Royal Family Suite Question

SDATX

We are set to go on the Navigator in the Royal Family Suite. When reserved, we had five people. Now, there is a possibility that we may lose one person. I have no problem with paying for the fifth person (even including the drink package that I have already bought). Do you think there will be a problem with getting the Royal Family Suite with only four people under these circumstances?

It does not seem that RCCL would be losing anything (still getting all the fare they originally contracted for and even having to be on the line for one less set of meals) but I have seen things on this site that make me wonder.

What do you all think??

If you have it booked and have paid for the 5th person already..... realistacally, what are they going to do if you show up at the pier with only four people?

Most/all of the cabins on the ship are reserved. I can't see them shuffling cabins at check in....but nothing would surprise me anymore :)

Next January.

Being that cruise is next January, the final payment period hasn't past so you cancel and still get a full refund for the 5th person but do stand a chance at loosing the Royal Family Suite.

If loosing the money is less of a concern than loosing the Royal Family suite than just don't do anything and show up at the pier with only 4 people.

Re: Drink package .... would cancel that the minute you determine the person isn't going. Theoretically even with the person as a no show on actual embarkations day, think port charges, taxes and other items such as pre-purchased drink packages are still refundable but not 100% certain on this point.

Edited by xxoocruiser

When I was checking out suites for our upcoming cruise (granted its right in November), I was given the option (two of us) to book the Royal Family Suite. I would think it wouldn't be available on the website if it wouldn't allow 2 people to book it?

We had the RFS on the Liberty last year and there were only 3 of us

We will have a Royal Family Suite on the Navigator in 2 weeks with only 3 people. After final payments all 4 of them were still available. They dropped the occupancy restriction and the price by over $1000 per person. We upgraded from a GS for only $200 more total for 3. Heck, it was available to book for only 2 people too. Previously, it never showed as available for 2 or 3.

We booked a family suite for the Jewel while on board the Navigator in one of the Family Suites. The booking agent subtly suggested that we book 5 whether 5 would take the cruise or not. He said something to the effect of 1 not showing up for the cruise and that would be ok. You could risk cancelling 1 person, but if you don't want to risk it, keep the reservation at 5.

Edited by cathep

From my experience.......

If you tell them they will refund the cost of the 5th person BUT will tell you there is a chance that you may be moved to a GS if they need the RFS.

The cost of the 5th person is usually very low, so I have done a no show a few times. There is no problems with that. But if you have pre paid tips remember to have them removed for person no 5 when on board.

Enjoy. It's a brilliant suite.

Raina

Ummm

I have nothing booked at that time.

If you want I can bite the bullet and lessen the burden on your plight and I will sail with you.........................................................................:D

Like you said it was already paid for:eek:.

Sea Ya