Lose OBC?

I booked a room while on board FOS last week for a cruise next summer. I got my Platinum discount and $200 OBC...if we change our reservation to a different ship do we lose the OBC ? Thanks!

So far, they are letting you keep the OBC with the first change.

The cruise you change to will have to be the same number of days. I booked a 5 day Explorer cruise while on board because I thought I needed 9 points to make Diamond before our Alaska cruise, turns out I only needed 8, so I changed it to Enchantment. Both were for JS, so double points. The $200 on board credit was for a cruise 5 nights or longer. I lost the $200 on board credit, but ended up saving over $700 on the price of the cruise because of the BOGO deal that was not going on when I booked on board.

The cruise you change to will have to be the same number of days. I booked a 5 day Explorer cruise while on board because I thought I needed 9 points to make Diamond before our Alaska cruise, turns out I only needed 8, so I changed it to Enchantment. Both were for JS, so double points. The $200 on board credit was for a cruise 5 nights or longer. I lost the $200 on board credit, but ended up saving over $700 on the price of the cruise because of the BOGO deal that was not going on when I booked on board.

That's not "losing OBC", that's getting the appropriate amount of OBC for the length of the sailing that you will actually be on.

They certainly aren't going to give you $200 OBC on a 4 nighter just because you initially booked a longer cruise. :)

The Explorer cruise was for 5 nights, Enchantment was 4 nights-- 1 night difference. I didn't expect to get the entire $200.00 OBC, but was hoping to get some amount. I was very politely advised that if I booked another 5 night or longer cruise I would keep the $200.00 on board credit, but not for 4 nights or less. When I didn't get any amount of OBC, I didn't pitch a fit, write to Adam, or anything else. I accepted it for what it was. Everyone answering ahead of me indicated there would be no problem, I was merely pointing out there could be.