Disembarking in NY

toby517

Hi,

When leaving the terminal in NY on the ground level, is it possible to have your transportation pick you up at the entrance?

We are on the Gem next month. Taveling with wife in a wheelchair (unable to walk distances do to MS), son, DIL and 17monthold grandson. Not sure if we're going to be able to get ourselves and luggage accross 12th street to be picked up by a family member.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

When leaving the terminal in NY on the ground level, is it possible to have your transportation pick you up at the entrance?

We are on the Gem next month. Taveling with wife in a wheelchair (unable to walk distances do to MS), son, DIL and 17monthold grandson. Not sure if we're going to be able to get ourselves and luggage accross 12th street to be picked up by a family member.

Thanks for the help.

I have never used their services but i believe if you use the porter services (which it seems you will need it) you are able to board your transportation right at the entrance (exit) of the port.

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

On all my cruises out of New York, after embarkation, I have always been picked up at the terminal, not across the street. Just make sure whomever is picking you up, decide beforehand upstairs or downstairs and make sure you have their cell numbers and make sure the phones are charged.

Needless to say, a comedy of errors led to a bad pickup for me.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Grab a porter. They will pick up all your stuff---just point out your bags-(you don't have to take anything) and take you wherever you want (just remember to tip).

Safe sailing

Edited by spidybabe

On my last few cruises...NO pick ups at pier...had to cross the street.. both with or without a porter..

(though I have no idea how they handle those in wheel chairs--that would be a question for NCL special needs department)

On my last few cruises...NO pick ups at pier...had to cross the street.. both with or without a porter..

(though I have no idea how they handle those in wheel chairs--that would be a question for NCL special needs department)

Thanks for the replys.

Will the porter go across the street with us?

Took us across the street, and down one and one half blocks. They are very nice and willing to help...Don't forget to tip(well worth the money)

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by spidybabe

If you are being picked up you have to go across the street. No more pick ups at terminal. Only drop offs or cabs.

This apparently isn't consistent. Just this past Sunday, our car service picked us up downstairs outside the terminal (no crossing the street).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

This apparently isn't consistent. Just this past Sunday, our car service picked us up downstairs outside the terminal (no crossing the street).

"All cars enter the Terminal from the north at the intersection of 55th Street and 12th Avenue (State Route 9A)."

Our car service also picked us up right outside the terminal, however, we were told by the car service, traffic entering the terminal area is limited and we MAY have to walk across 12th Street if the area is too congested.

I'm curious; maybe security only lets taxis and "car service" in the terminal gate?

I don't remember private cars(family members) entering the terminal area, only taxis and "car service", but that was only my observation.

Edited by $hip$hape

"All cars enter the Terminal from the north at the intersection of 55th Street and 12th Avenue (State Route 9A)."

Our car service also picked us up right outside the terminal, however, we were told by the car service, traffic entering the terminal area is limited and we MAY have to walk across 12th Street if the area is too congested.

I'm curious; maybe security only lets taxis and "car service" in the terminal gate?

I don't remember private cars(family members) entering the terminal area, only taxis and "car service", but that was only my observation.

Unless they have changed it since last year, I got picked up on the lower level by a personal vehicle and used a porter. I think it might be the porters too who have a hand in it. (or a hand out too).

;)

wasiii

Unless they have changed it since last year, I got picked up on the lower level by a personal vehicle and used a porter. I think it might be the porters too who have a hand in it. (or a hand out too).

;)

wasiii

Yes, it has changed. Most of the time they prohibit pick ups there. But it's not done consistently. I have not been able to figure out why they don't allow it most of the time, but sometimes they do.

Yes, it has changed. Most of the time they prohibit pick ups there. But it's not done consistently. I have not been able to figure out why they don't allow it most of the time, but sometimes they do.

I can't figure it out either.....all I know is that since around Sandy storm time.we have not been able to be picked up at pier..always across the street.

Which to me is not only inconvenient but also dangerous...so many people with mounds of luggage and cars in a block radius...with no organized way to load...

When did this start? This past February we were picked up by a private vehicle right in front.

It started right after Hurricane Sandy, so almost two years ago, but as I and others have said it's not done consistently...and I have no idea why sometimes they will allow pick ups directly in from of the cruise terminal and sometimes not. It may have to do with traffic congestion at the time.

WHere do we get Refunds for the High NYC, NY Port Fees paid in full?

Having a Car service from NCL does that include pickup at the Passenger Ship Cruise Terminal?

Winter can be a douzy/doozy coming too.:eek:

FORTY Dollars a day to Park at the Piers is Highway and River Robbery..:eek: