photo package price (onboard) - Summit 7 day cruise

DonnaK

So, we are leaving on the Summit tomorrow, and I just went to sign up for the photo package online, and it is closed. The deadline to sign up was yesterday.

How much is the package onboard? It was $249 on the website if purchased in advance.

Edited by DonnaK

When we were on The Summit last year they had a variety of pkgs available at different price points

The biggest one at that time included the book type folio... with a cover photo of the ship and two 8x 10s Inside along with a CD with photos & videos of the Ship & Cruise (fun to see where the Photo Crew went that week... We did see one short clip of ourselves at a Ship Board activity)

I cannot recall exactly what we paid, but it was certainly less than $ 200 (I would not pay more than that... Just not worth it in my mind)

My best advice...

Keep an eye on the Daily Specials advertised in Celebrity Today

And...

Have a ballpark number in mind for what the maximum you'll spend on photos... Period

You can play the Waiting Game as well... Buying toward the last day, when there will be more pics to choose from

Then though prices tend to be higher... And it can be tougher to narrow things down

You can try to bargain with them... But in my experience they don't budge. They would rather get the ridiculous asking price for each photo... Than make a deal to get rid of a lot

Seems crazy to me... Especially so when you consider all the waste that happens cause after the cruise those photos are worth A BIG FAT ZERO to them

Consequently... If you see a photo you love... Buy it.

Hope this helps (somewhat)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

So, we are leaving on the Summit tomorrow, and I just went to sign up for the photo package online, and it is closed. The deadline to sign up was yesterday.

How much is the package onboard? It was $249 on the website if purchased in advance.

We paid $299 for the photo package on our Reflection 11 nights Med cruise. It included all the printed pictures + a CD with all the digital copies. They had this offer the first three days of the cruise, after that the price went up!!:):)

We paid $299 for the photo package on our Reflection 11 nights Med cruise. It included all the printed pictures + a CD with all the digital copies. They had this offer the first three days of the cruise, after that the price went up!!:):)

Thank you - that's what we were hoping for!

You can try to bargain with them... But in my experience they don't budge. They would rather get the ridiculous asking price for each photo... Than make a deal to get rid of a lot

Seems crazy to me... Especially so when you consider all the waste that happens cause after the cruise those photos are worth A BIG FAT ZERO to them

Reason is due to forums like this one, word would spread like wildfire, don't buy until the last day when they go to half price. And they'd never sell anything for full price again.

So they stick pretty firmly to advertised pricing, so that they make decent sales all along, and keep the price up.

I did notice that a few days into a sailing they offered a buy 2 get 3rd free type of thing. They even offered to adjust for photos I had bought the day before if I brought my receipt back - I had bought 2 the night before and found 1 more I wanted. They didn't OFFER, I asked and they said sure bring the receipt.

Hi, if it is around $299 for the package of photos, how much does it cost for a single photo?

It was either $29.95 or $39.95, I can't remember exactly. It was 1 large, probably 8x10 and 4 (maybe 3?) smaller versions like wallet sized printed on one sheet.

I certainly got my moneys worth with the photo package. We got the photo package online but I noticed on board that it was available for purchase and was pretty much the same deal. I came home with 72, yes 72 pictures. My hubby and I posed at every photo station every night! Individual pictures on board go for $15 for the small and up to $30 for the 8 x 10's. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the package again on another cruise!

Thanks for the reminder to purchase our photo package. I have just been online to pre-purchase the full package [all your digital photos and prints] for our 14-night Eclipse cruise this November. The price was US$200. I am sure that this is the lowest price we have paid.

Edited by Project_gal

Hi Everyone ,

As this is my first cruise on a Celebrity cruises , I normally just buy one or two pictures .But haven't heard of a photo package before.

Can someone explain the 'Photo Package' , how does it work ,is it good value .I am in the Penthouse for the first time ,I am wondering would they take a really good pic of the suite,(if I asked really nicely?) This will the first cruise for all my family so want lots of memories.

Cheers Deb

If you purchase the package in advance online, you get both the prints of every photograph taken plus as CD which gives you access to the all the digital images online plus transfer of copyright. If you purchase the package on board, it usually costs to have both prints and digital images. Sometimes, if you purchase the digital images on board and you are a Captain's Club member, they throw in all the prints. We have never found that we would get a better deal waiting until we are on board to purchase the full package and, once, there was a huge price hike between purchasing the package and getting on board.

However, there seems no rhyme nor reason to the pricing structure. This time was the cheapest we have paid and we have been doing it for at least four years!

Once you are on board, just go to the photo shop, pick up your first prints, go to the desk, say that you have purchased the package and ask them to start a folder for you. Periodically, take any prints you are in to the desk and add them to your folder. On the last evening, you pick up your folder of prints and the CD.

If you purchase the package in advance online, you get both the prints of every photograph taken plus as CD which gives you access to the all the digital images online plus transfer of copyright. If you purchase the package on board, it usually costs to have both prints and digital images. Sometimes, if you purchase the digital images on board and you are a Captain's Club member, they throw in all the prints. We have never found that we would get a better deal waiting until we are on board to purchase the full package and, once, there was a huge price hike between purchasing the package and getting on board.

However, there seems no rhyme nor reason to the pricing structure. This time was the cheapest we have paid and we have been doing it for at least four years!

Once you are on board, just go to the photo shop, pick up your first prints, go to the desk, say that you have purchased the package and ask them to start a folder for you. Periodically, take any prints you are in to the desk and add them to your folder. On the last evening, you pick up your folder of prints and the CD.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, we couldn't purchase the package in advance because we waited until the day before the sailing and it was closed.

We want the CD and the prints...we are hoping this package is available onboard, and it isn't marked up too much from the online offer. We'll see when we get on the ship today!

