How are guaranteed cabins assigned

pamrose228

Are they assigned in any fashionable order e.g. the ones booked further out get the better ones or does CCL really look at loyalty even though it's not stated.

I booked a guarantee OV with a senior rate, will they give me one closer to the elevators (which I prefer not).

Is there any method to assignments.

It is random. I have booked first time cruisers and had them upgraded a few categories and then some Carnival VIFP and the same thing. I think it is not a terrible idea if you really do not mind and are not going with a group. My first cruise I got upgraded from inside to oceanview. It really depends on availability.

I booked a guarantee OV with a senior rate, will they give me one closer to the elevators (which I prefer not).

If any of your cruise cabin wishes, needs or thoughts contain words or phrases such as:

Close by... away from... down the hall from... as high up as... as down low as... noise... front of the ship... rear of the ship... middle of the ship... unobstructed... right above... right below... connecting... etc...

then booking a Guarantee would not be the way to go.

Assignments are simply luck of the draw.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Are they assigned in any fashionable order e.g. the ones booked further out get the better ones or does CCL really look at loyalty even though it's not stated.

This year on two separate cruises (same ship) I booked Balcony Guarantees. One cruise was booked about 9-10 days out and I was assigned an 8D three days before sailing. On the other cruise, I switched to a Balcony Guarantee about 60 days out and was assigned an 8K, 31 days before the sailing. I actually just got this room assigned this morning.

I really don't think that loyalty has anything at all to do with the assignments, however, I do think that better rooms are assigned to the guarantees that are booked further out. Makes sense, as they would have less to pick from. And, I think that the reps can sell the lower category cabins easier, so they remove some of the higher priced categories. I actually feel that assignments are made in stages. Like they take the first batch and assign cabins and then they assign the others closer to sail date. Just my thoughts on it.

But, seriously, there really probably isn't any rhyme or reason as to how rooms are assigned. I do know that this year was the first time I've ever done a Guarantee room and both times I've been pleasantly surprised. In the future, I wouldn't hesitate to book this way again.

dont spread this around but I snuck into a secret area at carnival headquarters where they were determining cabins for people who booked guarantees.. (I took the picture below)

I dont want to get in trouble so dont tell anyone that you saw this

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=tPM7pzJawtZ-2M&tbnid=RHcy_5g619c4ZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.matthewsyoung.com%2F2012%2F08%2F23%2Fsuccession-planning-or-picking-names-out-of-a-hat%2F&ei=pKv2U_e6E4ypyATRloDACg&psig=AFQjCNG42Soyw0Qupeed3gnAh0FtRoTgqQ&ust=1408761077857849

Carnival-Guarantee.jpg.b2a32cb183a0dce516bf3be0f2b72178.jpg

Edited by hftmrock

It's random, however my parents and and their friends booked two interior guarantees, and got cabins right next to each other. I think they try to get those traveling together close to each other.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They were lucky, if they wanted to be close that is. The one time we booked Guarantee: friends booked same category(inside) within an hour and linked their booking to ours. We got deck 2 and they got Lido. That was our first cruise. Since then we pick where we want to be for those glorious days on board.

We got our assignments about 3 weeks from sailing and booked almost 6 months prior.

Edited by springs741

It's random, however my parents and and their friends booked two interior guarantees, and got cabins right next to each other. I think they try to get those traveling together close to each other.

p

yes they were very lucky. our first cruise we did guarantee because we did not know better--

our cabins were all scattered-- not one was even in the same area.

A few cruises back I saw a "Senior Rate" Gty that I couldn't refuse. I called Jack, (Best PVP in Carnival) and booked. I think he must have used some influence because I got my cabin assignment a month out, and it was midship. Very Pleased!:)