No Upgrade/Upsell Call, but PVP Checking Up On Us!!

sjcruiser

When I'm in the house I place my cellphone on a table or the desk and let it ring and go to voicemail. This week I had it glued to my hip, hopefully waiting for an upsell/upgrade call on one of the suites that was available on and off during the past week. We have a few days before we fly out to Florida, and three days before our cruise. I haven't been excited about packing, so this morning I got up early (5:00am), and took everything out of it's closet space, and out the cruise drawer, and packed everything away in the suitcases. After I finished packing I'm running around the house, and get a call from the 305 area code. It was Carnival, but not the Upsell/Upgrade Fairy, but my PVP checking to make sure everything was ok, and to see if we have any questions or concerns with the upcoming cruise. Of course I had to throw in the availability of the suites from last night, but unfortunately they were all booked this morning, so maybe next time we may be lucky. This is the first time my PVP has checked up on me before the cruise. This is my new PVP who was recommended by my previous one who retired a couple years ago.

Those are called Bon Voyage phone calls, and they are part of the PVP'S responsibilities in an effort to maintain a long lasting relationship with their guests. Unfortunately many PVP's underestimate the positive impact of these calls and bypass them.

I bet that the next time you think of booking a Carnival cruise, you'll think of your PVP's customer service and book through him or her again. :)

Sorry it wasn't the call you were hoping for.:o

My old PVP (she just got a promotion and has recommended another for me) always called a couple days before my sailings with a "Bon Voyage!" and an "any last minute questions or concerns?" Then, within a few days of my returning home from a cruise, she would always call with a "how was you cruise? and an "any problems?". These were practically the only times she ever called and I liked it that way - the fact that I didn't get constant, pestering to book calls and the fact that she was consistent with these before and after cruise calls. That was just right, for me.:)

Those are called Bon Voyage phone calls, and they are part of the PVP'S responsibilities in an effort to maintain a long lasting relationship with their guests. Unfortunately many PVP's underestimate the positive impact of these calls and bypass them.

I bet that the next time you think of booking a Carnival cruise, you'll think of your PVP's customer service and book through him or her again. :)

We started the process in December, and I reached out to my old PVP in January, and when I didn't hear back from her in a few days, I called the second number listed for her, which was her personal cell phone. She informed me that she had retired, but had someone that was really good, and she recommend him to all her old clients. She reached out to him while I was still on the phone, and thus the process began. He has been great since we began the booking process the entire booking process, but we hit one snag which had to do with being eligible for an upgrade/obc when booked under the early saver rate. I had to go through another representative and supervisor to make the changes, but he did come back after the changes/upgrades/obc was done to note that he should have ran it pass a Supervisor to ensure the changes were eligible or not. Either way, he has been noting but considerate and helpful to me and others in my family who have booked with him, and we'll be using him in the near future. The Bon Voyage call does go a long way, and soon after he called me, he called the others in my party to ensure they were all set, and didn't have any questions or concerns. Great Customer Service!!!

The remainder of the day will be spent resting, and tomorrow evening we'll do one last check and recheck to make sure we have all our documents, cash, cc and other items for our flights and cruise.

Used the same pvp for past 10 or so cruises and she has been great but she doesnt call just before the cruise.

Truthfully as an experienced cruiser dont think it is necessary for us.

It's not necessary for us, either. It just feels nice.:)

Sorry it wasn't the call you were hoping for.:o

My old PVP (she just got a promotion and has recommended another for me) always called a couple days before my sailings with a "Bon Voyage!" and an "any last minute questions or concerns?" Then, within a few days of my returning home from a cruise, she would always call with a "how was you cruise? and an "any problems?". These were practically the only times she ever called and I liked it that way - the fact that I didn't get constant, pestering to book calls and the fact that she was consistent with these before and after cruise calls. That was just right, for me.:)

Sounds like you and I may have had the same one - I adored her! Mine had the initials JC... yours?

RCCL had a rep (not a booking agent) call before a cruise to wish me bon voyage. Instead of being short and sweet, though, she started asking me all kinds of questions which were unnecessary and I had no time to stay on the phone. I hate to say it but it became very annoying and I felt like I had a telemarketer on the line. However, receiving the call from someone you deal with at the cruise line, like your PVP, would make the call more welcome.

Sounds like you and I may have had the same one - I adored her! Mine had the initials JC... yours?

Nope, mine was LC. Been with her since 2005 and she was perfect for me. Although I'm happy for her to have moved up in the company, I am selfishly sad about it all the same.:o I only hope my "new" PVP (actually been with Carnival longer than my old one and trained her:)) does things like she did.

MY PVP never calls me unless I initiate the call.

She does send an email before I go saying "Bon Voyage", telling me to let her know if she can help with anything, as well as one when I return. I think the last couple she didn't send the one when we returned? Anyway, the point is that she e-mails, not calls. Which I like better anyway.

My guy doesn't call before I cruise (he knows I know what I'm doing and that if I have any question I'll call or email him). But he does call when I return to see how it was. He seems genuinely interested in my thoughts about the ship, the food, and the ports.

He even called me after my HAL cruise to get my thoughts on that.

He even called me after my HAL cruise to get my thoughts on that.

My Carnival PVP knew that we were sailing on the Allure of the Seas so he made a mock Bon Voyage call to us :). He even joined us for brunch that morning before we got on the ship.

He was also genuinely interested in my thoughts as well so I brought him back the Cruise Compasses for the entire cruise as well as anything that I could get my hands on. He was very appreciative, saying that it helps me to sell Carnival better when he knows what the competition does.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Nope, mine was LC. Been with her since 2005 and she was perfect for me. Although I'm happy for her to have moved up in the company, I am selfishly sad about it all the same.:o I only hope my "new" PVP (actually been with Carnival longer than my old one and trained her:)) does things like she did.

I feel the same about mine as you do about yours... but unfortunately my new one isn't working out nearly as well as my old one. :( Hoping I can break her in... but having my doubts about that.

Our Old PVP never called before or after! Not sure why he is not with them any more. But one called me before I booked this years cruise, I guess when he saw me Online, and offered any help I needed! At the time I was just getting an idea of what Itinerary,and I told him that! A few days later, I was online and he called again! I let him know that I would be looking at the sire daily until I decided, told him when I decided and at what point I was ready to book! So I did not get a call from him everyday! he was very nice and easy to deal with! We finally decided when we wanted to go and gave him a call! he helped us book, and has been available anytime I need info! When prices dropped, (a balcony for the same price as my ocean view was!) I called him in about 3 minutes, he upgraded me to a balcony! Had to pay $17.00 in taxes! I am glad I got a new PVP! :)