Kids NOT Potty Trained

ImageUploadedByForums1423102882.724491.jpg.a78992e9d7d694614460a7778f14771a.jpg

Here is another example of a blow-up bathtub on the pool deck. It worked for us very well. I had my own bucket and filled the tub with water from the showers on the pool deck. I emptied it down the drains on the pool deck floor. I had zero complaints from anyone. In fact, I was complimented many times on what a good idea it was.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

What is the water option, if any, on Oasis for little ones wearing swim diapers?

I don't know if the H2O Zones are all the same, but the one on Indy had a tiny section for kids still in diapers. The water was an inch high at most and it was much warmer than the rest of the H2O Zone. They also had one little fountain spraying water into the pool. They were very vigilant in policing the swim diaper rule while we were there.

I don't know if the H2O Zones are all the same, but the one on Indy had a tiny section for kids still in diapers. The water was an inch high at most and it was much warmer than the rest of the H2O Zone. They also had one little fountain spraying water into the pool. They were very vigilant in policing the swim diaper rule while we were there.

I can only speak to Oasis but it definitely has areas in the H20 zone for swim diaper kids. When we took my oldest daughter on back in 2013 she was 23 months and not yet fully potty trained. We had her in a swim diaper just in case and she had a blast!

Check your facts. Ecoli is found in fecal matter. Urine, OTOH, is relatively sterile. Not that I'm condoning either in a pool.

no facts to check as i didn't even mention fecal matter in my post. i just mentioned adults urinating in a pool as well as children, didn't say anything about feces did i?

Edited by Aintnofun007

LOL. I know this is just a joke (if every family with young kids brought their own pool, there would be no room left on the pool deck!), but based on some posts around here, people might think you are serious. :D

NOT a joke at all and is done more often than you think. parents either use it on their own balcony, or in an out of the way spot on the pool deck. no idea how they fill it though. many use them as impromptu bathtubs for the younger set as well.

OP: there may be an option to rent/borrow age appropriate toys from the Nursery/kids clubs. plus the idea is the kids have plenty to do in port, even if it is just playing on the beach.

Will they not allow a small child in the pool with even a swim diaper on?

NO. feces are full of bacteria and all it takes is one accident and the entire pool gets drained, possibly for the duration of the cruise.

and no swim diapers DO NOT CONTAIN the bacteria even if nothing 'solid' escapes.

I can't say for sure about which ships have them and which don't, but it is listed on the RCI website under FAQ, I know. Generally, it is only the newer ships, as these were built after the USPH adopted the guidelines listed below, in the last few years.

Only those ships with an "infant only recreational water facility" to use the USPH terminology allow non-potty trained kids in them. These facilities are more "spray" areas (water jets) than pool. There is very little standing water. They must meet stricter requirements for construction and operation than other water facilities onboard. The water "turn-over rate" (how many times an hour the water is filtered and sanitized) is higher than normal ship's pools/hot tubs. The filtration/chlorination system will also have a UV sterilizer that other pools don't have. There will be a crew member assigned full time to the pool to monitor for accidents and shut the facility down for cleaning immediately. The ship must have a supply of swim diapers available at the facility.

The requirement to ban non-potty trained kids from pools and splash pools is a USPH requirement, not a decision by the cruise line.

..............LOL. I know this is just a joke ( but based on some posts around here, people might think you are serious....

I thought this was a joke also.

Imagine if it happened, and seeing the photos of it when it has. My goodness, have people no shame, or consideration for others ?

.. feces are full of bacteria and all it takes is one accident and the entire pool gets drained, possibly for the duration of the cruise. and no swim diapers DO NOT CONTAIN the bacteria even if nothing 'solid' escapes.

OMG, is it really appropriate to discuss floating turds in the pool ?

As for kids in diapers in a pool. Disgusting.

Some people have No consideration.

some people have No Decorum.

A lot of people won’t know what that means, and those who do, think it doesn’t apply to them.

Shame on those parents who think diaper wearing children in the pool is allowed and normal.

Shame on those parents who bring inflatable pools on the deck for their prince or princess, at the complete inconsideration for others

Its a shame cruising has come to this level.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
lynn does not wear diapers.

Shame on those parents who bring inflatable pools on the deck for their prince or princess, at the complete inconsideration for others

boy tell us how you really feel? im just curious about the baby inflatable pool if they are out of the way, why is it the parents should be shamed. then tarred, feathered and made to walk the plank? also i dont think anyone mentioned turds in a pool, all the other posters never used terminology close to that but you...

Edited by Aintnofun007

I thought this was a joke also.

Imagine if it happened, and seeing the photos of it when it has. My goodness, have people no shame, or consideration for others ?

OMG, is it really appropriate to discuss floating turds in the pool ?

As for kids in diapers in a pool. Disgusting.

Some people have No consideration.

some people have No Decorum.

A lot of people won’t know what that means, and those who do, think it doesn’t apply to them.

Shame on those parents who think diaper wearing children in the pool is allowed and normal.

Seriously- it is barely as big as the baby and is maybe 18 inches X 24 inches and fits between two lounge chairs. Get a grip! I doubt it will take any room away from you. LOL

boy tell us how you really feel? im just curious about the baby inflatable pool if they are out of the way, why is it the parents should be shamed. then tarred, feathered and made to walk the plank? also i dont think anyone mentioned turds in a pool, all the other posters never used terminology close to that but you...

Exactly right- it is maybe 18 inches X 24 inches and does not take up anymore room then a very large tote bag sitting on the side. Some people need to get a grip!

