Advantages Booking Direct w/ MSC?

IJustWantToGo36

It doesn't always work. I'm trying to prebook the premium allegrissimo package for my repo on Preziosa in March. I've taken the steps necessary which bring me to the only option of Allegrissimo (basic). Out of curiosity I selected it - I now have a page up with the information regarding the packages along with my booking details and a notification saying "‹ Reservation on-Board" written exactly as I have with the arrow which I assume is referring me back to the previous page.

I haven't asked my TA to prebook it, yet, but I am NOT prepared to pay an extra 15% on top of the price of a drinks package over the course of a 20 night sailing when MSC themselves claim that these packages can be prebooked.

Have you looked at the pdf on the website that details all the packaged? It may be that the premium Allegrissimo is simply not offered on your specific sailing. I seem to remember reading that some packages were not offered on certain MSC itineraries. (Other cruise lines do this as well. Several do not offer all inclusive alcohol packages during USA spring break. Celebrity excludes their 123Go promo on TA's and only offers choice of one promo, instead of two out if three, on repositioning cruises.)

Check out the small print on that pdf, and good luck.

Edited by jkgourmet

Have you looked at the pdf on the website that details all the packaged? It may be that the premium Allegrissimo is simply not offered on your specific sailing. I seem to remember reading that some packages were not offered on certain MSC itineraries. (Other cruise lines do this as well. Several do not offer all inclusive alcohol packages during USA spring break. Celebrity excludes their 123Go promo on TA's and only offers choice of one promo, instead of two out if three, on repositioning cruises.)

Check out the small print on that pdf, and good luck.

I rang MSC before booking with regards to the packages available as the website doesn't specifically state what's available on repos from Brazil:

ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE 24 HOURS

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including wine (from the "by the glass" menu), draft and bottled beer, soft drinks, mineral water, hot drinks and all drinks from the bar(including champagne cocktails, single malt whiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), drinks from your minibar and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the 'Gelateria' menu and Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.

* This offer is available on selected departures (Canary Islands, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, United Arab Emirates and Antilles, including MSC Grand Voyages to Winter destinations and MSC Grand Voyages from United Arab Emirates and Antilles and Caribbean)

The same applies to the Allegrissimo.

I was told that Classic Allegrissimo and Premium were available. Classic is more expensive than basic even though it's effectively the same package - it's applicable in the US/Caribbean and South America sailings where the currency onboard is $. The Premium package quoted to me was €3 more pppd on this sailing than it would normally be - don't ask me why!!:confused: As I asked for the prices in Euro this is what I was quoted: Premium €44 but on this sailing €47 but it'll be charged in $!!?

MSC do not make things easy to stay loyal when simple things like this get complicated by them. This is a direct quote from the Allegrissimo info : Book before you depart to get the best possible deal