Carnival Dream Airconditioning?

EL Capitan Z

I'm just off today. Had cabins 10221 & 10225 on lido. Both were okay. They were definitely the warmest cabins I've ever had. We kept the ac pegged to the coolest setting the entire time and it kept the cabin cool enough for us. On all other ships I've been able to move the thermostat because I've actually gotten cold.

I made sure to keep curtains closed and the lights off whenever possible to not heat up the cabin. Most importantly though it was cooler at night and we were completely comfortable to sleep.

So definitely not the coolest room I've ever had but we were never uncomfortable. These cabins are forward cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we first started cruising the rooms were cool, sometimes cold, but over the years the temps have risen to an unacceptable level to us. After multiple complaints both on the ship and after we returned we were repeatedly told 76° is standard. I would have been thrilled with 76°! We no longer cruise with Carnival for this reason. I keep hoping to see something on these boards that would convince me to try again, but it doesn't look good.

I totally agree with you. It will be my last cruise with Carnival if they don't get this problem fixed. I expect my cabin to be comfortable. If I were staying at a hotel and my room didn't have air conditioning and they couldn't offer a solution, I'd be finding a different hotel!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I got off the Dream on 9-7. We were in 2408. The temp was a low of 72.8 and a high of 74.4. We kept the curtains shut if the sun was shining in and the room was comfortable for us.

Cabin 2408 is on the cusp of midship and aft. I think it is just the AFT cabins that are being affected mostly. I wish I could change my cabin location but we have connecting balcony cabins (aft ) and there are no other available connecting balcony cabins. Just dread my husband having that "talk" with the pursers desk if our rooms are hot. Won't be pretty.......

Carnival........please fix this problem! We pay too much money to be miserable in our cabins!

Cabin 2408 is on the cusp of midship and aft. I think it is just the AFT cabins that are being affected mostly. I wish I could change my cabin location but we have connecting balcony cabins (aft ) and there are no other available connecting balcony cabins. Just dread my husband having that "talk" with the pursers desk if our rooms are hot. Won't be pretty.......

Carnival........please fix this problem! We pay too much money to be miserable in our cabins!

I have talked with my TA and wrote a complaint to Carnival. I still have not heard anything back. I do not want any compensation or apology. I just want them to fix the warm rooms. We had a good time on our DREAM cruise (minus the warm room). But I think it is ridiculous that Carnival allows this to continue.

The more I think about it, the more it is obvious, that Carnival knows that some rooms are warm. Maybe the warm cabins are reserved for the guests who received a great deal. :D ANd maybe the rooms are warm because Carnival wants to save some $$$ by reducing power usage:confused:

Regardless, the Dream was fun. The room we got was sticky warm.

Edited by EL Capitan Z

Going on a cruise on carnival dream on 9/21/2014 - what can i do to prevent this problem?

I'll be calling customer service tomorrow and complaining about this problem beforehand. Maybe they already have a list of the rooms that are problems and can make sure i get in one that is comfortable at night. My fiancee and I cannot stand heat at night.

Going on a cruise on carnival dream on 9/21/2014 - what can i do to prevent this problem?

I'll be calling customer service tomorrow and complaining about this problem beforehand. Maybe they already have a list of the rooms that are problems and can make sure i get in one that is comfortable at night. My fiancee and I cannot stand heat at night.

Please report back to us when you return. Do you have an aft cabin? I hope you have a relaxing cruise!

We were on the sept 7-14 sailing cove balcony 2279. I don't know the temp of the room but at times it was cold on our room. We propped the balcony door open at night and still stayed cool and comfortable. ImageUploadedByForums1410891091.131637.jpg.0b8baf20edd7005b629b742acebe06f6.jpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had this issue on multiple cruises and no longer cruise with Carnival because of it. I keep a watch on this board hoping to see the problem has been solved, but it seem to be getting worse. Before our last cruise I emailed Gerald Cahill (gcahill@carnival.com) and one of his assistants called me. She assured me they would try and correct the problem. Long story short, when we boarded, the hotel director was in our cabin checking the temp, saw it was warm, and said she would have it adjusted and to let her know if it became too warm. Shortly after that, the temp did go down, to the point I was actually cool at night. There was also a fruit basket and champagne waiting with a note from his assistant. The hotel director would pop in once a day and monitor the temp.

While all this was nice and I appreciated the effort, I shouldn't have to call and raise he** to be comfortable. When I pay a lot of money for a nice vacation I expect to be able to set the temp to my standards, not Carnivals. I miss my cruises and would love to come back!

