Barcelona Ship to Airport using Princess Transfers

ndjoe

Going on a Mediterranean cruise next year, and would like to know if anyone recently disembarked in Barcelona and used Princess transfers to the airport. Will be booking airfare shortly, and wondering how much time is needed between port arrival and flight departure time at the airport, using Princess transfers. The ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 5:00 am and the Delta flight I plan to book, leaves at 11:40 am. I have read that you need to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your International flight departure. When would you normally disembark the ship and leave for the airport? Would booking an 11:40 am flight be feasible, or should I consider staying overnight in Barcelona?

Going on a Mediterranean cruise next year, and would like to know if anyone recently disembarked in Barcelona and used Princess transfers to the airport. Will be booking airfare shortly, and wondering how much time is needed between port arrival and flight departure time at the airport, using Princess transfers. The ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 5:00 am and the Delta flight I plan to book, leaves at 11:40 am. I have read that you need to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your International flight departure. When would you normally disembark the ship and leave for the airport? Would booking an 11:40 am flight be feasible, or should I consider staying overnight in Barcelona?

I don't think Princess transportation will allow you to book with them for any flight prior to 12:15. You can make 11:40 flight booking your own transportation.

Princess had return flights out of BCN on EZ Air for 10:45am for our Regal cruise next month.

I agree I would do walk off and book your own transport or take a taxi (approx 35 euro).

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Having spent a considerable amount of time in Barcelona in the last few years I would recommend booking the flight you prefer (anything after 10am should be fine) and then taking a taxi to the airport. Disembarkation in Barcelona is easy and efficient, taxis are readily available/affordable (€35 or less) and most of the drivers speak enough English to get you where you need to go. Knowing whether your airline uses terminal 1 or 2 at BCN is helpful to the driver, but most will know which terminal if you tell them the airline.

When you do your online registration with Princess there is a place to put in independent flight info. This will let the pursers desk onboard know which disembarkation to give you. If what you receive seems a bit late simply go to the pursers desk and ask for an earlier disembarkation. For non-stop US flights being at BCN about 2.5-3hrs prior to departure is a safe window. Allow 30-45 minutes from the pier to the airport for morning traffic.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by scottamiller

I just disembarked in Barcelona on Monday. The ship arrived at 5 am. We used the Princess transportation to the airport and disembarked at 6 am. Our delta flight left at 10:20 am bound for JFK. We had plenty of time and were one of the first ones at our gate at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Appreciate the information. We are due to arrive on the Emerald Princess at 5:00am also, so if we are allowed off the ship around 6:00am also, with a 11:40am departure, I see no issue either. My main concern was when Princess allowed you to disembark and whether their Princess transportation was available at that time. May I ask what time you actually left the port, and how long did it take you by bus to the airport.

I just disembarked in Barcelona on Monday. The ship arrived at 5 am. We used the Princess transportation to the airport and disembarked at 6 am. Our delta flight left at 10:20 am bound for JFK. We had plenty of time and were one of the first ones at our gate at the airport.

Appreciate the information. We are due to arrive on the Emerald Princess at 5:00am also, so if we are allowed off the ship around 6:00am also, with a 11:40am departure, I see no issue either. My main concern was when Princess allowed you to disembark and whether their Princess transportation was available at that time. May I ask what time you actually left the port, and how long did it take you by bus to the airport.

We left the port at about 6:30 I believe. We would have left earlier but we had some luggage issues and had to take a later shuttle. The ride to the airport is only about a half hour. If you are flying with Delta as I believe you said you are, they have a special check in area in the cruise terminal itself. We checked our bagged and were issued our boarding passes before we even left the cruise terminal. We only had to go through security at the airport as everything else was taken care of at the cruise terminal. The princess transportation was fantastic and quite efficient. I definitely recommend it for your situation.

Well, you definitely gave me the best news I ever could have expected. The fact that Delta will check your bags and issue boarding passes at the cruise terminal, is such a great convenience. Where you advised before you disembarked, about the Delta check-in facility in the cruise terminal? Do you have to take your checked bags to the bus when you board, or do they ship them separately in a truck? I assume it was a bus that took you to the airport. Appreciate your glowing report on the Princess transportation, now all I have to do is enjoy my cruise.

