Woop Woop Launch Invite received

So you're two days before us. I guess I'd better stop holding my breath. I wonder what will happen if we don't have the information before we leave for Brilliance? :confused:

Right there with you... hopefully we'll get the information before then and if not we'll hope they email us the information. I'll let you know if I hear anything while we're on board if you let me know. :)

In the same boat here... have an invitation to sailing on the 12th, but no reservation number at this point.

I keep checking here because I figure if nobody else has a number it's not a problem that I don't have one, it just means they are just slow. :rolleyes:

If by "slow" you mean unorganized, I definitely agree. My concern is that in 2 weeks we leave for our next cruise (and you, as well), and without the documentation, how do we get to the ship? My AR side is not happy.

Edited by travelgoddess1

If by "slow" you mean unorganized, I definitely agree. My concern is that in 2 weeks we leave for our next cruise (and you, as well), and without the documentation, how do we get to the ship? My AR side is not happy.

and we leave in 2 days for a cruise leaving us 3 days in between our arrival back home and our departure for expected arrival on the Quantum, ain't life grand?:D

travelgodess and elleluv

We are in the same boat (literally) we are on the Brilliiance repo and the Nov. 16 pre-inaugural and haven't heard anything since we registered. My invitation read the same as yours, that we would be receiving the booking number the week of Sept. 22.

I'm sure they will have the numbers out to us pretty soon(optimistic, aren't I):D

I do check e-mails every day when I am on a ship, so if it takes until then I will be sure to let you know. Lucky for us we live in the Boston area, so we have no plane or hotel reservations to worry about.

Rita

Edited by billsgal

travelgodess and elleluv

We are in the same boat (literally) we are on the Brilliiance repo and the Nov. 16 pre-inaugural and haven't heard anything since we registered. My invitation read the same as yours, that we would be receiving the booking number the week of Sept. 22.

I'm sure they will have the numbers out to us pretty soon(optimistic, aren't I):D

I do check e-mails every day when I am on a ship, so if it takes until then I will be sure to let you know. Lucky for us we live in the Boston area, so we have no plane or hotel reservations to worry about.

Rita

and we leave in 2 days for a cruise leaving us 3 days in between our arrival back home and our departure for expected arrival on the Quantum, ain't life grand?:D

I'm glad we are able to communicate here, so we will all know about the same time. Does RCI think we just stay home and never cruise? :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping us all updated. :)

Got our invite as well but had to decline since we'll be cruising on the Allure. Everyone have a great time and take photos, please!:D

Do you mind me asking when you got your invite, Celia? Was it an email or phone call?

The invite that I currently have was through my Business Development Manager. I haven't gotten an invite from C&A at this point and I've been watching for invites to go out to some of us newer Pinnacle Members.

Definitely disorganized... (I was being nice)

We still need to finalize air arrangements... call me paranoid, but I'll be happier doing that once I've got a cabin.

Edited by elleluv

Got our invite as well but had to decline since we'll be cruising on the Allure. Everyone have a great time and take photos, please!:D

We did also but had to decline.......too many other items on our "events" calendar.

We also received an invite for the November 14-16 Quantum PI but had to decline. Our invite came by email on September 3rd with an RSVP date of September 9th. It did not come from C&A.

There were 2 emails addressed to me for the same date, one for a "complimentary cabin" and one for a "balcony cabin".

We have a friend that is a PC Member with 800+ cruise points and he was not invited. He emailed C&A and was told that invites to PC Members was limited.

Edited by cruisenfever

Definitely disorganized... (I was being nice)

We still need to finalize air arrangements... call me paranoid, but I'll be happier doing that once I've got a cabin.

Since we will already be on the road from another cruise, I had to change one flight and book another. I'm a bit apprehensive. Are you flying to/from the cruise?

Edited by travelgoddess1

Do you mind me asking when you got your invite, Celia? Was it an email or phone call?

The invite that I currently have was through my Business Development Manager. I haven't gotten an invite from C&A at this point and I've been watching for invites to go out to some of us newer Pinnacle Members.

Hello Ellen. The invite came from C&A via email for a balcony cabin. It arrived a week ago. Have fun!:D

Since we will already be on the road from another cruise, I had to change one flight and book another. I'm a bit apprehensive. Are you flying to/from the cruise?

I'm planning to fly home to SLC for a few days after getting off Brilliance in Tampa; then I'm turning around and flying back to Newark for Quantum. It would probably make more sense just to go to straight to Newark from Tampa and spend a few days there, but I want to come home and see my husband. It'll have already been 3 weeks since I've seen him at that point, so being able to spend 3 days with him makes it worthwhile to fly home. :)

I'm planning to fly home to SLC for a few days after getting off Brilliance in Tampa; then I'm turning around and flying back to Newark for Quantum. It would probably make more sense just to go to straight to Newark from Tampa and spend a few days there, but I want to come home and see my husband. It'll have already been 3 weeks since I've seen him at that point, so being able to spend 3 days with him makes it worthwhile to fly home. :)

That makes sense! I thought you might just go from BR to Quantum, but a short "layover" at home is always nice, too. :)

Me again:).

Last night I got an e.mail at 10.25pm (!!! ) from my contact for the UK event apologising for the delay. They are waiting on a few "tweaks" from head office.

I told her the suspense is killing me.:)

Thanks for the update. Not what we wanted to hear, but at least we know they are "working on it." :rolleyes: :)

I still have not heard anything from C&A. It looked like I might get invited to the Nov 14 but nothing yet.

Really makes it hard to book flights etc.

Andrew

I can't understand why you haven't heard anything yet. We finally did get an invitation but by the time they got to us we had already made other plans for the time period.

Bayonne is not our favorite port at all so the hassle of getting in and out of there made us decide to stick to our new plans and scrap the 2 day pre.

We will see you on the Nov 2nd sailing won't we????

With so much being included in this PI complimentary offer does anyone know if the specialty restaurants will also be complimentary? Also what about wine being included for lunch and dinner?

I sure hope you are correct. The C&A person I spoke to told me all specialty restaurants would be charged at same price as normal cruise and there would not be any complimentary wine with meals. I found this hard to believe since they are comping so much and even offering discounted airfare.

With so much being included in this PI complimentary offer does anyone know if the specialty restaurants will also be complimentary? Also what about wine being included for lunch and dinner?

What little I know is that everything is free except for the shops' merchandise. All alcohol and restaurants. However, my guess is that the specialty restaurants may be booked for special events. I am curious to try Dynamic Dining, which I assume will be operational. Just an educated guess, I'm in the dark as much as anyone.:)

I've done a few of these over the years (Freedom and Allure) and agree with earlier post that everything was included. Not always a good thing since some folks simply don't seem to have a "stop" button in the alcohol department and several hundred made fools of themselves on day one on Freedom missing dinner and then whining about it later when they were denied entry into the dining room. Geez! Morale of the story: just cuz it's free doesn't mean you have to drink ALL of it on the first day!;)

What little I know is that everything is free except for the shops' merchandise. All alcohol and restaurants. However, my guess is that the specialty restaurants may be booked for special events. I am curious to try Dynamic Dining, which I assume will be operational. Just an educated guess, I'm in the dark as much as anyone.:)

Agree.....From what we have experienced and read about over the years you are "assigned" dinner location....either MDR or specific specialty. With this being all "specialty" ( no MDR) I would "assume" they will definitely "assign" you a dining venue.

Edited by skiiergirl