Heathrow to Southampton

kruisey

I have asked this question on my roll call no answers.

I am arriving in London early and returning to Heathrow Terminal 3 to catch the Princess Coach to Southampton day of cruise.

Has anyone encountered any problems with this route?

I am arriving in London early and returning to Heathrow Terminal 3 to catch the Princess Coach to Southampton day of cruise.

Hello, I just answered you on our Oct board. Although we stayed at airport hotel not sure if that makes a difference, had no problems going to terminal 3 and boarding couch. Hope this helps

It should be seamless but they will have seen you coming.

If you want to save money, you could take a National Express coach.

I don't entirely understand why you would want to go back to Heathrow in order to travel to the ship. :confused:

If you're overniting pre-cruise in central London, you can take a direct National Express coach (about £6 & 2.5hrs) or a Princess ship's coach (about $60 & 2hrs) from central London's coach station at Victoria.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

Your destination is Southampton coach station, the cruise terminal option doesn't apply to your ship.

Or a frequent direct train from central London's Waterloo station takes about 90 minutes (or a cheaper but much slower & less-frequent direct one from Victoria) & costs about £36.

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search

And the option to pre-purchase train tickets with much more limited frequency & non-amendable terms for £10 or less via

http://uk.megabus.com/megatrain.aspx

From Southampton Central rail station or coach station it's a £5 to £10 taxi ride to any cruise terminal.

All are much cheaper and much much more convenient that going via Heathrow.

Post-cruise, if you're going direct to Heathrow you can book the Nat Express coach (about £18) or the Princess coach is more convenient & at $60 much more sensibly-priced than some cruise lines, or a pre-booked private transfer at about £80 upwards for the car. Train between Southampton & Heathrow is inconvenient.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull