Can you book next cruise while onboard and for someone not on the cruise with you.

kakarp

My DW and I along with my DB and DSIL are thinking about booking for next Sept., 2015. DSIL and DB are taking a cruise next month with their children. If they book a cruise for next year while on their cruise and receive a $200 OBC would they be able to book the same cruise for my DW and I with the same deal? I looked at Carnival’s web site and can’t find any answers. My next step is to call Carnival after I receive any answers here.

Thanks again everyone

Kevin

They will get the additional 2 vouchers as posted above. But they can easily book it on board for you, too. I think the voucher route is the better way to go.

The $200 OBC is for cruises 12 days or longer. Like to Hawaii. 7-9 day cruises are $100 OBC and 6 day sailings get $75.

Edited by AdGuyMG

If you are going on the same cruise, there is no additional benefit to have them book for you or you using the vouchers. They end up being the same in the long run. IPersonally the vouchers would be better as you can book and then send in the voucher and not have any issues about what rate the agent onboard actually books for you.

I once booked a military rate on board and was given ES. How the booking goes depends on the person manning the future cruise desk. IMO you're better off getting the voucher and booking yourself.

Voucher is definitely the best choice.

What happened with your booking? You asked the Future Cruise Consultant to book you using the Military fare and they booked you Early Saver? That's a screwup!!

Since they will be given the voucher that can be given to you for the same OBC I don't see why they would need to book you while on the boat. I am not seeing the advantage. Other than OBC there aren't any better prices on board than what is listed for the general public.

I have booked a whole cruise for my daughter and her kids. We had their credit card info and their vifp club # and birthdays. Carnival did a complete booking just like they did for our cruise.

Can they book for us while onboard

We did this, about 2-3 years ago, booking a future cruise for ourselves and additional cabins for family members. So yes (unless it's changed... :confused: So of course, you should call & ask them.).

For the future cruise, we booked our cabin, plus 2 more cabins for DBIL + wife + 3 kids. And we got 6 vouchers, of which 3 were ultimately used by friends & family who joined us.

We booked the cheapest available cabin, knowing that DBIL could upgrade it (and did). We put the deposit on our credit card (because it was family) and DSIL promptly mailed us a check. :)

Good luck! Have fun on your cruise.

Ok my next dumb question. Do you pay a deposit up front for the Voucher?

No. Because all it is is On Board Credit. It has no monetary value.

In the old Future Cruise Certificate days you paid $100 for the voucher, had 2 years to use it and the $100 was credited onto your booking. It was also fully refundable.

The high number of refunds and the costs associated with administering the FCC program outweighed the benefits Carnival gained in bookings and the program was discontinued.

I once booked a military rate on board and was given ES. How the booking goes depends on the person manning the future cruise desk. IMO you're better off getting the voucher and booking yourself.

I booked my January 2015 B2B while on last year's cruise. I requested Military rate for both of them with the idea I'd change to ES after I got home. When I went to change it to ES, I discovered that one was military and the other one was ES. No problem since I planned to change it, but if I wanted to leave it as military, I would have possibly run into problems if I had to cancel or change.

I'll certainly read everything the next time I do this. She was backed up with people waiting so just took all of the info I gave her and brought the paperwork to my mailbox.