How do you get in the Concierge Lounge?

kybill

I also think the room is unmarked (also could be mistkaken...) --Judy

You're right Judy, the room is unmarked. You also won't find it on any maps on the ship. We didn't realize that until our Concierge told us.

Thank you. I will also be sure to pack a brochure that way I can see it on the deck plans.

Actually you can see the Concierge Club on the 10th Deck next to the "hump" elevator. I believe that is the location :D Try this link

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=10&shipCode=RD&shipProfile=1064&sailDate=1050820&hasNavigation=false

###

herecomesthesun: I think that children travelling with their parents and in an adjacent cabin should be included with the Concierge privileges. Now consider your statement about "family members or members of a group." If I'm with a group of 40 (and let's say they're family members) and I'm the only one in a suite and with privileges, should the rest of my "group" be allowed in the lounge? No. Then the question is how a large a "group" should be included. There's no fair way to decide this, so the rule is no guests. The circumstances don't make it right. It doesn't matter if the Concierge says "fine, bring everyone onboard." Each of us is responsible for our own behavior. I would say, "no, thank you" if I wasn't "legally" eligible. If I was eligible, I would also ask the Concierge to follow the rules, and go over their head if necessary.

I do think there will be more enforcement as more and more pax are eligible, and will expect to be able to use the lounge. Especially with the reciprocal benefits with Celebrity. Their Diamond equivalent members are now all eligible. Cruising is a popular vacation, so there will be more and more Diamond members overall.

Charles4515: The bottom line is that the Concierge lounge is a special perk and should be treated that way. Saying, "well, someone invited me and I know we're breaking the rules, but it's not my fault" is a rationalization--we seem to have more and more of those everyday.

BTW, I don't "worry" about pax who cheat this way. I consider it a matter of right and wrong. But your wrong is your problem. This is a public forum; what did you expect? That we would all say, "hey, great; let's all try to get into the Concierge lounge; maybe it's big enough to hold all 2000 or more pax onboard!" (We must let everyone in because after all, where do you draw the line? behind you?)

I realize it doesn't matter what we think, you'll rationalize doing something you know isn't right by saying that it wasn't your idea.

beachchick

Let me guess you walk in! Is the lounge open to the public? Or does it require a key? We've had this service on NCL in the past but this will be our first time to have this service on RCCL.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Bill

What NCL ship has a Concierge Lounge?

herecomesthesun: I think that children travelling with their parents and in an adjacent cabin should be included with the Concierge privileges. Now consider your statement about "family members or members of a group." If I'm with a group of 40 (and let's say they're family members) and I'm the only one in a suite and with privileges, should the rest of my "group" be allowed in the lounge? No. Then the question is how a large a "group" should be included. There's no fair way to decide this, so the rule is no guests. The circumstances don't make it right. It doesn't matter if the Concierge says "fine, bring everyone onboard." Each of us is responsible for our own behavior. I would say, "no, thank you" if I wasn't "legally" eligible. If I was eligible, I would also ask the Concierge to follow the rules, and go over their head if necessary.

I do think there will be more enforcement as more and more pax are eligible, and will expect to be able to use the lounge. Especially with the reciprocal benefits with Celebrity. Their Diamond equivalent members are now all eligible. Cruising is a popular vacation, so there will be more and more Diamond members overall.

Charles4515: The bottom line is that the Concierge lounge is a special perk and should be treated that way. Saying, "well, someone invited me and I know we're breaking the rules, but it's not my fault" is a rationalization--we seem to have more and more of those everyday.

BTW, I don't "worry" about pax who cheat this way. I consider it a matter of right and wrong. But your wrong is your problem. This is a public forum; what did you expect? That we would all say, "hey, great; let's all try to get into the Concierge lounge; maybe it's big enough to hold all 2000 or more pax onboard!" (We must let everyone in because after all, where do you draw the line? behind you?)

I realize it doesn't matter what we think, you'll rationalize doing something you know isn't right by saying that it wasn't your idea.

beachchick

Children are only permitted in the Concierge Lounge during daytime hours yet one set of parents insisted on bringing in their 3 YO in the evenings so they could have their free cocktail. It obviously made the concierge uncomfortable and she did on one occasion take the father aside. I was standing close by and heard her remind him of the policy. He smiled, said they would only be a minute, and then was there for half an hour.

No matter what limits the cruise line sets, there is a subset of pax who will ignore them for their own personal convenience.

I would prefer children not be allowed at any time personally.

Also, Celebrity does not have concierge lounges on their ship so this privilege is limited to RCI. I think these lounges are overcroweded already; on several evenings we could not find a seat at all. The time will come, soon I hope, where these restrictions will be enforced and new ones implemented. The lounges are simply not set up to handle the number of Diamond members they already have.

I wouldn't be opposed to having the concierge ask for your cabin number when you enter the lounge to check against a "list". This is how it is done at many hotels that have a special breakfast lounge for frequent guests. The list would be of all qualifying cabins (suites) plus any Diamond level passengers and their cabin number.

Or if they felt that people would "lie" :eek: about their cabin number, a check of your SeaPass and id would be fine with me. This is what they do at most frequent flier lounges at airports.

I've never been to the RCCL Concierge Lounge. First time will be 1/14/06 on JOS since we decided to book a suite. It sounds like you receive a special access card. How exactly would a non-qualifying passenger get into the lounge without a card? Sneak in? Get "invited"?

