{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

Good Morning Everyone!!! Yesterday while in port in San Juan Divina was blessed with a USBH (United States Board Of Health) surprise inspection. I am happy to announce that she scored a 96 out of a possible 100. FLAMOM,,when you are on board next week, you may find the Galaxy Disco without a certain DJ. He will be boarding a plane once we arrive in Miami. From what we have learned, they had found some cake hidden by the dj in the Galaxy Disco.

Today,, we are invited to another cocktail party with the Captain as well as questions and answers with Captain Scala at 3:00pm. If there are any questions you might want me to ask the Captain,,please let me know before 2:30,,and I'll try and find the answer for you.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Catharine Sarfin and for those interested in Future Cruise Credit. For $10.00 you can purchase a future onboard cruise credit. Depending on the stateroom category you book, you will receive between a $100.00 and up to a $400.00 onboard credit. Inside staterooms receive $100.00 credit,,,Yacht Club receives $400.00 and this applies only to the stateroom and not per person. This only applies to new bookings made within 18 months of purchase,,so it looks like I'll be canceling one sailing and rebooking the same sailing to have the $400.00 credit applied.:)

Good morning Mike.....well there's your way to stay on Divina indefinitely......know how to spin the records...........wow that shows my age..........:D

I'm not sure I would like to work on the ship itself. Our bartender Dayman as well as most of the service staff we have talked with, work 77 hour weeks. They will work a 14 to 15 hour day, everyday,,with a 3 hour and 1 hour break in between. Our poor bartender was up till 3:00am deep cleaning the bar to prepare for a possible inspection, which only happens whenever Divina pulls into a US port.

Hi Mikesa1721

My daughter would like to have a watch from Michael Kors but here, they are very expensive.

Can you please check if they sell articles (watch, bracelet etc.) from Michael Kors?

Thanks in advance

We did venture into one of the stores last night and did find some Michael Kors watches for men and women. Because they are behind a locked glass case, we could only see the price tag for a few of them. We found mens and women's watches from $300.00 to $215.00. I'll get some pics for you so you can see what the selections are. I believe there are also Michael Kors handbags as well but will verify this today as well.:)

FLAMOM: Just came from your stateroom 15031,,well,,the door at least. Your stateroom is at the end of a hallway and directly across from one of the sliding glass door entryways into the elevator vestibules. There seems to be some foot traffic in this area, but not enough to keep you awake at night. Your butler, "Putra" is from Indonesia and will be leaving the ship on the 6th of September. Hopefully I'll be able to upload a few pics of the hallway and surrounding areas today.:D

Catharine Sarfin and for those interested in Future Cruise Credit. For $10.00 you can purchase a future onboard cruise credit. Depending on the stateroom category you book, you will receive between a $100.00 and up to a $400.00 onboard credit. Inside staterooms receive $100.00 credit,,,Yacht Club receives $400.00 and this applies only to the stateroom and not per person. This only applies to new bookings made within 18 months of purchase,,so it looks like I'll be canceling one sailing and rebooking the same sailing to have the $400.00 credit applied.:)

Mike, be very careful with these vouchers. There are t&c's attached. You can only use them on certain pricings - "brochure price" and "early booking" rates. Sometimes other promotions work out cheaper than the benefits afforded by the voucher.

Mike, be very careful with these vouchers. There are t&c's attached. You can only use them on certain pricings - "brochure price" and "early booking" rates. Sometimes other promotions work out cheaper than the benefits afforded by the voucher.

Thanks Beam!!! I'm going to call my pvc on Monday and see if I can use this voucher on any one of my next 4 sailings!!! I did find out for you the Brandy which is served in the Yacht Club,,It is Italian,,Vechia Romagna,,Loius the 13th is available at $2600.00 a bottle if you prefer to go that route??:p

Hi, and thanks for posting this ...

I did a quick search, but could not get the answer, do you mind posting the Internet / WiFi price plans?

thank you

Caveman,,, 60 minutes -- 29.90

100 minutes -- 49.90

300 minutes -- 99.90

480 minutes -- 149.90

1440 minutes -- 299.90

Actually, I'd like to know if any brandy and Sambuca is included in steerage with the regular (not premium) drink COUPONS?

Thanks again for doing this detective work!

JK,,,the only Brandy onboard is the Vechia Romagna,,,I'll check on the Sambuca though:D

Actually, I'd like to know if any brandy and Sambuca is included in steerage with the regular (not premium) drink COUPONS?

Thanks again for doing this detective work!

we had Metaxsa, Greek randy on all out other MSC Cruises, so, i think it will be available on Divina?