Edited by DonnaK

Here is the reply I got from the photo company today - I had asked about the package that said all your photos+prints option

So either we have another misleading website or an out of line agent - now where have we had that before :rolleyes:

I have emailed back the query, is this another of ask the question three times get three answers.....

Hi,

The get the picture product would be a CD of digital images. You take the CD home and can print the photos as you wish. No hard prints are included..

Hilda Lopez

Support Representative

My Cruise Photos Support

http://support.mycruisephotos.com

Edited by uktog

I would like to know the actual format of the pictures. I've read somewhere that they are .emc

So it would then be impossible to use them with any popular photo viewer and it would be very difficult to transfer them in the standard jpeg format; some say they have their own program.

True or false ?

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Forums

I would like to know the actual format of the pictures. I've read somewhere that they are .emc

So it would then be impossible to use them with any popular photo viewer and it would be very difficult to transfer them in the standard jpeg format; some say they have their own program.

True or false ?

I got a DVD of my photos as a gift from the Guest Relations Manager in response to an issue I had on board.

It is a proprietary viewer that has to install itself to your computer, but from there you can export them as you wish and desire in multiple formats. I was able to move mine to my Facebook account just fine.

Hi Everyone ,

As this is my first cruise on a Celebrity cruises , I normally just buy one or two pictures .But haven't heard of a photo package before.

Can someone explain the 'Photo Package' , how does it work ,is it good value .

I am in the Penthouse for the first time ,I am wondering would they take a really good pic of the suite,(if I asked really nicely?) This will the first cruise for all my family so want lots of memories.

Cheers Deb

You could certainly ask, it might very well be doable.

Friends of ours on one cruise with us were celebrating a Special Occasion and they got the Photo Crew to take some posed (photo session type) shots up on the Lawn on The Solstice. As I understood it they didn't pay any extra as they had prepurchased the photo package.

As these Photographers are all 3rd Party and under contact to Celebrity... Your mileage could differ (ship to ship, cruise to cruise, personnel to personnel **)

They do do Photo Sessions "for a price" as well. Popular for Weddings, Anniversaries, Family Reunions, etc

Problem is being as they are a 3rd Party Contactor (see above **) it is hard to nail anyone person down in their Co with a definitive answer before you sail.

I hope that things work out for you as you hope,

*fingers crossed*

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Here is the reply I got from the photo company today - I had asked about the package that said all your photos+prints option

So either we have another misleading website or an out of line agent - now where have we had that before :rolleyes:

I have emailed back the query, is this another of ask the question three times get three answers.....

Hi,

The get the picture product would be a CD of digital images. You take the CD home and can print the photos as you wish. No hard prints are included..

Hilda Lopez

Support Representative

My Cruise Photos Support

http://support.mycruisephotos.com

I can confirm that the package I have just purchased states clearly "all digital photos and prints" on screen, on the printable confirmation and in the email I have received.

The first time I purchased the package in advance, it only said "all digital photos". When we enquired on board about upgrading to the prints as well, we were told different things by different people: either we would get the prints because we were Captain's Club members or it included the prints included automatically.

Each time between the two, we have always received the prints as well as the digital photos but I am not saying this will always be the case.

However, if you do not take the prints, they will simply be thrown away. They have to be retained until the end of the cruise so that you can ensure that all the photographs are included in the digital prints. They are always so busy on the final evening that I doubt they are in any position to work out who should have the prints and who should not.

Having said that, in view of the post [below] and my response, I would not like to guarantee anything. As the website said "prints" when I purchased the package, if it does not say that for your cruise, I would be a little concerned. There was a message when I purchased our package that it was a limited offer and "there may only be one package for your cruise". Although, when I went back in a second time after purchasing ours, the package was still offered.

You could certainly ask, it might very well be doable.

Friends of ours on one cruise with us were celebrating a Special Occasion and they got the Photo Crew to take some posed (photo session type) shots up on the Lawn on The Solstice. As I understood it they didn't pay any extra as they had prepurchased the photo package.

As these Photographers are all 3rd Party and under contact to Celebrity... Your mileage could differ (ship to ship, cruise to cruise, personnel to personnel **)

They do do Photo Sessions "for a price" as well. Popular for Weddings, Anniversaries, Family Reunions, etc

Problem is being as they are a 3rd Party Contactor (see above **) it is hard to nail anyone person down in their Co with a definitive answer before you sail.

I hope that things work out for you as you hope,

*fingers crossed*

Cheers!

I fully support this response. In our experience, some of the photo shop managers on board can be truly dreadful but, others, can be good. The manager on our 40th anniversary cruise was not good. He actually resented being asked by the concierge to telephone us with the schedule of where the photographers would be on our anniversary evening so that we could make sure that we had photograph taken on our special day. There is no way he would have sent someone to our PH! I am sure they are not all like that.

I have purchased it clearly says on all the screen shots I took during the process disc and prints and was like you Sue $200 which is worth it for some special memories we can share

I purchased the photo package on my cruise in May. i had priced out the package to be around $249 or more I went to the photo studio on the first day, and they suggested I wait until the following night, as there would be a special. The special turned out to be ALL the pictures we wanted, plus a DVD with all of our pictures. Usual cost was $399, but I got it for $299. My sister and her kids were in 3 cabins, and we were able to put all 3 cabins under the package.

For us, it was the BEST bargain for what we got. The kids took a lot of pictures, and just handed whatever ones they wanted to the photo staff. All went into a big envelope, which we collected on the last night. I'd estimate we took home about 50 prints, plus the DVD of all the rest.

I personally think we got a better bargain on board than pre-ordering from the photo company. Linking all 3 cabins was no problem, and not something we could have done ahead of time.