Does it have a balcony on it.

No, not even a window. We did go there a few times, but it's really not that big of a deal in my opinion. When I'm on a cruise, I want to enjoy a cocktail where I can see the beautiful ocean.

On AOS, we had no overcrowding issues. One family with very young children who were running around squealing and jumping on furniture was asked to leave (after 5 pm). The parents threw a major hissy and threatened to get the concierge fired. Amazing.

I wouldn't be opposed to having the concierge ask for your cabin number when you enter the lounge to check against a "list". This is how it is done at many hotels that have a special breakfast lounge for frequent guests. The list would be of all qualifying cabins (suites) plus any Diamond level passengers and their cabin number.

Or if they felt that people would "lie" :eek: about their cabin number, a check of your SeaPass and id would be fine with me. This is what they do at most frequent flier lounges at airports.

I've never been to the RCCL Concierge Lounge. First time will be 1/14/06 on JOS since we decided to book a suite. It sounds like you receive a special access card. How exactly would a non-qualifying passenger get into the lounge without a card? Sneak in? Get "invited"?

Yes, you have a key for entry. So, someone could "loan" their access key to someone else, or wait and walk in when door is open, one person who has the right to be there to bring in a group who do not, etc.

I think better controls are in order but with one person doing everything, the concierges get very busy and this would be tough.

I would prefer children not be allowed at any time personally.

We plan to eat breakfast at the lounge on our upcoming cruise -- at this time of the day, when the lounge is not crowded, and at that time of day our children are still very mellow, there should be no problem. I can't imagine that they would even be interested in visiting the lounge at other times of day, especially during the afternoon cocktail reception!:confused: They would be bored, and there are certainly to shortage of other things for them to do on the ship...plus, they will already have soda cards, so they can get "free" pop anytime.

I wonder if you were in the lounge the same time we were on AOS with the "who me?" parents... January 2005? Or does this happen all the time?

I couldn't believe these two with this little boy. He was climbing all over the furniture and into all of the food. The parents were just worried that the poor little thing would fall off the back of the sofa and hurt himself.

--Judy

No, not even a window. We did go there a few times, but it's really not that big of a deal in my opinion. When I'm on a cruise, I want to enjoy a cocktail where I can see the beautiful ocean.

On AOS, we had no overcrowding issues. One family with very young children who were running around squealing and jumping on furniture was asked to leave (after 5 pm). The parents threw a major hissy and threatened to get the concierge fired. Amazing.

I wonder if you were in the lounge the same time we were on AOS with the "who me?" parents... January 2005? Or does this happen all the time?

I couldn't believe these two with this little boy. He was climbing all over the furniture and into all of the food. The parents were just worried that the poor little thing would fall off the back of the sofa and hurt himself.

--Judy

No, Thanksgiving 2003. I've got two children myself and we didn't invite them to come to the cocktail hour after 5 pm because we read that it was the policy (also they would have been bored stiff). Funny how so many people think exceptions should be made for them. I know, I know, the old "It's my vacation and I paid for it, therefore I should get anything I want" mentality.

I am going on my 1st RCI cruise in Oct. and I think the Concierge lounge should be for Suite people only. This is my 1st cruise on RCI and I am in an OS. Why should a Diamond member in an inside stateroom get the same treatment as me.

I understand that you have been on many RCI cruises and they should do something for you, however there is a good chance that I will be spending more money on my one RCI cruise than some of the Diamond cruiser have spent on there 10, 20 30 cruises.

I would rather see suite cruisers invite their friends to the concierge instead of Diamond cruisers. So what if you have had many cruises on a cruise line you have not paid for the special services.

I understand that a suite friend might not have paid for the service, however the person bringing them in the room did.

Maybe they should have another room for repeat customers. Again I bet anybody (unless in the Royal Suite) is paying less for there cruise than I am. Why should someone who is paying less get the same andvanages as me?

Why should a Diamond member in an inside stateroom get the same treatment as me.

I will be spending more money on my one RCI cruise than some of the Diamond cruiser have spent on there 10, 20 30 cruises.

I would rather see suite cruisers invite their friends to the concierge instead of Diamond cruisers. So what if you have had many cruises on a cruise line you have not paid for the special services.

I understand that a suite friend might not have paid for the service, however the person bringing them in the room did.

Maybe they should have another room for repeat customers. Again I bet anybody (unless in the Royal Suite) is paying less for there cruise than I am. Why should someone who is paying less get the same andvanages as me?

Don't you think you are special!! And why should a friend of yours (who hasn't paid for the privledge or earned the privledge) have the right to go to the lounge before someone who has cruised and been a loyal customer of RCCL?? And what does how much you have paid for your cruise have to do with anything other than make you feel superior!

And what does how much you have paid for your cruise have to do with anything other than make you feel superior!
It has to do with paying for the right to enter. On most other lines, similar suites are only open to those who have paid for the priviledge by booking suites.

And why yell!

It has to do with paying for the right to enter. On most other lines, similar suites are only open to those who have paid for the priviledge by booking suites.

And why yell!

Yelling is when it is in all caps! And just because he paid for the privledge that gives his guests who haven't paid for the right to enter by association?

Archived