Just off Navigator - A review

TC1957

Mary Anne... I think we (me, hubby and two boys) shared a cab with you to Nachi.

Cheryl

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Cheryl,

We did share a cab to Nachi with a family that sounds just like yours. We really enjoyed Nachi. We will go back there if we ever go back to Cozumel. Hopefully, your debarkation was better than ours!

Mary Anne

"Moving on, we were please that The Texas Tenors got on the ship in Belize. They were, by far, the best show. My grade; 10"

We were on the Navigator last February and the Texas Tenors got on the ship in Belize. They were awesome! I am back on the Navigator in 19 days..... hope they hop back on again

Was using a porter quicker? We were in the same group as Mary Anne to get off the ship, and we did not get out of customs until 12:30, but we did not use a porter (mainly not really sure if we could find one in the madhouse that terminal was in when we entered it).

Also agree on the piano player in the MBR, it seems he started each night with a song from Frozen, usually the same one.

Was using a porter quicker? We were in the same group as Mary Anne to get off the ship, and we did not get out of customs until 12:30, but we did not use a porter (mainly not really sure if we could find one in the madhouse that terminal was in when we entered it).

Also agree on the piano player in the MBR, it seems he started each night with a song from Frozen, usually the same one.

I don't know if it's still true, but in the past the porters got their own line, so it was quicker.

I knew that the porter line would be quicker, but still went to get our luggage first and deposited hubby and kids by the door. Waited in porter line for about a half hour to get a porter, then about 15 minutes to get through customs. I really think all of this would be much better if people followed the disembarking schedule and didn't just try to leave whenever.

Thanks for your review! We were onboard in May, and go again in September. We have all but given up on MDR as the wait is just not worth it and many of the same foods are available in WJ, and we go to some of the specialty restaurants. Fine dining seems to be nicer there, and for a lot less than we would pay at home. Also leaves more time for shows and entertainment. Just an FYI, the porters will push you and your luggage right thru customs. Well worth the tip!! Again, thanks for the update on NOS.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Gweedo... I have them and will post them all. Hopefully this week.

Thank you very much.:) I will look forward to reading them. I am a bit of a planner when it comes to vacations.:D Also would you have any info on the cost of internet use? My DH would appreciate that.

Edited by gweedo

Cruise compass - missing Day 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ws8dykfet0jh0x/compass_nos_20140910.pdf

Sorry, I thought I had kept the internet pricing sheet, but got thrown out along the line somewhere. There were lots of X minutes/hours from time of purchase options. There might be something in one of the cruise compass advertising a 3 day deal.

Seams to me a single device, entire 7 days was around $179.

Edited by AustinCruise

"Moving on, we were please that The Texas Tenors got on the ship in Belize. They were, by far, the best show. My grade; 10"

We were on the Navigator last February and the Texas Tenors got on the ship in Belize. They were awesome! I am back on the Navigator in 19 days..... hope they hop back on again

Sailing on Sunday hopefully we will have the Texas Tenors on our cruise we have heard great things about them.

Thank you very much.:) I will look forward to reading them. I am a bit of a planner when it comes to vacations.:D Also would you have any info on the cost of internet use? My DH would appreciate that.

As of late May 2014:

rclinet.jpeg

We have the Texas Tenors on the Voyager of the Seas shortly after their America's Got Talent shows. They were great.

Did you see Phil Anderson in the Schooner Bar? And Bubba Feathers in Boleros or the Deck 5 lounge?

Thanks for the review.

Speaking of Disembarking : We live in Austin and will be bringing only two pieces of luggage. Can we keep our bags and leave when want? or what is the best way for us to disembark?

Also, I remember the last time I received internet on a cruise it was so slow it wasn't really worth purchasing it. Have things improved? Is it a bit faster now?

Oh, and one more thing. This is our first cruise since we became diamond members. What can we expect in the concierge lounge?

Edited by libertybelle41

Thanks for the review.

Speaking of Disembarking : We live in Austin and will be bringing only two pieces of luggage. Can we keep our bags and leave when want? or what is the best way for us to disembark?

Also, I remember the last time I received internet on a cruise it was so slow it wasn't really worth purchasing it. Have things improved? Is it a bit faster now?

Oh, and one more thing. This is our first cruise since we became diamond members. What can we expect in the concierge lounge?

You can keep your bags and do self-assist disembarkation.

Diamond members have access to the Diamond Lounge, not the Conciege Lounge, unless you are in a Grand Suite or better. Complementary drinks (soda, selected beers, house wine/champagne, basic mixed drinks) during the nightly happy hour. Continental breakfast every morning. 24 hour free specialty coffee.

Edited by clarea