Finally?? They got the Cheers Program situated

jks336

This info is so helpful. We are going on our first Carnival cruise in 2 days WOOHOO! Ball park how much is a beer, mixed drinks and their little umbrella drinks. Earlier someone said 6 drinks and you break even. Just trying to figure out if this is what we should do. Thanks!

In May beer was 6.61 w/tip....bloody mary approx $6....frozen drinks $8 other drinks like margaritas were $9..approx and without 15% tip...too lazy to get my calculator :D

The unfortunate part of the program is that all adults (even pregnant ones) over the age on 21 in a cabin must purchase, or no one. I think there should at least be a medical release statement from a doctor or something allowed to opt out in the case of pregnancy.

The true unfortunate part is a that while pregnant woman shouldn't drink. Many do.

I think it's funny people say that won't buy it because they will get cut off at 15 drinks. 15!! Holy smokes, I'd be sloshed for 7 straight days. And if you do the math drinking 15 a day on cheers would be way less than paying full price.

And there are friends of bill w meetings on the ships if 15 aren't enough. ;)

Now I'm thinking about this for DH and I. If it stays under 40 dollars each for a 7 day cruise. So will I be able to use it for frozen drinks at the rum bar and margarita bar? I'm sure it will work for drink of the days. We like the fu fu drinks, we're not huge drinkers but if we had 4 drinks a day it's a deal right? We have a 7 day cruise coming up on The Liberty in Feb. really thinking of doing this.

Definitely get Cheers on Liberty! They have the Alchemy Bar which is totally worth the price of the program. Drinks there run about $8 and 4.5 drinks pays for the program.

Thank you all. I went through that 3 times and missed it every time.

Guess I don't understand it. It's their island and all the drinks you purchase go on your S&S card... why can't Cheers be used? That's a bit of BS in my opinion.

It used to be allowed, but of course people abused it and they stopped allowing it.....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On RCI I use mine and wife's package to order a beer and a shot. They have never said no. I'm wondering if anyone has one this on Carnival. Or, are they strict about one drink at a time?

I have gotten 2 drinks if I have both cards.

but if Im by my self it's a 5 minute wait.

I made friends with a bar tender and he gave me 2 but i had to sit for 5 minutes so he could run my card twice

On our last cruise, my DH would order a Jack and coke and ask for the jack to be doubled. How would that be handled with the cheers program? Would that count as two drinks or would we just be charged for the drink with the 25% discount?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Why do they pick on the poor Aussies?

Its not unusual. We call it the "Australia Tax"

We usually pay more for most things such as Apple & Sony products, DVDs, digital downloads and most brand name items.

We are usually not eligible to enter Carnivals competitions and they even charge for room service on the Spirit!

I think its cause the rest of the world is jealous at how awesome we are :D