Great customer service from Carnival rep!

cruise pup

I don't know if Carnival is starting to make a better effort when dealing with customers but I had the best experience with them today. I called to request a cabin change. First of all, the rep was extremely friendly and mentioned (more than once) how much they appreciate my continued business (I'm Platinum). She had a difficult time in making the change due to the computer but did not give up. It did take a while to sort this out but she would not just say that it wasn't possible or pass the buck. The last time I made a similar call the rep said the change couldn't be done and I had to press the issue before she finally agreed to look into it. That change was eventually honored. I often read on this board that it will depend on the rep you get but I hope this is becoming the norm and not the exception when dealing with Carnival.

Edited by cruise pup

I agree! I've had a few changes that needed to be made because I'm taking my girl scout troop and we booked several rooms. The people I spoke to on the phone were all very nice and some went over and above.

I had two girls with name changes that needed to be made. They say you have a $100 charge to do that but they didn't charge me.

One girl has a different legal name then what she goes by and one goes by her middle name rather then a first name. I had no idea when I made the reservations but they were great when I called.

I also call late at night, mostly after midnight as I'm a night owl and they are never busy so they enjoy chatting up a storm or so it seems. They all made me laugh and bent over backwards for me.

I've called multiple times recently for price drops and have had very good experiences. You can tell that the skill and knowledge level vary from rep to rep, but they've all been very friendly and helpful....making sure the reason I called is resolved to my satisfaction.

yeah, I finally on this cruise had to call twice. and both times I had great customer service. I even told the woman that I was a bit hesitant and expecting a hard time due to reading other ppls issue's, but happy to say she was very helpful

I called to ask about a small price reduction on the 2 balcony cabins for our next cruise. Not only did the rep quickly research the fare, she found we could get an upgrade from 8A to 8D, move from aft to mid ship, move up 1 deck and still got small price reduction. We also got 2 cabins next to each other.

She was very easy to work with and seemed very happy to help. I thanked her for her help and professionalism. I live on the west coast so it would have been about 10PM.

Hope that CCL has learned the best way to keep customers is good customer service.

I too, have had OUTSTANDING customer service from all the Carnival Reps I've dealt with in the last couple of years. I do believe that they're working extra hard at Carnival to give us, the customers, excellent service. THANKS CARNIVAL!

"SKY"

Hoping not to put the jinx on it by saying this, but .... :o

I have had excellent service from every single rep I have talked to at Carnival in planning our October cruise.

In my many interactions this time around, I completely changed the cruise, changed cabin categories, changed cabin locations, activated several price drops, received OBC -- all done cheerfully and efficiently.

Kudos! :)