Price Increases on Specialty Restaurants?????

Kreeb

Just saw on. Carnival's website that JiJi's Kitchen on Sunshine is now priced at $15 per person in the evening. Couldn't find the cost for Cucina del Capitano, but suspect its cost has likewise gone up to $15. Can anyone confirm this, very recent Sunshine Cruisers?????

Still, if DW and were to go to a nice restaurant with a 3 course meal it would still be more than $36 (20% tip added). I find a value in them in that it allows a special moment in a nice setting with a lovely lady. Why she hasn't divorced me over the years I will never know but I'm grateful 😉.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just saw on. Carnival's website that JiJi's Kitchen on Sunshine is now priced at $15 per person in the evening. Couldn't find the cost for Cucina del Capitano, but suspect its cost has likewise gone up to $15. Can anyone confirm this, very recent Sunshine Cruisers?????

All specialty restaurants as your title seems to indicate, or just Jiji's? Wanna share a link?

Still, if DW and were to go to a nice restaurant with a 3 course meal it would still be more than $36 (20% tip added). I find a value in them in that it allows a special moment in a nice setting with a lovely lady. Why she hasn't divorced me over the years I will never know but I'm grateful 😉.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Probably still well worth it, but remember that your $36 is above and beyond what is included in your cruise price for meals in the MDR.

gary

Still a steal at those prices.

Fantastic food and service, and worth more, imo.

We tipped 100% at JiJi and Cucina on our Jan. Sunshine cruise and still felt that we got way more than our money's worth - no way we could duplicate it on land at that price.

I wish the $15 places were more common. The steakhouse is a tad overpriced for me. But an extra $30 (plus probably another $30 for the cost of the MDR food) makes it more equivalent to a restaurant I would typically visit for good food.

$36 (20% tip added).

I thought the specialty restaurant upcharge included tip (not that it is bad to tip extra)?

That's a lot. On land, you can get a complete Italian chicken meal for about that price or even less. But for $15, on top of the meal you've already paid for which is roughly $10 to $15 on land, you're asked to pay roughly $30? That's insane. Same goes for the Chinese dish.

That's a lot. On land, you can get a complete Italian chicken meal for about that price or even less. But for $15, on top of the meal you've already paid for which is roughly $10 to $15 on land, you're asked to pay roughly $30? That's insane. Same goes for the Chinese dish.

1) it's a class or 2 above what you get on land (and that meh Carnival food)

2) That's for appetizer, entree & dessert.

3) It's a STEAL!

It's all about options. You don't want it don't go. We go every cruise.

I'm so over the MDR menus that I'll gladly pay for a specialty restaurant each night. We love the steakhouse even though it takes a lot of time. For the price I'm paying for the cruise I don't mind the up charge and I get a better dining experience. My last few cruises the dining room was so rushed.

I'm so over the MDR menus that I'll gladly pay for a specialty restaurant each night. We love the steakhouse even though it takes a lot of time. For the price I'm paying for the cruise I don't mind the up charge and I get a better dining experience. My last few cruises the dining room was so rushed.

+1 and especially Carnival's MDR. Talking about subjective...