Thanks Beam!!! I'm going to call my pvc on Monday and see if I can use this voucher on any one of my next 4 sailings!!! I did find out for you the Brandy which is served in the Yacht Club,,It is Italian,,Vechia Romagna,,Loius the 13th is available at $2600.00 a bottle if you prefer to go that route??:p

Thanks Mike - I think I'll have to head to the lower decks for my after dinner cognac using my Allegrissimo - "brandy" and "Italian" don't do it for me LOL

As for Louis, perhaps on my TA next March :D:D

MAJOR EDIT: I've just read your reply to jk re brandy onboard - they have a couple of choices in the Med I just can't remember now which brands - I'm pretty sure Hennessy was one. I certainly put serious dents in their supply of Remi Martin XO when I had the premium package!!

Edited by Beamafar

Mike, you never told us what happened at embarkation with your Bloody Mary mix.

I'll go into more detail once I'm back home,,but I'll tell you this,,,if you're going to bring on water, soda,,drink mixes,,do not try and hide them in your carry on or checked luggage. I was told to keep them in a bag or in plain site so you don't have to take the walk of shame to the search and seizure area!!!! I was able to bring my half gallon of Zing Zang onboard without any problems after being detained for 45 minutes. Needless to say, our group and butler were not to happy with me :(:(

I'll go into more detail once I'm back home,,but I'll tell you this,,,if you're going to bring on water, soda,,drink mixes,,do not try and hide them in your carry on or checked luggage. I was told to keep them in a bag or in plain site so you don't have to take the walk of shame to the search and seizure area!!!! I was able to bring my half gallon of Zing Zang onboard without any problems after being detained for 45 minutes. Needless to say, our group and butler were not to happy with me :(:(

Oh, I bet you were very embarrassed. The only liquids we have brought on was distilled water for a CPAP. Had to show it to them at X-ray in the terminal. Now hubby just uses those special nose strips instead of fooling with it. HAL provided d. water for him but haven't asked MSC.

FLAMOM - AUSSIE - MAUREEN,,,I am sad to announce that Nutella is not available for purchase onboard the ship. You can purchase the crepes as well as the milkshakes, but the jars are not available for purchase.:(

AWWW NUTs(ELLA). My boys aren't so in to souvenirs any longer (too old) so I thought I'd win "mom of the year" award if I were to bring home a giant jar of NUTELLA. Oh well... Thanks for checking! Maybe I'll get the recipes for those crepes and milkshakes and make them at home for them ;)

If you get this in time and you have a chance..would you ask the captain what the possible plans are for next week's journey? There are 3 different systems brewing out there. Just curious what the options are for dodging them :P

THANK YOU!

Edited by FLAMOM24

FLAMOM: Just came from your stateroom 15031,,well,,the door at least. Your stateroom is at the end of a hallway and directly across from one of the sliding glass door entryways into the elevator vestibules. There seems to be some foot traffic in this area, but not enough to keep you awake at night. Your butler, "Putra" is from Indonesia and will be leaving the ship on the 6th of September. Hopefully I'll be able to upload a few pics of the hallway and surrounding areas today.:D

AWESOME! He (?) will probably need a vacation after dealing with the 3 of us! :p Thank you for checking into that. I knew we were near the entrance...hopefully there won't be too much noise. Where's my zzzquil? ;)

I will be taking any and all MSC Divina questions, from embarkation to debarkation and everything in between and post a list of answers and pics, as I get them, in this thread,,,,,with that said, let's get our trip together started!!!!

Did you happen to notice if they have any disabled pool lifts in any of the the pool areas ? The type at hotels used to assist a disabled guest into a pool ? ty in advance , grant

ive also attached a picture for reference in case you havent seen one ...

ty again, grant

pool.jpg.bae6db5ff1bc3a30dcc1b080446efee7.jpg

Did you happen to notice if they have any disabled pool lifts in any of the the pool areas ? The type at hotels used to assist a disabled guest into a pool ? ty in advance , grant

ive also attached a picture for reference in case you havent seen one ...

ty again, grant

No there is none of those lifts.

Last week, I took aboard a 12 pack of sodas and a small amount of rum, some others took lots of rum, and yet others took sodas. None of us were questioned or had items taken. I bought a bottle of rum at the duty free on the dock in Falmouth and fully expected to have it taken until the end of the voyage--it was a single bottle in a duty free bag and they didn't even look at it. Beyond that, Divina didn't seem to have anyone to collect our liquor upon returning. Nothing was concealed and all items were in checked luggage.

AWESOME! He (?) will probably need a vacation after dealing with the 3 of us! :p Thank you for checking into that. I knew we were near the entrance...hopefully there won't be too much noise. Where's my zzzquil? ;)

We have stayed in 15031 and there was no noise from the entry door. We had a kid that one night banged on our door twice late at night, went to concierge to report and there he stood with 2 adults. They have very good security cams on all areas of the YC so they knew who he was. That was the only time we were "disturbed". I know you will really like that cabin. We will be next door in Nov. in 15029!!