phones on RC

can anyone tell me if they have rented the phones/walkie talkies on board? Worth it? Have heard they have some just to text each other so they can find their party. And if I lose it , it could cost $500 to replace. True or not? I really hate the old walkie takie that I could take. I am too cheap to use our cell phones. The cost ?

Thankyou

can anyone tell me if they have rented the phones/walkie talkies on board? Worth it? Have heard they have some just to text each other so they can find their party. And if I lose it , it could cost $500 to replace. True or not? I really hate the old walkie takie that I could take. I am too cheap to use our cell phones. The cost ?

Thankyou

There are DECT phones (voice only, no text) for rent for $25.

Edited by clarea

Thankyou

Hi, I was told yesterday, the cost would be 17.50 per phone,

and $1,000 if you lose it.

We were thinking of doing it on the Oasis, as we take my sister for her

first mega ship experience. We want to be able to find each other, and make sure she doesn't miss a thing.

we have used walkies before, and it was helpful, as we looked for our adult son on the coco cay,

finally , we found out that he and some german girls were hung over,

and he'd be late.

at least we could tell him what part of the island to find us on.

Hi, I was told yesterday, the cost would be 17.50 per phone,

and $1,000 if you lose it.

We were thinking of doing it on the Oasis, as we take my sister for her

first mega ship experience. We want to be able to find each other, and make sure she doesn't miss a thing.

The iPhone types are only on Oasis and Allure. However, I thought those were $35. Perhaps they lowered the price.

They were great, especially the GPS part. We are older & I could just check at night to see if my husband got tired & went back to the room at night without calling him.

He liked the part about the daily planner being on them so you did not have to carry the paper.

Last year, we rented them on the Allure....they were horrible. We switched phones a couple times, the on the 3rd day, gave up. We turned them in & they credited us our money back.

We are going back on Oasis this weekend. I am going to try them again. Will let you know !

Thankyou

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2717&faqSubjectId=334

We rented them on the Allure on June. It was $30 per phone. Service on board was hit or miss. It was nice having the cruise planner at your fingertips and using the GPS to see where the other people in your party were located.

If you own iphones have a look at this app.

Ripple Cruise Communicator

http://www.ripple-connect.com

Raina

Interesting. Looks as though they are taking advantage of the apparent fact that the cruise wi-fi doesn't block traffic between connected devices - connected to the internet or not.

At our office we isolate all the guest wifi clients from each other to reduce virus spreading.

Interesting. Looks as though they are taking advantage of the apparent fact that the cruise wi-fi doesn't block traffic between connected devices - connected to the internet or not.

At our office we isolate all the guest wifi clients from each other to reduce virus spreading.

Same here.

Same here.

I tried the App at home which worked great while actually connect to our Wifi but at the office you can't access the network without a password so it was a no go.

• 2 weeks later...
to bad we couldn't leave messages on phones then pick up a phone around the ship to play back the messages. Or is that possible now?

You can leave messages on stateroom phones, they have voicemail. I don't know if the messages can be retrieved remotely though.