Carnival Dream Airconditioning?

EL Capitan Z

My wife just read this thread and is threatening she may want to cancel our April 2015 cruise. We are booked for the Spa deck, port side. Carnival, your specs don't matter, ours do!

If they unable to fix the air conditioning after so long, what makes you think that they will be able to fix a problem with the engines when you are hundreds of miles away from land? Cancel now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I called and got them to make note that I want the room to be checked before we even get on board. I also noted that i will be bringing thermometers and record the temperature throughout the trip and would expect compensation if its not to specifications.

I told her about the forums and said that there were lots of complaints about this issue and she said something along the lines of "you cant trust those forums"

Well the phone call is recorded and I will post about my experience when i get back.

Excellent idea and I will follow your example for our Liberty cruise. They offer climate control for each stateroom and I want my room cool. Period.

3 trips now all lido rooms every trip was very cool in rooms no issues at all

My sister in law a 350 lbs and she was to cold too all rooms in lido

Remember folks, this problem is mostly mid ship to aft cabins only. Haven't heard this problem with any forward cabins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

You mean the doors to the hallway? There's no way I'm opening the balcony doors and letting all that humid air in. That just makes it worse in the room. I also don't want to sleep with the door to the hallway open either. Getting what I paid for and having a comfortable cabin with air conditioning is the only answer for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

her coment was she left the balcony doors open at night and still stayed cool. that is a reason the ac works harder.

If they unable to fix the air conditioning after so long, what makes you think that they will be able to fix a problem with the engines when you are hundreds of miles away from land? Cancel now!

I'm not entirely convinced that the fix is a matter of malfunction rather than that of an overzelous bean counter. If it is the latter, it is an at will fix which can take place immediately.

Edited by Babycat

I'm not entirely convinced that the fix is a matter of malfunction rather than that of an overzelous bean counter. If it is the latter, it is an at will fix which can take place immediately.

Maybe the less u pay for the cruise, the warmer your cabin? We paid a little less thAn 1000 dollars for balcony 3 people. Total.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Dream Sunday, we had the 9th floor port side aft wrap. The room stayed between 70 and 75 degrees (thermometer on inside wall) with drapes always closed. I was fine at night and we sleep with temp set in our bedroom at home at 64, but late morning and through early evening it was hot and stuffy feeling. We didn't bother complaining to anyone (but each other LOL). I knew they wouldn't do anything about it and I didn't want to waste my vacation time getting smoke blown up my a**:rolleyes:, so we just dealt. We did bring a clip on fan and I think sleeping would have been difficult without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted on John Heald's facebook page AND his Blog page about this air conditioning problem. He responded immediately and said that there was no problem on the DREAM and to enjoy my cruise???

So........I printed that response and will definitely be taking it with me on my cruise. Have no doubt I will be presenting this email to the manager of customer service if my two balcony cabins are hot!

We were on the Dream during the first week of October. Our room was 2415. The temperature ranged from 68 to 70 degrees on the thermometer we brought. Didn't get warm at any time.

That's great. Hope they're working on the problem!

We have never had any problems with AC on any cruise we have been on. I love cruising and am tolerant of most things that people complain about. There is just one thing I need---> A cool room ;)

I am trying to get the 4-1-1 on this situation. I called my agent and they told me they had not heard of any issues but there are Carnival MX personnel on board that will rectify any problems. We will see. I will call Carnival directly and voice my opinion. Hopefully they will square away this small but significant issue by the time we get on :D

I have not read the whole thread but I will respond to yours. Your agent is dead wrong! We had an issue on a CCL cruise (not the dream) and complained for days. Kept coming to our cabin and "temp fell in their guidelines" was all we ever got. 82 degrees is not in my guidelines! We were miserable the whole week.this was in March 2000. Back then it was tux , fancy dress,hose and heels. We showered and was soaking wet to get dressed from sweat. Sleeping was at best like camping somewhere.

We have had 13 cruises with carnival sine 1998 and this was the only time it happened.mi will say once was enough . Complaining did NO GOOD.

We are booked in 2016 for the dream and hope this want bea replay

We have cruised on RCCL and NCL and no problems there.

We were not offered a fan by the way. So NO our issue was not taken care of.

We should not have to haul a fan on a cruise to half way stay cool.

Good luck

Why even chance having a lousey vacation due to the ac problem reported. Cancel and go on a different cruise. There are plenty of other options. Life is too short.

Yeah so true. With ncl we have had aft facing balcony, never shut the curtains and stayed cool. Had one of those forward family suites with the whole wall being glass, curtains open day and night, cool? Had mid ship balcony, cool.

If I want a cabin to be 65 degrees that is my business. Should not have to whine and cry and get nowhere when it is 82 degrees.

Yeah so true. With ncl we have had aft facing balcony, never shut the curtains and stayed cool. Had one of those forward family suites with the whole wall being glass, curtains open day and night, cool? Had mid ship balcony, cool.

If I want a cabin to be 65 degrees that is my business. Should not have to whine and cry and get nowhere when it is 82 degrees.

I absolutely agree! My stateroom, my vacation dollars, MY comfort!

I absolutely agree! My stateroom, my vacation dollars, MY comfort!

And all I hear is me... me... ME!

Kicking, screaming, waving e-mail "evidence" and angry complaints to customer service representatives will only frustrate you - and them.

The most effective solution to this problem has been mentioned before: choose another ship (or line). The only true way to get a company's attention is by making your opinion known with your purchasing dollars. When it hits them in the financial statement with decreased bookings, a change will happen.

And all I hear is me... me... ME!

Kicking, screaming, waving e-mail "evidence" and angry complaints to customer service representatives will only frustrate you - and them.

The most effective solution to this problem has been mentioned before: choose another ship (or line). The only true way to get a company's attention is by making your opinion known with your purchasing dollars. When it hits them in the financial statement with decreased bookings, a change will happen.

Most people work all year in order to afford a vacation and don't feel its asking too much to have a comfortable cabin. So yeah, it is all of about me, me, me. Not to the point of other guest discomfort or being rude to others. People in the hospitality industry know, or should know, its their job to meet or exceed guest reasonable expectations. Having a cabin temperature that I consider comfortable is one of those expectations.