Getting off your cruise ship in Belize

jjswiech

We are leaving on the Carnival Dream this Sunday - and Belize is one of our Ports.

We are traveling with our 4 kids and I was wondering if I am allowed to take snacks that we have, off of the ship. When we cruised to Cozumel in April we saw that there was a check point and they were going through bags and throwing out food. I wasn't sure if this was standard policy in every port or not.

My 3 boys want to snack/eat all of the time. :(

We are leaving on the Carnival Dream this Sunday - and Belize is one of our Ports.

We are traveling with our 4 kids and I was wondering if I am allowed to take snacks that we have, off of the ship. When we cruised to Cozumel in April we saw that there was a check point and they were going through bags and throwing out food. I wasn't sure if this was standard policy in every port or not.

My 3 boys want to snack/eat all of the time. :(

Pretty standard in all ports.

Bring packaged snacks like peanut butter crackers, cookies, nuts or bars. But these must be in unopened factory packaged containers. You can bring these on board with you when you embark on the ship. Don't take food off the Lido deck, including fruit like bananas and oranges.

you can always help out the locals and buy from them

I think the point of bringing your own snacks is the fact that the OP has 4 kids...it's not cheap to purchase from the locals when you have that many mouths to feed and every little bit helps. Otherwise, they would probably not be asking about this.

I have managed to bring the small cereal packages from the buffet area off the ship with me. It makes an excellent snack for my daughter when we are out. Just make sure nothing is opened. :)

I agree take pre packaged foods, no fruits, we were on The Glory last week and Belize was one port, they never checked your bags going off at all, they have a garbage tin as you exit the ship for throwing away food, but with 4 kids I agree take some snacks to keep them happy

Our tour included lunch but packing lunch doesnt seem like a bad idea if your planning on not taking an excursion which includes it.

Whatever you pack for lunch has to be packaged and sealed (unopened) by the manufacturer.

LuLu