. Sweating while laying in bed. I personally went to guest services 3 times. Each time a technician came to the cabin while we were not in the room and left a table tent that said everything is within carnival specs. Day 3 my roommate caught the tech in the room he was putting the temperature probe in the cold air output to get a temp read. It read 73. My roommate made him stand in the middle of the room with the probe. Surprise, surprise is was 78.6. He promised he would make it better. That night after dinner, the temp in the cabin was bearable and remained bearable until the last sea day. At that point we had given up. We were determined to not let it ruin our vacation.

I'll say this, one of my favorite things about sea days is taking an afternoon nap. Because of the temp in the cabin it was too uncomfortable to do so.

I did talk to our cabin steward about the situation. I asked him to be honest. He was very worried about his job to speak honestly about it, but he confirmed that there was a problem in his section for at least the last 6 cruises. We dealt with it for a week, imagine having to clean toilets and showers in these conditions for 6 weeks and it's still not fixed?

I'll be calling customer care to file a complaint. It didn't ruin my cruise, but it definitely was a detriment.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

IMG_3315.jpg

Here's a good way to present your case. Air temp will always be much cooler at vent. Time and temp at bed level on night stand.

with all the people who leave their balcony doors open so they can hear the wave and the ship can never get it too cool. i have read so many post about leaving doors open at night with ac running.

This is undoubtedly part of the problem. But hey it's all about them right? They paid their cruise fare screw the other 3500 passengers on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we had ac trouble to.

had same thing happen to us as Ben

well i just filled out the survey they sent me.

i just let lose on them about the ac problems.

the thing that made me so mad was them thinking you was stupid. ya temp at vent is cool. but if blower not working it only place cool. so just stand under vent in cabin.

no it didn't make me have terrible cruise. but as Ben said when you want to enjoy a afternoon nap after being out in port. it is bad when hall is cooler then your room.

i just don't understand why the don't get it fixed. with so many complaints.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

I for the first time experienced an issue with my cabin on the Conquest not cooling down the room properly. When I book a vacation the word SPECIFICATION does not even enter my mind, but now it does, which by the way means a precise requirement or guidelines and parameters. When I book a hotel room I'm not thinking about air conditioning at all, or the word " SPECIFICATION" but now when booking a cruise in future ALL I'll be thinking about is will I be getting a cabin with A/C and the word Specifications!!!

HEY CARNIVAL ADMINISTRATION - Turn off the A/C in your office Building for the rest of the year to save money - when I'm paying for a family vacation, I should be able to breathe and sleep with ease, and not worry about the AIR. PERIOD. And I should not have to call Maintenance at all with any major issues, such as AIR CONDITIONING, now that you know you have a MAJOR ISSUE to FIX, just FIX IT. Thank you for your attention to a specification about my future vacations!:)

hope to hear from some that get off dream today.

i am not booking the dream from Feb. because i am worried it will be same thing in cabin. maybe drive to Galveston. really hard to drive 6 hours to do same itinerary but better then no AC

hope to hear from some that get off dream today.

i am not booking the dream from Feb. because i am worried it will be same thing in cabin. maybe drive to Galveston. really hard to drive 6 hours to do same itinerary but better then no AC

I just got of the Dream today and my room was fine (room 11205 all the way forward). There were a few areas that were warm, but over all it was fine. I'm also very picky and tend to run hot.

I got off the Dream Sunday. We had 2275 cove balcony and first thing we had to do was call for a fan because it was too warm. I was hoping for a nice quiet room but the noisy fan was almost as aggravating as the heat.

Most places we went in the ship were quiet comfortable but we heard others complaining about hot rooms also.

It is the luck of the draw because some are hot, some are cold in just about all areas.

We just got off Dream on Sunday 09-07-14. We were midship on deck 8. Our room was cold during the day, but unbearable at night. We made sure to keep balcony door & curtains closed so room wouldn't heat up from that. We would wake up in the middle of the night because it was so hot. We didn't even want the sheets on us.

We complained to guest services & they didn't seem to care. They came & checked temp during the day when it was cold, then proceeded to tell us it was fine. I told them I agreed it was fine during day. I requested a fan & was told one was being sent up. It never came & then I was told sorry we don't have any.

We didn't let it ruin our cruise, however we didn't sleep well the entire cruise.

I was on the Dream from August 31 - Sept 7, and room 6321 was fine for the most part. It did get warm during the day when the sun was facing our balcony. Closing the curtains did fix that problem.

And a fan helped when the curtains were open. Even the sheer curtain cooled the room a little. We did try our best to keep the door shut, though a few times at night it felt okay if the door was open for a few minutes.

You know, I was looking at our "DREAM" pictures yesterday. The Dream is a beautiful boat. Food was good to better than good. I loved the open-ness of the boat. The ability to sit outside and enjoy the "rays". Overall,, FUN atmosphere and jovial employees.

Then, I thought to myself, how can a relatively new boat have so many issues on cabin environmental (heating and cooling)?. I realize some rooms were perfect, but some rooms were just not getting air.

Then it dawned on me and maybe this is related. Someone with Heating/Cooling knowledge, please share. I remember seeing a BIG container (12'x20'-or bigger like shipping container) near the WHALE TAIL. THe words "CAT RENTAL POWER" were on it. CAT meaning the Big Industrial Company. This must have been a supplemental Generator, I am assuming. Is it coincidence, that the position of it would (Aft, near FLUKE) dictate an issue with heating/cooling for the AFT cabins below?

I dont know? But I sure would love to revisit the DREAM knowing that we wouldnt have to gamble on whether we get a decent room or not.

Regardless, it was a good vacation.