Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I am truly enjoying your review so far! I'm just curious on what he may have mentioned outside of the obvious "We are adding this, and refurbing this area to be the new _____." I'll be sailing the Pride 3 weeks after her drydock.

Starry Nights Lounge will be the new Red Frog Pub

Perfect Game Sports Bar will be the EA Sports Bar

The Poolside Grille will be Guys Burger Joint

Please thank your Son for me for his service to our wonderful country. I have heard that Annapolis is a pretty area. An Army-Navy football game...I am very jealous!!!

We just bought Season Tickets for Notre Dame this year. I can't wait for the first game next weekend. College Football is by far sport to watch. Is the Army vs. Navy game at M&T Bank Stadium??

The Pride is a great ship....we had a wonderful time. And I'm sure that you will too

Army-Navy is in Baltimore this year - should be a lot of fun! We have been to the Navy-Notre Dame game a couple of times, and our son got to go see them play in Ireland a couple of years ago! Their tradition of playing each other is interesting too, a lot like Army-Navy.

Maybe we will run into you in Annapolis one day! :D

OK back to the review....

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014104_zpsca4a34f2.jpg

Close-Up photo of Fort McHenry

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014106_zps2f3547a2.jpg

The Seadog Powerboat is out for a little ride around the Inner Harbor :)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014107_zps3f1279e2.jpg

Police Boat in Baltimore. It followed us out to sea once we got past the bridge

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014109_zpsef73c3d0.jpg

We passed under the bridge....missing it by just a few inches :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014111_zps7bdb08c6.jpg

The bridge from our cabin window.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014112_zpsbf71a188.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014114_zps7bc9c22f.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014115_zps364061b2.jpg

While we were back in our cabin we unpacked everything from our suitcases. That's one of the best parts about vacations on a cruise....you get to unpack for the week and put the suitcases away :)

Once we got everything put away we headed to dinner. We had Your Time Dining in the Normandie Dining Room. There is only one dining room on the Pride. The Normandie Dining Room is on decks 3 and 4 aft. Your Time Dining is on Deck 4.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014117_zps2a9fe186.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014118_zpsc91b3a9f.jpg

The chicken tenders is my favorite appetizer in the MDR

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014119_zpsb59c2bf7.jpg

I had the braised short ribs on night 1. They were very good

We went to dinner early every night...usually by 6:00 pm and we never had to wait. In fact we usually always walked right in

After dinner we went to the Welcome Aboard show. The Welcome Aboard show is one of my favorite shows of the week

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014120_zps3a141df9.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014122_zpsaec2bc8b.jpg

It is hard to see but I had to post this pic....those lights were the top of a submarine. After dinner I walked out onto the outdoor Promenade deck and we were passing a Submarine. That was very cool.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014123_zps4bd9d642.jpg

After the Welcome Aboard show we headed to the Mardi Gras party that they were having in the Atrium

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014124_zpsa1cc5baf.jpg

Mom and I bought caught whistles. My dad was so excited....two women with whistles :D

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014125_zps698a60ed.jpg

The atrium was packed during this event

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014128_zps48c0e4c3.jpg

We now have whistles and glow sticks

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014129_zps69516a7f.jpg

Josh was real funny during this event

Army-Navy is in Baltimore this year - should be a lot of fun! We have been to the Navy-Notre Dame game a couple of times, and our son got to go see them play in Ireland a couple of years ago! Their tradition of playing each other is interesting too, a lot like Army-Navy.

Maybe we will run into you in Annapolis one day! :D

Yeah that Army-Navy game will be fun...for sure :) Notre Dame is steeped in tradition. If you're ever in the South Bend, IN area stop at the campus and spend a few hours. It is a beautiful campus.

Did they specify what type of waterworks? Is she getting that green thunder thing?

