Docking in Cozumel

hogwildcruzers

Usually only one ship docks downtown. You will likely be at Puerto Maya. It is a nice pier with shops right there. A cab downtown is easily accessible.

I agree. Most likely you will dock at Puerto Maya. It is a really nice pier. Restaurants, shops, and loungers right there. And, it is very easy to catch a cab to get into town. While the downtown pier is within walking distance of downtown Cozumel I like Puerto Maya better.

I agree. Most likely you will dock at Puerto Maya. It is a really nice pier. Restaurants, shops, and loungers right there. And, it is very easy to catch a cab to get into town. While the downtown pier is within walking distance of downtown Cozumel I like Puerto Maya better.

We always walk downtown and back anyway. That way I can sunburn both sides of my face. :eek:

I like Puerto Maya better as well. No hassling by the locals while we are walking around the shops.

I agree completely. It just ruins my vacation when those bloody locals get all up in my face begging for spare change while I'm busy trying to buy diamonds and other trinkets?

C.

My upcomming cruise on the Regal has cancelled it's stop in Cozumel. I got the e-mail last week from TA advising due to operational considerations the stop in Cozumel has been changed to a stop in Roatan...

My upcoming cruise on the Regal has cancelled it's stop in Cozumel. I got the e-mail last week from TA advising due to operational considerations the stop in Cozumel has been changed to a stop in Roatan...

I suspect the "operational considerations" (the excuse for any change) is that there are too many ships there that day and the Regal could not get a space to dock.

If you get away from the cruise ship compound in Roatan, it is a very nice island and there are some good tours available. One independent provider we have used and enjoyed the day with is http://www.roatantripsandtours.net/