Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

I laughed that in most of the elevators someone had scratched all the nipples off.

First day sea day out of Baltimore was terrible for us. Ship was all over the place it felt like. There was hardly anyone out and about. Me and little girl walked all over the ship and had a blast. It felt like we had the ship to ourselves.

NYBumpkin, are you a former MidMom?? :D
I'm a KP Mom - Merchant Marine Academy. KPers have the option to sail civilian ships (5 year commitment with Navy Reserve service) or commission active duty into any branch of the armed forces. DS had a job offer from MSC and also an offer of a Navy commission. He hemmed and hawed about which to take and finally opted to go Navy. He's on a destroyer homeported in Yokosuka now.

Brianna,

Thank you for another wonderful review! I have been waiting for this one. The Pride was our first Big Carnival Ship and we are counting down the days to sail on her again after 2.0 upgrades over Thanksgiving. I am so happy your mom looks like she had a wonderful time. Have you had to add her to your December cruise yet?

Loving your review.

We did the Pride in April of 2012.

It was our first in a while, and while we had fun, I don't think I would go back on that ship.

I hate to sound shallow, because I am not, but I hated the décor.

It was like Night at the Museum. After being on the Breeze, twice, since that cruise, I just couldn't. lol

Looking forward to trying out the Dream or Breeze for a 3rd time in January.

But, again, LOVING your review.

Nice to finally meet Mom.:D:D:D

I laughed that in most of the elevators someone had scratched all the nipples off.

First day sea day out of Baltimore was terrible for us. Ship was all over the place it felt like. There was hardly anyone out and about. Me and little girl walked all over the ship and had a blast. It felt like we had the ship to ourselves.

Haha.... I didn't notice that.

The crew told us that it is usually always rough the first day due to being in the Atlantic Ocean rather than the Caribbean Sea. It is an eerie feeling though when it's like you have the whole ship to yourself

Brianna,

Thank you for another wonderful review! I have been waiting for this one. The Pride was our first Big Carnival Ship and we are counting down the days to sail on her again after 2.0 upgrades over Thanksgiving. I am so happy your mom looks like she had a wonderful time. Have you had to add her to your December cruise yet?

Thank You so much. You will love the Pride after the 2.0 upgrades....they sound amazing.

Yeah my mom had a great time. But she won't be going with us on the Dream....she goes to Colorado in December.

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review

Loving your review.

We did the Pride in April of 2012.

It was our first in a while, and while we had fun, I don't think I would go back on that ship.

I hate to sound shallow, because I am not, but I hated the décor.

It was like Night at the Museum. After being on the Breeze, twice, since that cruise, I just couldn't. lol

Looking forward to trying out the Dream or Breeze for a 3rd time in January.

But, again, LOVING your review.

Nice to finally meet Mom.:D:D:D

I agree with you.....it is a "dark" ship. I especially noticed it in the Atrium....usually the Atriums have big, bright lighting but on the Pride it was very dark. I think that all has to do with the decor as well.

I need to try out the Breeze.....I have heard nothing but rave reviews. We will be on the Dream in December for our second time in less than a year. I don't care what ship it is as long I'm onboard ;-)

Brianna...you and your family and the way you travel and enjoy life ..all you put into it..you are made for Carnival and display Carnival at it's best..and I am so glad it has evolved that you work as a TA now and you got your mom on this trip...thanks for sharing everything with us..your mom is beautiful..your dad is cute and you are the blessed one of best of both of them..not the least of which is a heart for fun and love..real love and caring..so sweet..thanks for sharing that and what the real Carnival is all about...great affordable product and good sized rooms and comfy sleeping...to get up and go again.

I like the ship..I think i like traditional so traditional "crazy" like Carnival is pretty to me..though a little dark. I want to do the Breeze too...I think i am doing Princess next..I want to do several lines..next one is for the big 55..LOL..sarah

Edited by sjn911

I'm a KP Mom - Merchant Marine Academy. KPers have the option to sail civilian ships (5 year commitment with Navy Reserve service) or commission active duty into any branch of the armed forces. DS had a job offer from MSC and also an offer of a Navy commission. He hemmed and hawed about which to take and finally opted to go Navy. He's on a destroyer homeported in Yokosuka now.

Awesome! Maybe our sons will cross paths someday!

Sorry to hijack, Wrigley!! :o

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful review of your trip on the Pride. The pictures are amazing. I live less than an hour from Baltimore and have been to the Inner Harbor many times, but seeing it through your eyes, I want to go back. As for the Pride, I love that ship. Your detailed report and pictures have brought back many wonderful memories of my trips on her. You have a real gift for writing and photography. Can't wait to read more.

CarnivalPride-July272014115_zps7ebad41f.jpg

One of my Dad's favorite shows was "Homicide" and as we were walking around the Fells Point area we saw the building where it was filmed. So my dad really enjoyed this

CarnivalPride-July272014116_zps08775202.jpg

The building where the show was filmed

CarnivalPride-July272014117_zps316c5442.jpg

Fells Point area in Baltimore. The Maryland state flag.....can anyone tell me what the flag represents??

CarnivalPride-July272014119_zpsd08155cf.jpg

Here comes our ride

CarnivalPride-July272014120_zpsb0793d9f.jpg

Onboard the Water Taxi

Thanks for your review! The Maryland state flag represents the two families that founded Maryland if I'm not mistaken!

Brianna GREAT review so far, our PRIDE cruise is very far away but I am already excited because of your pictures!

Thank You so much. Your cruise will be here before you know it. I see in your signature that you had previously cruised on the RC Nordic Empress. That was my very first cruise....I guess you can say it is the ship that go me hooked on cruising ;) :p :)

Brianna...you and your family and the way you travel and enjoy life ..all you put into it..you are made for Carnival and display Carnival at it's best..and I am so glad it has evolved that you work as a TA now and you got your mom on this trip...thanks for sharing everything with us..your mom is beautiful..your dad is cute and you are the blessed one of best of both of them..not the least of which is a heart for fun and love..real love and caring..so sweet..thanks for sharing that and what the real Carnival is all about...great affordable product and good sized rooms and comfy sleeping...to get up and go again.

I like the ship..I think i like traditional so traditional "crazy" like Carnival is pretty to me..though a little dark. I want to do the Breeze too...I think i am doing Princess next..I want to do several lines..next one is for the big 55..LOL..sarah

Awww Sarah you sure know how to make someone feel so special ;) Yeah I am very blessed to have them both as parents.....we may bicker with one another like all families do but in the end we are FAMILY :)

Thanks Again for such kind words....and btw there is no way that you are 55 ;)