New to NCL, just booked Getaway 8/23/14

CricketCruiser

Enjoy the Fantasy. Great ship. Best cruise we have ever had. Can't wait to get back on her again.

Thanks. We had to round out the DCL fleet. I had looked at going on GA same dates but we actually happened on some decent pricing for a suite on DCL that was comparable at the time to pricing on GA for a H4 so it was an easy choice. Plus we already had the BA booked which we went on in March.

Thanks. We had to round out the DCL fleet. I had looked at going on GA same dates but we actually happened on some decent pricing for a suite on DCL that was comparable at the time to pricing on GA for a H4 so it was an easy choice. Plus we already had the BA booked which we went on in March.

Funny. Turned down an upsell to an H4 last week for the cruise on GA next week. The $2400 NCL wanted for the upgrade will cover on cruise on the Wonder next March. Besides we would have had to give up the B6 large balcony. We will still be looking over fondly next week. We will also be wearing our Castaway Club lanyards on NCL just for fun.

The Howl at the Moon Dueling pianos

Excellent musicians- superb musicians, actually, rollicking fun.

Spent two evenings here and closed the place both nights.

The comedy shows were also excellent

I was on in mid July-

Have already booked

Again for next year. By far my favorite cruise out of many.

Have a great time!

There is a lot of information in the reviews in this forum as opposed to the shorter ones in the

" member review" section of CC"

Don't miss the grilled pineapple at Moderno

Spring for the lobster rolls at lunch at Ocean Blue - best 10 bucks at sea!!

Okay- that is four favorite things

AM

My wife and I couldn't agree with you more. We did the Getaway on the TA and loved it. We have booked it again for November for our anniversery. We loved the comedians and Howl at the Moon in Headliners, but don't miss Illusionarium it is a great show.

Steve from Il

Dining whenever I felt like it, not having to show up at a restaurant at a certain time, and wearing whatever I felt like wearing (of course I still dressed casual nice shorts and a top, nothing "trashy" I should say), I LOVED Cagney's (um, hello? White truffle fries!), loved the shows in the theater and Burn The FLoor in the Tropicana (although BEWARE if you sit right next to the stage, when the dancers are getting their groove on, their sweat can land on your plate! yes, that happened to me and luckily I was done eating)..I LOVED ST. THOMAS-Meagan's Bay! And I loved my balcony room!

(we were on the ship the first week in April, just the DH and myself. We loved it so much, we have the Getaway book for March 2015 with the 2 daughters in a mini suite! need the extra bathroom space!)

HAVE FUN and RElAx!!!

Did you have to reserve for table at the Tropicana for the burn the floor show? And what time was it? I saw it listed as 6pm on one "daily" and 6:30 at another... I have booked 5:30 in the tropicana every night..wonder if it would be to early to catch the show if it's at 6:30? How long are we allow to stay for dinner at our table? Also, how did you get a table near the floor to see the show?

Going on Sept 20 :)

Four more days and a wake up until our flight to Miami...getting in at 8:00 pm, I guess I should start looking for hotels. I almost booked the Fontainebleau on Hotwire last week for $145 (I use those sites that help you figure out which hotels are being offered), but getting in so late and then leaving by 11:00, there wouldn't be time to enjoy the hotel. Will probably look for something that has shuttle to/from airport and port + breakfast. If anybody has a suggestion for a hotel I'd love to hear it.

Did you have to reserve for table at the Tropicana for the burn the floor show? And what time was it? I saw it listed as 6pm on one "daily" and 6:30 at another... I have booked 5:30 in the tropicana every night..wonder if it would be to early to catch the show if it's at 6:30? How long are we allow to stay for dinner at our table? Also, how did you get a table near the floor to see the show?

Going on Sept 20 :)

That's interesting, you've already reserved your dinner table for every night? We're planning Cagney's and the Italian place, but didn't think we had to pick a day/time in advance. Can you tell me, what's going to happen to us if we don't make all these plans in advance? On vacation I like to be spontaneous, but I don't want to end up having to eat really late in order to get a table every night. I wonder what I should do. Time to search the forum to get more info (or, feel free to spill right here and set me straight).

By the way, one of the advantages in booking a cruise in advance is you have time to research and map things out. When you book 3 weeks in advance like we just did, on a cruise line you've never experienced and on a ship you've never been on, you have your work cut out for you. When I get back I'll write a review called "what I would have done differently if I booked this cruise in advance". Ha!:o

I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Getaway for the upcoming 8/23 sailing. We've cruised Celebrity (bitterly disappointed in our last cruise with them on the Constellation, reminded me of a 2 start hotel...but of course being on the ocean and visiting the ports was wonderful, the food was very good, I want to be accurate, it was just the ship I didn't like), we've been on Princess and Royal. Looking forward to the freestyle dining for sure. We just booked directly with NCL, an Ocean view room with a free upgrade to a guaranteed Balcony for 1327.84 plus 25 in cabin credits, so I'm happy with the price and understand that we have 24 hours to take advantage of any possible price drops.

Here's my question: What is your favorite thing about the Getaway?

Thanks!

Bon voyage!

That's interesting, you've already reserved your dinner table for every night? We're planning Cagney's and the Italian place, but didn't think we had to pick a day/time in advance. Can you tell me, what's going to happen to us if we don't make all these plans in advance? On vacation I like to be spontaneous, but I don't want to end up having to eat really late in order to get a table every night. I wonder what I should do. Time to search the forum to get more info (or, feel free to spill right here and set me straight).

By the way, one of the advantages in booking a cruise in advance is you have time to research and map things out. When you book 3 weeks in advance like we just did, on a cruise line you've never experienced and on a ship you've never been on, you have your work cut out for you. When I get back I'll write a review called "what I would have done differently if I booked this cruise in advance". Ha!:o

Other than Teppanyaki, it usually isn't too hard to find an open speciality restaurant. However, later in the week it tends to get more difficult to find a good time/slot. The specialty dinner show has a discount the first night if you can still book it.