November transatlantic temps

Ryten

We're sailing on a transatlantic on the NA this November (first week) and I just realized that I had no idea what kind of daily temperatures to expect across the ocean and similarly I'd appreciate comments on what type of clothing would likely be appropriate for daytime for both men and women. Thanks in advance.

We're sailing on a transatlantic on the NA this November (first week) and I just realized that I had no idea what kind of daily temperatures to expect across the ocean and similarly I'd appreciate comments on what type of clothing would likely be appropriate for daytime for both men and women. Thanks in advance.

We did this crossing on the NA the first week of Nov 2010. We had very calm seas and the temperature was in the 70's for the whole crossing.

Of course you never know what may happen in 2014.

We rode the Noordam last November (1st 2 weeks) from Rome to Florida and the weather was perfect. Sometimes shorts on deck, other times not but the weather inside the ship is always the same.

Always wore long pants (him) capris (her) on shore excursions just because we weren't sure if the weather would change during the day (esp in the Azores). All our other stops were in Spain and it was warm but you just never know how a cloudy day might change.

Hope your weather is as good as ours was.

The crossing takes you along (or technically against) the Gulf stream, the current of water that keeps Atlantic Europe, especially the British Isles, more temperate than otherwise. Temperature day and night is remarkably constant, think low 20s C as you start from Europe, slowly warming a degree a day or so as you head for southern Florida.