No he didn't say what the Waterworks area will be but I know that the Spirit and Legend both have the Green Thunder waterslide and the Pride is a Spirit class ship so I would assume that they are getting it as well. It looks like a fun waterslide...until the floor drops out from underneath you :eek:

Loving this review. We cruise on her in a week!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Consider yourself fortunate that you aren't on the Pride this week. They had to modify the itinerary. They will not be stopping at Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay because of Tropical Storm Cristobal....they are going to Port Canaveral and Nassau in its place. That would be a huge disappointment :(

So after the Welcome Aboard show and the Mardi Gras Party we decided that it was time to head for bed for the night.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014130_zpsc6cc9fbe.jpg

This little guy was waiting for us when we arrived back in our cabin.....it's the Towel Animal :eek:

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014131_zpsc98f5766.jpg

This was our Platinum gift on the Carnival Pride....it was the VIFP Tervis Tumbler. This is such a great gift :)

We were in cabin 1228. It was an Ocean View cabin on Riviera Deck. It was such a great location. We were right in the middle of the mid-ship and aft elevators.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014133_zps6c142baf.jpg

The Carnival Pride still has the big TV's in the cabin....they take up a lot of room

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014134_zps14313b36.jpg

My dad slept on the pull-out couch and he said that it was very comfortable

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014135_zps34077730.jpg

I had the bed close to the window....I had no trouble sleeping throughout the week ;)

Well that is the end of Day 2 onboard (our first Full Day at Sea)....Stay Tuned for more Fun and Shenanigans :D

Was,space an issue with you all 3 in one stateroom? When taking my parents i would love to save an extra$1000 by only getting one stateroom. However i am afraid we would kill each other by end of the cruise.

No it wasn't an issue. My dad showers at night. My mom and I showered in the morning. I was usually always the first one up. My mom would usually shower while my dad and I went to breakfast in the MDR. We definitely made it work. With the pullout sofa bed it didn't seem like we lost any space.

In order to save $1,000 or more I would definitely put 3 people in a room again

So how about a bit of information about those two military ships in the Harbor?

Those are part of the National Defense Reserve Fleet. They are positioned in many of the big harbors to allow quick deployment of military assets.

Those two are called "roll-on-roll-off" ships. Those are probably "Cape Washington" and "Cape Wrath". Their placement near the Sugar refinery is interesting.

When you go on the Dream in December, about 15 minutes down the river you will see the sisters of those ships named "Cape Kennedy" and "Cape Knox". They are also docked near the Domino Sugar refinery in the neighborhood of Arabi in New Orleans.

They are the same configuration as the ships in Baltimore, with the aft ramps deployed for loading.

Remember to look for those when you leave New Orleans, and also look for us coming up the river, as we'll be on the Elation disembarking the next morning in New Orleans.

So how about a bit of information about those two military ships in the Harbor?

Those are part of the National Defense Reserve Fleet. They are positioned in many of the big harbors to allow quick deployment of military assets.

Those two are called "roll-on-roll-off" ships. Those are probably "Cape Washington" and "Cape Wrath". Their placement near the Sugar refinery is interesting.

When you go on the Dream in December, about 15 minutes down the river you will see the sisters of those ships named "Cape Kennedy" and "Cape Knox". They are also docked near the Domino Sugar refinery in the neighborhood of Arabi in New Orleans.

They are the same configuration as the ships in Baltimore, with the aft ramps deployed for loading.

Remember to look for those when you leave New Orleans, and also look for us coming up the river, as we'll be on the Elation disembarking the next morning in New Orleans.

To go further on this36c1572e7c879c360783705d7d33a59c.jpg596489d52b3d5d03affb3e2d034d3346.jpg

We were in cabin 1228. It was an Ocean View cabin on Riviera Deck. It was such a great location. We were right in the middle of the mid-ship and aft elevators.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014133_zps6c142baf.jpg

The Carnival Pride still has the big TV's in the cabin....they take up a lot of room

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014134_zps14313b36.jpg

My dad slept on the pull-out couch and he said that it was very comfortable

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014135_zps34077730.jpg

I had the bed close to the window....I had no trouble sleeping throughout the week ;)

Well that is the end of Day 2 onboard (our first Full Day at Sea)....Stay Tuned for more Fun and Shenanigans :D

Whoops these pics were all from our first day onboard.....so this is the end of Day One onboard