Tequila

purpletequila

Every bar will be able to pour you the tequila shots. There were some changes last spring in what spirits were available in the packages and at the end of some back and forth changes Celebrity posted a new list in this forum on the first thread in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

There is an attachment to that post which lists 5 call brands of Tequilla available on the Classic package including basic Jose Cuervo.

I don't think you have anything to worry about!:D

If you believe this then you probably haven't thought out doing 7 days of unlimited tequila shots! :rolleyes:

Greetings

Cuervo should be available for your enjoyment but limes are only covered by the Premium Package..

I sure hope that is a joke :confused:

Every bar will be able to pour you the tequila shots. There were some changes last spring in what spirits were available in the packages and at the end of some back and forth changes Celebrity posted a new list in this forum on the first thread in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

There is an attachment to that post which lists 5 call brands of Tequilla available on the Classic package including basic Jose Cuervo.

If you believe this then you probably haven't thought out doing 7 days of unlimited tequila shots! :rolleyes:

I sure hope that is a joke :confused:

Greetings

Of course it was a joke, that's why there was a smiley face. But earlier this year there was the "great lime shortage". Haven't seen any reports lately so I think the supply has returned.

Good Sailing

Tom

Well its sunday morning

And the sun is shining in my

Eye that is open

And my head is spinning

Was the life of the party

I can't stop grinning

I had too much tequllia last night

Jose Quervo

You are a friend of mine

I like to drink you with

A little salt and lime

Did I kiss all the cowboys

Did I shoot out the lights

Did I dance on the bar

Did I start any fights

Now wait a minute

Things don't look to familiar

Who is the cowboy whos sleeping beside me

Well he's awful cute

But how'd I get his shirt on

I had too much tequllia last night

Jose Quervo

You are a friend of mine

I like to drink you with

A little salt and lime

Did I dance on the bar

Did I start any fights

All those little shooters

How I love to drink them down

Come on bartender lets have another round

Well the music is playing

And my spirits are high

Tomorrow might be painful

But tonight we're going to fly

Jose Quervo

You are a friend of mine

I like to drink you with

A little salt and lime

Everytime we get together

I sure have a good time

You're my friend, you're the best

Mi amigo(Tequllia)

Jose Quervo

You are a friend of mine

I like to drink you with

A little salt and lime

Did I dance on the bar

Did I start any fights

Speaking of Tequila, there was Patron Anejo (premium) on each of my cruise, but it's not on the list anymore? Will have to take a closer look in december :p

Greetings

That's what I drink, it was available on the premium package last Feb. Hope it hasn't changed. Will be back on Connie in December looking for my "perfect" margaritas.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

That's what I drink, it was available on the premium package last Feb. Hope it hasn't changed. Will be back on Connie in December looking for my "perfect" margaritas.

Good Sailing

Tom

This bottle is $90 in Canada :eek:

Ha Ha!

Thanks everyone. I don't generally "do" beer and don't want the calories from their fruity dessert like daily concoctions so I was hoping this was covered. Double thanks for the list. I can deal with Cuervo. Was just trying to figure out what package I would have to upgrade to and you guys helped me decide. :D Bonus! I also now have a tequila song in my head. :D

Does anyone know if most bars onboard the Reflection sell tequila shots and if so, would they generally be covered by the classic package? Thanks. Btw, not too picky. Cuervo will do. ;)

I was determined to check this very same subject on our last cruise. I remember heading to the first bar to check it out and then the next thing I knew I was lying on the floor of our restroom with a monster headache and Mrs. Crazy was dumping a bucket of ice on my head telling me it was time to head to the beach. Sorry I can't remember the answer.

Edited by Crazy Cruzer

This bottle is $90 in Canada :eek:

Buy it in the states and bring it home. The Silver Patron is 79.95 here but 48.00 at Walmart in the states. Don Julio 1942 Anejo is 139.95 here but you can buy it in Mexico for 79.00 if you look. Not near the cruise ports but in the out of the way places.

Of course it's a matter of taste but off the classic list easily the best tequila listed was the Corazon Reposado.

That Jose Cuervo isn't even 100% blue agave. Makes for a worse hangover.

Silver Tequila doesn't give you a hangover either. You wake up right as rain. :-)

I was a bit bummed that the updated Premium Drink package Tequila listing did not include Patron or Don Julio Anjeo. However, it will motivate me to try some new brands namely Cazadores Anejo, Gran Centenario Reposado & Herradura.

Has anyone gotten a bartender to serve them some premium tequila in a whiskey glass for sipping purposes? Put one ice cube in and it's time to relax :cool:

Silver Tequila doesn't give you a hangover either. You wake up right as rain. :-)

The key is to buy tequilas that are 100% blue agave (not Jose Cuervo). Silver tequila is the same as reposado or anejo tequilas except not aged. Tequilas acquire their dark color from the used oak bourbon barrels that are normally used for the aging process. That is why silver tequila is generally sharper in taste than aged tequilas and are normally mixed in margaritas or "shot".

Has anyone gotten a bartender to serve them some premium tequila in a whiskey glass for sipping purposes? Put one ice cube in and it's time to relax :cool:

Many people prefer chilled tequilas but technically the proper way to drink fine tequila is neat using a snifter glass.

Buy it in the states and bring it home. The Silver Patron is 79.95 here but 48.00 at Walmart in the states. Don Julio 1942 Anejo is 139.95 here but you can buy it in Mexico for 79.00 if you look. Not near the cruise ports but in the out of the way places.

Patron silver can normally be found at most decent size liquor stores for around $35 - $37 per 750ml bottle. Patron reposado for around $41 and anejo for about $45. If you catch a good deal the anejo can be had about $5 cheaper.

Don Julio 1942 runs around $135 around here but my favorite store stocks it for $109 which is an excellent price. That same store stocks Don Julio Real for about $315 the last time I checked.

I also really enjoy trying different tequilas in Mexico. I've found some really good ones in the $45 dollar range. It's not always necessary to spend a lot of money for good product.