We left the port at about 6:30 I believe. We would have left earlier but we had some luggage issues and had to take a later shuttle. The ride to the airport is only about a half hour. If you are flying with Delta as I believe you said you are, they have a special check in area in the cruise terminal itself. We checked our bagged and were issued our boarding passes before we even left the cruise terminal. We only had to go through security at the airport as everything else was taken care of at the cruise terminal. The princess transportation was fantastic and quite efficient. I definitely recommend it for your situation.

Well, you definitely gave me the best news I ever could have expected. The fact that Delta will check your bags and issue boarding passes at the cruise terminal, is such a great convenience. Where you advised before you disembarked, about the Delta check-in facility in the cruise terminal? Do you have to take your checked bags to the bus when you board, or do they ship them separately in a truck? I assume it was a bus that took you to the airport. Appreciate your glowing report on the Princess transportation, now all I have to do is enjoy my cruise.

We had no idea prior to picking up our bags in the cruise terminal that they had a delta check in desk there. It was quite a surprise. We handed over our checked bags in the cruise terminal and did not see them again until we arrived at JFK. The only bags we had to load on the bus were our carry ons.

We had no idea prior to picking up our bags in the cruise terminal that they had a delta check in desk there. It was quite a surprise. We handed over our checked bags in the cruise terminal and did not see them again until we arrived at JFK. The only bags we had to load on the bus were our carry ons.

Is Delta the only one that does that?

Would you kindly post the link, from the Barcelona Port website, that mentions Delta, as the only airline offering baggage check-in facilities at the cruise terminal. I searched, but couldn't find it. Thank You

Barcelona port website only mentions Delta.

Is Delta the only one that does that?

Delta was the only airline there. There was a separate line for those flying with delta. I find it odd that no other major airlines are doing this. It definitely expedites the whole process and it certainly made me a happy traveler.

I sure hope the Delta representatives are still there next year. I want to be a happy traveler too. I can't understand, why I can't find that information listed on the Barcelona Port website. Again, thanks for all your help.

Delta was the only airline there. There was a separate line for those flying with delta. I find it odd that no other major airlines are doing this. It definitely expedites the whole process and it certainly made me a happy traveler.

Would you kindly post the link, from the Barcelona Port website, that mentions Delta, as the only airline offering baggage check-in facilities at the cruise terminal. I searched, but couldn't find it. Thank You

This is a 2013 document

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/imgfiles/Professionals/bcn-cruise-facilities-2013.pdf

Delta is mentioned in small print on page 12.

"In addition, since 2008, Delta Airlines executes the check in between port and airport. For this operation, the airport has set up 16 check-in equipments in the port facilities. The luggage is transferred directly to the airport and controlled by the Automatic Treatment System of Luggage."

I commented on Keith's statement which stated that it was odd it was only Delta. Delta is our main carrier and this was not in effect for us. Clear now?

I'm sorry, I had taken your comment to mean there was a new disembarkation process in effect on Princess in Barcelona and was curious as to what had changed. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

I'm sorry, I had taken your comment to mean there was a new disembarkation process in effect on Princess in Barcelona and was curious as to what had changed. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

All feathers intact. To me it was something different. Perhaps I assumed everyone would understand.

Can someone who has flown out of Barcelona recently tell if you are required to turn on all your electronic devices? Just wondering so we will be prepared. We fly out 5 October. Did you have to turn on your cameras as well as your computer and phone? What about hairdryers?

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

Can someone who has flown out of Barcelona recently tell if you are required to turn on all your electronic devices? Just wondering so we will be prepared. We fly out 5 October. Did you have to turn on your cameras as well as your computer and phone? What about hairdryers?

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

Being asked to turn on electronics is random. They may do it one day but not the next so not possible to say. Its the same as going through the metal detector, if you have enough on you it will go off, but there is also an element of randomness such as every 12 person will set it off even if no metal on you.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Thanks in advance.

<<<Karen>>>

I flew out of Barcelona on a Delta flight to JFK last week and I was not asked to turn anything on. I believe they recommend that you have the batteries charged in your cell phone and other portable electronic devices to show that they actually are functioning. As someone else stated it might just be something they do at random.