Exactly right- it is maybe 18 inches X 24 inches and does not take up anymore room then a very large tote bag sitting on the side. Some people need to get a grip!

people def need to get a grip, everyone is so worried about what everyone else is doing. if the pool is in the middle of the running track then say something if its tucked between two chairs i don't see it being an issue.

ive said it before and i'll say it again, a lot of people just dont like kids on a cruise. it comes out on this forum post after post.. which everyone is entitled to their opinion. i just always laugh and say Ive come across a lot more rude and entitled adults/seniors on a cruise than a rude 5 year old. not saying there aren't horrible kids (mainly because of poor parenting or lack of parenting) but im sure there are just as many horrible adults. i bet if you could poll the cruise staff itself and see who has been the rudest to them im sure it wouldn't be children..

people also seem to forgot that it costs money for kids to cruise, actually for the most part i would assume they are subsidizing your cruise fair. my daughter has been cruising since shes like 7 months for the first few cruises we brought everything with us (food, water, formula) and im sure she was pure profit for RCCL.

Edited by Aintnofun007

right cuz im sure not one adult is urinating in the adult pool.. please

urine is sterile when it comes out. the other stuff.. not so much. and it's the other stuff that carries all the bacteria and nasty icky bits that lead to sickness on board.

you know what> I hate kids. have nothing positive to say about anybody's kids under any circumstances. they are shrill creatures that have no control and are not being taught control by the adults in their lives

but I digress. i would MUCH rather have a parent provide their non potty trained child a personal private blow up bathtub/pool play area and thus Junior NOT shriek his defiance/dissatisfaction at not being allowed in the regular pool. and WHO SAID that parents are spreading six dozen of them all over the main pool deck?! NOT A SINGLE PERSON. in fact most of them I would bet stick to their balconies.

One, maybe two at most and almost every single time they have been in a back row/corner NOWHERE in the way of ANYONE using the main pool deck.. whether they are swimming, hot tubbing, watching other kids swim or just walking from the Gym to the Buffet.

I would argue that such parents are showing GREAT CONSIDERATION for their fellow passengers by minimizing the chances that their child would be disruptive by being proactive and doing that whole parenting thing by taking on the responsibility for their child's amusement/entertainment.

people def need to get a grip, everyone is so worried about what everyone else is doing. if the pool is in the middle of the running track then say something if its tucked between two chairs i don't see it being an issue.

ive said it before and i'll say it again, a lot of people just dont like kids on a cruise. it comes out on this forum post after post.. which everyone is entitled to their opinion. i just always laugh and say Ive come across a lot more rude and entitled adults/seniors on a cruise than a rude 5 year old. not saying there aren't horrible kids (mainly because of poor parenting or lack of parenting) but im sure there are just as many horrible adults. i bet if you could poll the cruise staff itself and see who has been the rudest to them im sure it wouldn't be children..

people also seem to forgot that it costs money for kids to cruise, actually for the most part i would assume they are subsidizing your cruise fair. my daughter has been cruising since shes like 7 months for the first few cruises we brought everything with us (food, water, formula) and im sure she was pure profit for RCCL.

Don't "assume". Kids actually tend to cost the cruiseline money and do nothing to subsidize anyone's cruise FARE. What does make a profit are things like alcohol, gambling, bingo, spa treatments and the like - none of which are indulged in by children.

I would argue that such parents are showing GREAT CONSIDERATION for their fellow passengers by minimizing the chances that their child would be disruptive by being proactive and doing that whole parenting thing by taking on the responsibility for their child's amusement/entertainment.

You make a great argument. What you say is well written and well thought out.

However, as usual it is not the childrens fault.

Just the Mom and Pops who abuse the system and lower the standards for others.

Its awful that the actions of others (bringing on blow up pools etc) affect the enjoyment for the majority.

Don't "assume". Kids actually tend to cost the cruiseline money and do nothing to subsidize anyone's cruise FARE. What does make a profit are things like alcohol, gambling, bingo, spa treatments and the like - none of which are indulged in by children.

Agreed, The Kids put many people off from booking a cruise, again its the parents fault for not ensuring they are "seen but not heard".

Dont forget the threads title......

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn has never worn diapers. But does like children

While I have crossed swords with Spookwife in the past, I generally applaud what is said above, except that I like some children (generally my own, but also other well behaved and responsible ones).

Actually, while I have repeatedly stated that the cabin fare only covers the overhead of the cruise, and onboard revenue is the profit, that is somewhat misleading when considering what you are saying. The normal occupancy cabin fares are calculated to cover the overhead. Third and fourth pax in a cabin (generally where the little creatures are), are pure profit as well. Kids don't cost the lines' anything more than another passenger, and actually, again, the 3rd/4th guests cost less, which is why they have these discount promotions. They can discount and still make money.

urine is sterile when it comes out. the other stuff.. not so much. and it's the other stuff that carries all the bacteria and nasty icky bits that lead to sickness on board.

for the third time, i never debated that.. i said urine, go back and read my first post

actually they dont "cost more" they may cause a loss of revenue due to non adult activities, but i did not say loss of revenue. i said does not cost the cruiseline more money than adult...

The normal occupancy cabin fares are calculated to cover the overhead. Third and fourth pax in a cabin (generally where the little creatures are), are pure profit as well. Kids don't cost the lines' anything more than another passenger, and actually, again, the 3rd/4th guests cost less, which is why they have these discount promotions. They can discount and still make money.

exactly!

While I have crossed swords with Spookwife in the past, I generally applaud what is said above, except that I like some children (generally my own, but also other well behaved and responsible ones).

i agree, no one should have to be forced to like kids. but you can't lump all kids together either. i have friends who kids we do not go out to eat with because it is so embarrassing, and they are my friends. i could imagine if i had to deal with there kids as a stranger at another table. but lumping all kids together is ignorant, are you also a racist do you lump all minorities, gender, etc together (not saying you chengkp, not directed in response to your post) just as general about saying all kids are vile