New to NCL, just booked Getaway 8/23/14

CricketCruiser

I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Getaway for the upcoming 8/23 sailing. We've cruised Celebrity (bitterly disappointed in our last cruise with them on the Constellation, reminded me of a 2 start hotel...but of course being on the ocean and visiting the ports was wonderful, the food was very good, I want to be accurate, it was just the ship I didn't like), we've been on Princess and Royal. Looking forward to the freestyle dining for sure. We just booked directly with NCL, an Ocean view room with a free upgrade to a guaranteed Balcony for 1327.84 plus 25 in cabin credits, so I'm happy with the price and understand that we have 24 hours to take advantage of any possible price drops.

Here's my question: What is your favorite thing about the Getaway?

Thanks!

My favorite thing is the waterfront. It's so nice to be able to sit at one of the bars or on one of the the comfy couches during the day and enjoy a drink or read a book. And having dinner on the waterfront is really nice, especially if you're there during sunset.

I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Getaway for the upcoming 8/23 sailing. We've cruised Celebrity (bitterly disappointed in our last cruise with them on the Constellation, reminded me of a 2 start hotel...but of course being on the ocean and visiting the ports was wonderful, the food was very good, I want to be accurate, it was just the ship I didn't like), we've been on Princess and Royal. Looking forward to the freestyle dining for sure. We just booked directly with NCL, an Ocean view room with a free upgrade to a guaranteed Balcony for 1327.84 plus 25 in cabin credits, so I'm happy with the price and understand that we have 24 hours to take advantage of any possible price drops.

Thanks!

The Howl at the Moon Dueling pianos

Excellent musicians- superb musicians, actually, rollicking fun.

Spent two evenings here and closed the place both nights.

The comedy shows were also excellent

I was on in mid July-

Have already booked

Again for next year. By far my favorite cruise out of many.

Have a great time!

There is a lot of information in the reviews in this forum as opposed to the shorter ones in the

" member review" section of CC"

Don't miss the grilled pineapple at Moderno

Spring for the lobster rolls at lunch at Ocean Blue - best 10 bucks at sea!!

Okay- that is four favorite things

AM

How exciting to have booked a last minute cruise - it's coming up very fast!

We love NCL for freestyle and for their service. I'll be anxious to hear from you when you return, how you compare NCL with the other lines you've been on.

Have a GREAT time!

Thanks!

We aren't sailing Getaway but are on DCL Fantasy and will be in St. Thomas and St. Maarten the same days. Be sure to wave.

I saw the GA's camera yesterday in it was parked behind the Fantasy in port - looking forward to it in under 10 days.

Do you have excursions planned?

Have a great time on the Fantasy. I have a friend who won't cruise on anything but Disney, she loves it. While in St. Thomas, we're going back to St. John, we were there for our 11th anniversary about 10 years ago, so we are excited about that. I'm looking for a resort in St. Martin...since I just booked I haven't had the time to plan everything out, really that's half the fun of a cruise. Have a great time!

How exciting to have booked a last minute cruise - it's coming up very fast!

We love NCL for freestyle and for their service. I'll be anxious to hear from you when you return, how you compare NCL with the other lines you've been on.

Have a GREAT time!

Yes, I never really know when we're cruising, we always do last minute because of our business. I don't even know what it would be like to have a year or more to think and plan, I think that would be great. Having something to look forward to, and you can take your time planning activities. I will let you know what I think. I'm already impressed with the customer service and dining options!

The Howl at the Moon Dueling pianos

Excellent musicians- superb musicians, actually, rollicking fun.

Spent two evenings here and closed the place both nights.

The comedy shows were also excellent

I was on in mid July-

Have already booked

Again for next year. By far my favorite cruise out of many.

Have a great time!

There is a lot of information in the reviews in this forum as opposed to the shorter ones in the

" member review" section of CC"

Don't miss the grilled pineapple at Moderno

Spring for the lobster rolls at lunch at Ocean Blue - best 10 bucks at sea!!

Okay- that is four favorite things

AM

I will absolutely try the lobster rolls, and we'll for sure see the dueling pianos. Thanks for the tips! How do I find the reviews within the forums vs. the reviews page?

Have a great time on the Fantasy. I have a friend who won't cruise on anything but Disney, she loves it. While in St. Thomas, we're going back to St. John, we were there for our 11th anniversary about 10 years ago, so we are excited about that. I'm looking for a resort in St. Martin...since I just booked I haven't had the time to plan everything out, really that's half the fun of a cruise. Have a great time!

Maybe try this. We were looking at doing one in St. Thomas but we are just going to play that by ear - we have Capt Bobs booked for St. Maarten.

http://www.resortforaday.com/category-s/1833.htm

Thanks!

Dining whenever I felt like it, not having to show up at a restaurant at a certain time, and wearing whatever I felt like wearing (of course I still dressed casual nice shorts and a top, nothing "trashy" I should say), I LOVED Cagney's (um, hello? White truffle fries!), loved the shows in the theater and Burn The FLoor in the Tropicana (although BEWARE if you sit right next to the stage, when the dancers are getting their groove on, their sweat can land on your plate! yes, that happened to me and luckily I was done eating)..I LOVED ST. THOMAS-Meagan's Bay! And I loved my balcony room!

(we were on the ship the first week in April, just the DH and myself. We loved it so much, we have the Getaway book for March 2015 with the 2 daughters in a mini suite! need the extra bathroom space!)

HAVE FUN and RElAx!!!

Dining whenever I felt like it, not having to show up at a restaurant at a certain time, and wearing whatever I felt like wearing (of course I still dressed casual nice shorts and a top, nothing "trashy" I should say), I LOVED Cagney's (um, hello? White truffle fries!), loved the shows in the theater and Burn The FLoor in the Tropicana (although BEWARE if you sit right next to the stage, when the dancers are getting their groove on, their sweat can land on your plate! yes, that happened to me and luckily I was done eating)..I LOVED ST. THOMAS-Meagan's Bay! And I loved my balcony room!

(we were on the ship the first week in April, just the DH and myself. We loved it so much, we have the Getaway book for March 2015 with the 2 daughters in a mini suite! need the extra bathroom space!)

HAVE FUN and RElAx!!!

Thanks for the info. It says a lot when you book the same ship for a future sailing. One week from right now we will be falling asleep to the sounds of the waves (I always leave my balcony door open just a crack so I can hear the water).