Port Arrival Time - Freedom of the Seas

If you are willing to go away from where you are headed, your Mom should be able to find something on S. Semoran Blvd.;):p

There is a Cracker Barrel, PF Changs, Chili's, Bonefish Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse, Chipotle and many more.

It is rte 436, S Semoran BLvd. If you ever rented from Hertz in years past, it is where their offsite rental place used to be. It is now their sales place. Not too far, just not on the exact way to the port.

I think we're going to have to go the other direction before heading to the port. I had gotten the correct directions out of the airport to get right on 528 East, and now I'm going to have to figure out how to get out so I'm heading towards the many chain restaurants, then back onto 528 East.

By the time you land (hopefully on time), gather your luggage, get your rental car and drive the 45-1hr to the port you may be cutting it very close!

Hopefully there are no wrecks or traffic delays coming from Orlando..:eek:

528 AKA the "beach line" is a straight shot, very little traffic route. At the most

45 minutes. This is not New York. ;)

McDonalds I can do without. Just hoping for a sit down chain (so that everyone will be happy enough with a menu they already know) to get a bite of dinner before we head to the hotel for the night.

Thanks for the info.

There are several other restaurants in the area. Many in that Publix shopping

plaza. You should not go hungry for sure.

If you go to the Publix on Clear Lake (exit 45) there's a great little family diner in that same plaza:)

If that is the one you are talking about...it is called "Country Cookin'"? It used to be

one of my customers, but if that is the same one, it is only open for breakfast and

lunch.

McDonalds I can do without. Just hoping for a sit down chain (so that everyone will be happy enough with a menu they already know) to get a bite of dinner before we head to the hotel for the night.

Thanks for the info.

http://coconutsonthebeach.com/

Wherever you eat dinner, afterwards go have froyo here: https://www.facebook.com/IDreamOfYogurt

Edited by Merion_Mom

Your flight arrival time makes me very nervous! between possible delays, getting bags & rental car, driving from Orlando to Port Canaveral and checking in on time my nerves would be shot!!

But then I am one to always travel the day before to make sure nothing goes wrong! where are you flying from?

what is the latest time you can check in?

BTW, have you joined our meet and mingle roll call?? we are on the same sailing 8/31!

We are flying in from Springfield, MO thru Atlanta, GA on Delta. Work makes it impossible for us to fly in day prior to cruise so we are forced to take our chances and hope for the best. We have flown into Orlando once/twice a year for the past 5 years so we are pretty familiar with the airport / rental car situation and have done the drive to Port Canaveral twice in the last year .. (while that isn't often compared to a lot of cruise addicts .. it's more than enough for my DH :-) )

I'll really be stressing .. but I'm hoping for the best.

We are flying in from Springfield, MO thru Atlanta, GA on Delta. Work makes it impossible for us to fly in day prior to cruise so we are forced to take our chances and hope for the best. We have flown into Orlando once/twice a year for the past 5 years so we are pretty familiar with the airport / rental car situation and have done the drive to Port Canaveral twice in the last year .. (while that isn't often compared to a lot of cruise addicts .. it's more than enough for my DH :-) )

I'll really be stressing .. but I'm hoping for the best.

We'll make sure the captain waits for you! :-). Are you coming to the meet and greet?

your best bet is to go over the 528 coming out of the airport, there is a Friday's, Longhorn, Carrarabas and Bone Fish on your left. Then you can easily get back on the 528 east to Cocoa beach. To answer your question, NO there is nothing like that between MCO and Cocoa Beach.

Better hope there's no thunderstorms in the area either. If it's lighting at the airport they will not unload the baggage from the airplane until it stops. I went thru MCO last week and there were people waiting for over 2.5 hours for their luggage. Fortunately summer thunderstorms are usually late afternoon.

Aft Cabins Rule

Better hope there's no thunderstorms in the area either. If it's lighting at the airport they will not unload the baggage from the airplane until it stops. I went thru MCO last week and there were people waiting for over 2.5 hours for their luggage. Fortunately summer thunderstorms are usually late afternoon.

Aft Cabins Rule

That's precisely why we are planning to pack everything that we "have" to have to truly enjoy our vacation carried on the plane with us in carryons .. the suitcase that is checked will have those extra pairs of shorts/shirts etc that I always tend to overpack .. and then give us space to bring stuff home.