I suggest all the people who have experienced hot cabins email Carnivals upper management. Nothing will be done as long as the complaints are not heard, or are only voiced on the ships to guest services.

I called and got them to make note that I want the room to be checked before we even get on board. I also noted that i will be bringing thermometers and record the temperature throughout the trip and would expect compensation if its not to specifications.

I told her about the forums and said that there were lots of complaints about this issue and she said something along the lines of "you cant trust those forums"

Well the phone call is recorded and I will post about my experience when i get back.

• 3 weeks later...
I have talked with my TA and wrote a complaint to Carnival. I still have not heard anything back. I do not want any compensation or apology. I just want them to fix the warm rooms. We had a good time on our DREAM cruise (minus the warm room). But I think it is ridiculous that Carnival allows this to continue.

The more I think about it, the more it is obvious, that Carnival knows that some rooms are warm. Maybe the warm cabins are reserved for the guests who received a great deal. :D ANd maybe the rooms are warm because Carnival wants to save some $$$ by reducing power usage:confused:

Regardless, the Dream was fun. The room we got was sticky warm.

Hey man, it may be worth it for you to call in to customer care. My room mate called and explained our frustrations with the AC. We were extended a 15% discount on a future cruise and a partial refund for the Dream cruise.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

We were on the sept 7-14 sailing cove balcony 2279. I don't know the temp of the room but at times it was cold on our room. We propped the balcony door open at night and still stayed cool and comfortable. [ATTACH]325342[/ATTACH].

Cabin 2279 is a forward cabin. The problem seems to be only in the midship to aft cabins.

Just disembarked the Dream two days ago and #7312 stayed cold. We had to regularly turn it up a bit as it was too cold at times.

Cabin 7312 is a midship to forward cabin. The problem is affecting the midship to AFT cabins.

I will be on the Dream in Jan. I have a C-pac and can't breathe in a hot room.Can you use the Carnival guarantee to get off at first stop if the ac doesn't work?

I am planning on doing so if our cabin is hot. My daughter has a neurological condition and temperatures over 70 degrees make her physically ill (her hands and legs go numb and her vision goes).

Hey man, it may be worth it for you to call in to customer care. My room mate called and explained our frustrations with the AC. We were extended a 15% discount on a future cruise and a partial refund for the Dream cruise.

Ben

Sent from my Apple 2e

Thanks Ben. No replies. I already booked another cruise in mid Oct. I'm really amazed at The lack of empathy. Oh well.

Was on the Dream Sept. 14-21, Lido Deck Balcony midship - #10276. Friends were in the cabin next door - 10278. My cabin was very warm. Never got cool at all during the 7 days. And the friends next door complained about their room being hot also. Maintenance did manage to get theirs a little cooler, but it still wasn't cool enough. The only thing that made the room tolerable was the small battery operated fan that I was wise enough to bring onboard with me.

Also had a problem with plumbing in my cabin. When we first boarded, first thing I noticed was there was just a trickle of water coming out of the faucet in the bathroom sink. I let Guest Services know, and someone came immediately to "fix" it. It worked for a couple of hours, then did it again that night. Went back to Guest Services on Monday morning, again someone came to fix it, and again it worked a couple of hours and did it again. So Mon. afternoon, I went to Guest Services and explained that we couldn't even wash our hands or brush our teeth without using bottled water that we bought, and told them if they couldn't get it fixed, move me to a room that DID have running water in the sink. Monday afternoon, it finally got fixed.

I agree with El Capitan Z - Guest Services really didn't seem too concerned about any of the issues we had. They weren't rude by any means, but they didn't seem too worried about my comoplaints.

The ship is beautiful, itinerary was great, service in the MDR was great. But the maintenance issues would keep me from booking the Dream again.

We were on the sept 7-14 sailing cove balcony 2279. I don't know the temp of the room but at times it was cold on our room. We propped the balcony door open at night and still stayed cool and comfortable. [ATTACH]325342[/ATTACH].

this does wonders for the ac in all the rooms, just keep the doors open.

this does wonders for the ac in all the rooms, just keep the doors open.

You mean the doors to the hallway? There's no way I'm opening the balcony doors and letting all that humid air in. That just makes it worse in the room. I also don't want to sleep with the door to the hallway open either. Getting what I paid for and having a comfortable cabin with air conditioning is the only answer for me.